Greasy Lake Community

3 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

As for waiting for the DVD, I can't wait personally coz I can't really afford to see the move on big screen again for 17 bucks a pop and I always like shit better the second time around or at least pick up stuff I didn't the first time.  

Call it me absorbing stuff slow.    

I am looking forward to seeing this at my home 'cinema' (120inch screen projection) and experience this again. I was actually not that impressed with the sound in the Cineworld cinema...yes a big sound but felt unbalanced. The music seemed fine but vocals sounded quite separate from the music and raw...like the sound setting might be ok for regular movies but not for a concert...like it needed some tweak..unlike the sound of the audio release which sounds great. May have just been the particular cinema i went to. Anyone else felt sound in cinema hall was not quite top notch?

• Like 1
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One thought.... 1978 seems like a million years ago. Back then, there were no movie premiers, no lush strings/orchestral arrangements, no somber reflections of the meaning of life.........Just pa

Saw it tonight. On the weepometer scale I held it together (albeit with some sniffling during Drive Fast) and then broke at Wild Horses. I briefly regained composure during Sundown then intermittently

Two thoughts are better than one

34 minutes ago, Incident on 57th St said:

I am looking forward to seeing this at my home 'cinema' (120inch screen projection) and experience this again. I was actually not that impressed with the sound in the Cineworld cinema...yes a big sound but felt unbalanced. The music seemed fine but vocals sounded quite separate from the music and raw...like the sound setting might be ok for regular movies but not for a concert...like it needed some tweak..unlike the sound of the audio release which sounds great. May have just been the particular cinema i went to. Anyone else felt sound in cinema hall was not quite top notch?

ill bring the pop corn :lol:

• Haha 1

I live in the ‘burbs and there are two 15+ screen theaters near me and neither of them are showing “Western Stars”.

Why is it not playing at normal movie theaters and why do I have to find some artsy fartsy theater to see it?!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

See? Nothing wrong with wondering.

Okay, so I saw the movie again tonight. ($5 Tuesdays!) The sweeper man fades out a few times and then reappears on the other side of the screen/floor...still sweeping.  And I’m pretty sure that the beer bottle that he stands up disappears after a fade out/in, but I can’t be sure. I’m not going to see the movie a third time to check.   ;)

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, Incident on 57th St said:

And I thought we really stepped up going to a 40-42 inch flat screen!

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Incident on 57th St said:

When can we expect our invites...:unsure:

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...
On 10/29/2019 at 9:56 PM, Incident on 57th St said:

I can confirm this was better experience watching at home than the cinema :D

• Bruuuuce! 1
26 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

I haven't seen this movie so somebody tell me...what's up with the two hand holders and a guy sweeping?

Cowgirl, how nice to see you.  You don't come around here much any more :( The film starts with just Bruce's hand on the steering wheel.  At the end, it's Bruce and Patti's hands.  Nice symbolism.  

As for the guy sweeping ... :lol:

• Haha 1