Greasy Lake Community

Diana Ross

whispered secret

3 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Short U.K. tour after Glastonbury. Hope to get tickets for this as The Supremes were the very first gig Mr J & I went to together - Manchester Free Trade Hall in 1968!

Wow that's a long time ago. I haven't seen the ticket prices for DR but I bet they are really expensive and checking recent setlists there's a lot of songs I wouldn't choose and hopefully she doesn't do song medleys, I hate that.

Still, she's a Motown legend and I wouldn't mind seeing her but I think the ticket prices will put me off but I hope you have a great time.

I am sure they are going to be really expensive, and it's at the NIA in Birmingham, which really isn't my favourite venue. However, she is important to us, so we are not going to pass on the chance to see her one more time. I think tickets go on sale this week, so I will let you know how we fare!

I should add that we were just friends in 1968...

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Anyone know how much tickets are yet in UK dollars?  I don't understand conversions.  

Ticket prices seem to be sometimes subject to the Official Secrets Act right up until the moment they go on sale.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/28/2019 at 5:50 PM, Born To Walk said:

Ticket prices seem to be sometimes subject to the Official Secrets Act right up until the moment they go on sale.

An Article on the Yorkshire Post website about the Leeds show confirms that prices haven't been announced yet. 

When I was in college, my roommate treated me to tickets to see Diana Ross at Valley Force, a small venue with a circulating round stage. I had no idea what to expect, but she was absolutely dynamic and wonderful. This was in May of 1978. LOL

• Like 1

I hoped when Diana was first rumoured to do Glastonbury last year that she would tour here.

I've have 2 tickets on the lower tier directly facing the stage  at £126 each which includes any add ons, which is cheaper than i expected to pay.

Pleased as punch:)

Another one to cross off the must see list.

Be interesting to see who the support is.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eden said:

I hoped when Diana was first rumoured to do Glastonbury last year that she would tour here.

I've have 2 tickets on the lower tier directly facing the stage  at £126 each which includes any add ons, which is cheaper than i expected to pay.

Pleased as punch:)

Another one to cross off the must see list.

Be interesting to see who the support is.

Which venue? We got a notification of pre-sale for tomorrow. 

15 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Which venue? We got a notification of pre-sale for tomorrow. 

The 02 London,through 02 priority presale.

All the prices are much more reasonable  than I thought they'd be,mine were the cheapest tier 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

Tickets purchased - £118 each, which isn't as much as I feared. A bit more than the 12/6d we paid in 1968! For those of you too young to remember that is 62p in today's money!!!

Well done, might see you there then.

The outlet shops are now open inside the dome, i got some nice Sketchers and my husband got a pair of Nikes last week.

1 hour ago, Eden said:

Well done, might see you there then.

The outlet shops are now open inside the dome, i got some nice Sketchers and my husband got a pair of Nikes last week.

Our tickets are for Birmingham Arena!

21 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Ticket prices?

Well ... not really ... it was the picture more than anything.  "Jesus Christ on a bike!" ... is that it?

Yeah, I guess Rizla was referring to the prices - I just like the saying :lol:

Can't wait to see what Bruce's prices are ... then I might be laughing hysterically :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm always surprised at ticket prices. I'd never pay anywhere near that to see anybody … but I'd pay more for a jacket that was worn by a soldier in WW2 with the name Harris written/printed inside it. 

'Orses for courses, eh?

• Love Love Love! 1