BrilliantDisguise

Bruce at Rainforest Benefit Concert 12/9/19

Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp, James Taylor Top Sting’s Rainforest Benefit Concert

Shaggy, Eurythmics and H.E.R. are also set to perform

By 

ANGIE MARTOCCIO 

Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor and John Mellencamp will perform with Sting at the 30th annual Rainforest Fund benefit concert. Hosted by Robert Downey Jr., the event is set to take place at New York’s Beacon Theatre on December 9th.

Named “We’ll Be Together” after a 1987 Sting single, the lineup also features Shaggy, Eurythmics, H.E.R., Ricky Martin, Bob Geldof and MJ Rodriguez. Benefit Level tickets start at $1,000; remaining tickets will be available on November 1st via Ticketmaster.

Founded in 1989 by Sting and his wife Trudie Styler, the Rainforest Fund aims to protect the world’s rainforests and defend the human rights of the indigenous peoples who live there. “With the Amazon blighted by fire this summer, and a real and growing awareness of climate change, there has never been a more important or more opportune moment to fight to protect our forests,” Styler said in a statement. “All life on earth depends on their survival.”

The evening is also a tribute to the Eighties, during which MTV-era acts like Mellencamp and Geldof united for social change and participated in massive benefits like Live Aid, Farm Aid, and Band Aid.

Sting and Styler have thrown 17 Rainforest Fund benefit concerts over the years since 1991. The last was in 2016 and featured Springsteen, James Taylor, Idina Menzel, Darlene Love and Ronnie Spector. This is the first year it will be held at Beacon Theatre — all have previously taken place at Carnegie Hall.

Tickets for the show will be available beginning at 10 a.m. on Friday, November 1st via Ticketmaster.com and Ticketmaster Charge by Phone. Tickets will also be available at the Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre box office on November 2nd.

LINK: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/sting-springsteen-james-taylor-rainforest-fund-benefit-lineup-2019-903087/

• Like 1

Mentioned to my wife....now she wants me to get tickets.   Um, that's $2,000 just for the tix.....then, I need flights, hotel and she'll probably want to eat while we are there.   Dang, me and my big mouth.

• Bruuuuce! 1

7 minutes ago, sonicramone said:

Mentioned to my wife....now she wants me to get tickets.   Um, that's $2,000 just for the tix.....then, I need flights, hotel and she'll probably want to eat while we are there.   Dang, me and my big mouth.

You can't take it with you, my brother. Buck up.

I can't get mine to go to the movie with me.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

brucebase has the setlist as

PINK HOUSES / I'M ON FIRE / DANCING IN THE DARK

so they dont list Glory Days - im sure BD will put them right

2 minutes ago, AMIW said:

??

Capture.JPG

4 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Try looking at the performance rather than the rehearsal!

Capture.JPG

Haven't watched any vids yet but I read that The Eurythmics were stellar - better than anyone that night.

I'd go see 'em if they tour.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Try looking at the performance rather than the rehearsal!

Capture.JPG

sorry its the combined stress of knowing that the Lake is back and that Boris will close the borders and declare himself emperor for life if he wins tonight i didnt scroll far enough.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, AMIW said:

Boris will close the borders and declare himself emperor for life

source.gif

• Haha 3

On 12/12/2019 at 8:26 AM, BrilliantDisguise said:

I can't believe how good this is.  My God, thought it would be weak but hell no.  Way different than the Elton John and Gaga Don't Stop. 

I love Ricky Martin in this sharing the same stage as Bruce and having so much goddamned fun.  It's actually a joy to watch him in this.  

I highly recommend everyone watch the above. So much heart.