Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars v Broadway   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have rather had a Western Stars Tour in lieu of Springsteen on Broadway

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"I'm older, but you'll know me.......you'll know me in a glance" That was one of the moments that got me. For me it was more My Father's House. Folks on here who know me in the real world know ho

No. Sorry.   I know I’m looking at this across the river from the Jersey side, but... Much as I LOOOOOOVE WS, to me, Bruce on Broadway was so unbelievably special.   I’ll settle for the

There was nothing about SOB I liked, really. I barely made it through the Netflix special. On the other hand, the idea of getting the WS experience live with special renditions of songs like Gyps

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Pregnant Sally said:

The thirteen songs and old warhorses again? 

Well yes, but the old warhorses won't quite sound the same with the orchestra. 

I think songs like Jungleland, The whole of the Promise album. The whole EP of American Beauty. Secret Garden , Streets of Philly and so on would fit in nicely. 

• Like 2

No. Sorry.  

I know I’m looking at this across the river from the Jersey side, but...

Much as I LOOOOOOVE WS, to me, Bruce on Broadway was so unbelievably special.  

I’ll settle for the WS film, the CD(s), and hope we get a few WS songs upon the next tour... 

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Jimbo, Broadway was completely different, off the cuff and a one-off for Bruce - it was a smash success that other artists are already starting to emulate, or at least try, Morrisey to name one example and I'm sure there will be many, many others.  It was a chance for some of us to see Bruce so vulnerable on stage and tell a story that was different to his in-between banter during songs over the years.  As much as I think Western Stars is a precious thing, Broadway was truly a gift for many of us.  

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

No. Even though in my opinion Western Stars is a masterpiece, I am glad he is not touring this album.

Western Stars was a very special one-off release, and SOB was utterly incredible, but as he says he will now go back to his day job.

• Like 1

this is a hard one because i never got to see SOB - i don't beleave watching netflex on my phone really did him justice and almost everyone who saw SOB absolutely loved it

and i would not deny Bruce SOB for one moment

but it was in an 800 seat theater, tickets were expensive and required alot of stress and efforts to acquire even for people who lived in NYC or NJ 

so selfishly im going with a WS tour which also may have been out of my reach financially but i would have had SLV and nugs to feel part of the excitement 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Well yes, but the old warhorses won't quite sound the same with the orchestra. 

I think songs like Jungleland, The whole of the Promise album. The whole EP of American Beauty. Secret Garden , Streets of Philly and so on would fit in nicely. 

also some from WOAD definatly and GITSC

have you heard this before Jimmy

London symphony orchestra BTR

Kay, this wasn't meant to be a debate, I was just wondering how all felt. After watching the WS film and knowing that Bruce wasn't going to tour. What would you like better. 

I understand how some fell about SOB, and that is great. I understand how some fell about WS Live Album and that is great. 

I have only ever seen Bruce in a stadium or Hyde Park, so to hear play western stars in a small venue would be lovely. I have listened to the CD so much and just love it, touches something deep in my soul.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

This was easy, Western Stars wins a thousand times over. 
SoB did nothing for me except give thanks that I never paid a fortune to go over and see it.

Apologies to all those who, etc etc.

• Like 4

I am not sure it's possible for me to choose. One is totally hypothetical and one happened. I can imagine what a WS tour would be like, but it would have to be in small venues, proper concert halls, not soulless arenas, with a proper orchestra like in the film. If that happened it might surpass a Broadway, but that is a huge if.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

You better be sorry Riz, or else you're a big idjit.  

I'm not apologising for my opinion, only for potentially causing offence with it.  I watched SoB on Netflix and it bored me.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

Broadway was a great thing, and made me cry like five times. But I cry every time I listen to Western Stars so I probably have to go with a hypothetical WS tour.

What is it about Bruce fans and crying?

For cryin' out loud!

• Like 1