Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbot

21 hours ago, Promise61 said:

I know that they don't have to sell bugger all to get a number one record these days, but it must still be a thrill to have a number one album.

Deacon Blue at four, another excellent record. Ricky Ross is on a hot streak with four great albums in eight years. No sign of writer's block in his sixties.

Interesting. I didn’t really get ‘Believers’ but I adored ‘The Hipsters’ and enjoyed ‘A New House’. I’m really liking ‘City Of Love’ though and MCR Calling (to get back to the thread). Perhaps I need to revisit ‘Believers’

Bossman

1 hour ago, Bossman66 said:

Interesting. I didn’t really get ‘Believers’ but I adored ‘The Hipsters’ and enjoyed ‘A New House’. I’m really liking ‘City Of Love’ though and MCR Calling (to get back to the thread). Perhaps I need to revisit ‘Believers’

Bossman

Ditto. LOVED The Hipsters. I think the issue is that Believers came out around the same time as I was importing the beautiful remastered CDs of the early albums so I was really fixated on those.

On 3/14/2020 at 4:36 PM, Promise61 said:

Weight Of The World on the new DB album is one of the best things that Ricky has ever written. It's an absolute beaut.

This 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, robk1 said:

And now a free gig for NHS workers....a great gesture

Top people.

Can't wait for Paul's anti Boris rants!

• Like 2

Paul Heaton.  Singer, songwriter, hero, prophet.

Prophet?  I hear you ask.  Here's the proof, written in the 80s while he was in the Housemartins.  From Paul's FB page.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...