MacBruce

Bruce's impending return to E Street

I'm wondering just what Lakers views are on this ? These are just my thoughts at the moment.

Bruce has spent the last 7 or 8 years winding down in my opinion. We get the autobiography and subsequent promotion tour which all took the best part of 4 years, then a year and half on Broadway talking about himself and his life and how things have worked out for him, then the release of an album which had sat in the vaults for 7 years, then a movie of that record with Bruce again looking back on his life and let's face it now looking and sounding his 70 years. I just wonder if he is going to be up for another ESB album and world tour ? He looks and sounds to me like he is at the end of his career and very much slowing down...but apparently he has a whole bunch of new songs ready to go on a new ESB album...followed by another tour. I reckon we will see a solid if unspectacular album, then a tour which will have significantly shorter shows, and concerts which will focus heavily on the new songs mixed in with the old classics which the casual fans will demand are played. Signs and requests will end.  I think it could be a short tour. Less energy, and more focus on the performance of the material. His voice sounds weary now...I just have some reservations about how it will stand up to another big recording session and especially another big rock and roll tour.

Might be getting all concerned about nothing though. Bruce has never let me down.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

concerts which will focus heavily on the new songs

Signs and requests will end. 

Not bad things, these.

• Like 5

i never thought i would say this

but id enjoy a cover or two ....

if they are Glenn Campbell 

• Bruuuuce! 1

7 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i never thought i would say this

but id enjoy a cover or two ....

if they are Glenn Campbell 

And Trapped :D

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1

36 minutes ago, Rizla said:

ok and Trapped :lol:

i do love it on Hyde park 

• Like 1

One of the women at the screening of Western Stars got audibly excited when Bruce said it was, 'time to return to the day job'. It'll be interesting to see what shape it takes. Let's hope it's not Greatest Hits again.

• Like 2

Bruce Inc is really milking this “Western Stars” franchise as much as possible.  And with every day that goes by, the E Street Band ain’t getting any younger.  The whole Tracks 2 box, BITUSA box, and/or new ESB venture is only getting postponed more and more.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, stillilllife said:

What about the impending return of the Sunny Day kids?

That's what you call...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Bruce Inc is really milking this “Western Stars” franchise as much as possible.  And with every day that goes by, the E Street Band ain’t getting any younger.  The whole Tracks 2 box, BITUSA box, and/or new ESB venture is only getting postponed more and more.

My feeling is that they will record the much talked about new ESB album this winter and tour next year....and that really will be the final tour.  Thereafter I think we might get another solo album, but more likely we will get all the boxset, Tracks 2 unreleased stuff and the occasional live solo performance.

• Like 1

I remember the first show I saw on the Reunion tour--I wondered if Bruce would be the same Bruce after GOTJ and kids and . . .

He was.

While I love SOB and Western Stars, I'm ready for a Bruce tour with the band, and I think he is, too. Frankly, High Hopes left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm ready for what I would call a "real" Bruce album. His songs, penned by him, not old folk standards or acoustic ruminations or some jumble of old and new. I want something cohesive and profound that makes me want to dance.

Not much to ask for, right?

I think this album and tour will be all for the better because he was able to do other things of such high quality as SOB and WS. I'm glad that we got to see aged Bruce, but "I'm ready to grow young again." Maybe he is, too.

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1

6 hours ago, MacBruce said:

I think it could be a short tour. Less energy, and more focus on the performance of the material. His voice sounds weary now...I just have some reservations about how it will stand up to another big recording session and especially another big rock and roll tour.

Agreed. What other 70 somethings have toured and put on great shows? I really don't know. It will certainly look different than the 2016-17 River Tour, which was terrific. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Skin2Skin said:

While I love SOB and Western Stars, I'm ready for a Bruce tour with the band

Same!! Yes, I am too hoping for an ESB Tour. We will see soon... 

• Bruuuuce! 1

I believe he gets so much from playing with the band. I expect a good album and then a nice tour.

No end in sight.

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

5 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Why is he 'milking it' as opposed to doing all he can to promote new work? Personally, I am happier to have this album/film and any other 'milking' ahead of Tracks 2 or a BITUSA box set.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fadeaway said:

Agreed. What other 70 somethings have toured and put on great shows? I really don't know. 

Paul McCartney and Leonard Cohen, it seems.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Rizla said:

His best cover, ever, IMHO. When I got this in Cape Town I nearly peed myself.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 2

I doubt the sign requests will disappear and I think it will be a 2 year tour with US and Europe getting shows in both years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

I doubt the sign requests will disappear and I think it will be a 2 year tour with US and Europe getting shows in both years.

Which has just reminded me that I did 11 Wrecking ball shows across 2012 and 2013. Best get saving if you are (hopefully) right! 

2 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Which has just reminded me that I did 11 Wrecking ball shows across 2012 and 2013. Best get saving if you are (hopefully) right! 

I did 9 but I'll have to see what the shows are like next tour. The WB tour was fantastic and I can't see any ESB tour now getting near that.

• Like 1

Why isn't he up to rockin' with the ESB just because he hit 70?

He's fitter than your average 70 year old man. Hell, Steve isn't anywhere near as good shape as Bruce and he certainly let rip with the Disciples this summer. 

I too suspect we might have to wait for the retrospective stuff. Fair enough, we've got the original recordings to listen to. 

I'm looking forward to a new album of ESB material and a tour to follow. If we don't get 4 hours, so what? Bruce himself said he "shoots for 3 hours", that's hardly short changing his audience. 

The OP concluded by saying 'Bruce had never let him down'. He isn't going to start now. 

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

57 minutes ago, Walker in the sun said:

Rolling Stones too.

Southside and the Jukes.

• Like 2

Tom Jones!

• Like 1