Greasy Lake Community

14 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Only if you do it whilst naked according to the small print on the tickets. 

I’ll tell you what, me sitting naked in a theater would certainly eliminate anybody’s desire to applaud.

• Haha 3
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One thought.... 1978 seems like a million years ago. Back then, there were no movie premiers, no lush strings/orchestral arrangements, no somber reflections of the meaning of life.........Just pa

Saw it tonight. On the weepometer scale I held it together (albeit with some sniffling during Drive Fast) and then broke at Wild Horses. I briefly regained composure during Sundown then intermittently

Two thoughts are better than one

5 hours ago, berlintramp said:

I started laughing real hard when the sweep got underway, but no one else seemed to get the joke. (reminds me of Mr. B trying to vacuum. Is it genetic, I wonder?)

I just thought what the hell is he doing he was just moving stuff around slowly and not achieving much . It was like he was getting his few minutes of fame or for those old enough to remember a Morecambe and Wise sketch :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Incident on 57th St said:

And it went on for what seemed like an age lol

Now then, let me put my thoughts across about this sweeping thing <_< I've been wondering (and I would really have to see the film again to confirm my wondering!) if the clip of the sweeper and Bruce and Patti at the bar was on a continuous loop? Like it was only two minutes of sweeping/drinking, but was on repeat? Let's see if that pile of dust gets bigger or remains the same :lol:

Can't wait to get the DVD now (and possibly get a life at the same time).

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, PattyC said:

It was endless!

I'd put my glasses in my bag by that time but wondered if we were supposed to know who he was.

Wasn't Tinker, was it? Doing the job that Bruce used to at his place mebbies?

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Now then, let me put my thoughts across about this sweeping thing <_< I've been wondering (and I would really have to see the film again to confirm my wondering!) if the clip of the sweeper and Bruce and Patti at the bar was on a continuous loop? Like it was only two minutes of sweeping/drinking, but was on repeat? Let's see if that pile of dust gets bigger or remains the same :lol:

Can't wait to get the DVD now (and possibly get a life at the same time).

I actually wondered that myself. After a while I thought, didn’t we just see him push that little pile there?  Why isn’t he making progress?  And why did he just stand up the beer bottle instead of walking it to a trash can?  Is he still there...pushing that broom?

1 minute ago, PattyC said:

I actually wondered that myself. After a while I thought, didn’t we just see him push that little pile there?  Why isn’t he making progress?  And why did he just stand up the beer bottle instead of walking it to a trash can?  Is he still there...pushing that broom?

See? Nothing wrong with wondering.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I can't wait to get the DVD either janey, and I have a life.  We can do both at the same time!

My wife would differ with that statement! I won't be getting the DVD, once is enough. Plus the new live album is enough also for me. 

I still have been questioning myself about this turn around about this album. Had I always liked it and just didn't want to admit it? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

She would imply that you don't have a life coz you'd be waiting for the DVD?  

Huh? 

No she believes we are all nuts for coming to this board and listen to his music and talk about him every minute we aren't doing other productive things. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well one person's production and all that.  

I work full time, have a great network of friends, have some fun once a week, have lots of other interests, etc. - in other words I come here often and do other stuff.  Best of both worlds there Jimbo.  

• Like 2

As for waiting for the DVD, I can't wait personally coz I can't really afford to see the move on big screen again for 17 bucks a pop and I always like shit better the second time around or at least pick up stuff I didn't the first time.  

Call it me absorbing stuff slow.    

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

So, it seems, by popular decision, the most memorable parts of the film were two hands belonging to old people, and a man sweeping the floor.

Bruce will be thrilled.

No, the most memorable thing was the concert which allowed listening for the differences to the studio recording and watching Bruce closely while delivering.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Best of both worlds there Jimbo.  

Agreed, plus I don't listen to my wife all the time, just most of the time. She's the one that nuts for not understanding the joy both his music and my friends here bring every day. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

No, the most memorable thing was the concert which allowed listening for the differences to the studio recording and watching Bruce closely while delivering.

My original post was a sarcastic one. I must remember to include some sort of emoji thing in future so that I'm not gravely misunderstood.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Stranger in town said:

The sweep up at the end looked like a set up, everyone with sense knows that the first rule of sweeping is to lift round rolly things (the bottle in this case) first, ruined the film for me.

;)

Bruce is a big film buff so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a knowing nod to something here.  They've popped it in like an Easter egg thing for us to solve.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Bruce is a big film buff so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a knowing nod to something here.  They've popped it in like an Easter egg thing for us to solve.

Maybe the sweeper is sweeping up the remains of the burnt out western stars?

5 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Well, it was a bit of a joke about spontaneous audience interaction and also a subtle reminder that things weren't always rosy just because you could clap when you wanted to. I forget sometimes that humor isn't always your first reaction to things.

You mean it was a humorous post, right?

• Haha 1