Scott Peterson

New Archive: November 24, 1996 Asbury Park

Excellent release, looking forward to listening to it eventually. 

Not seeing Western Stars has really made me realise that it's not the end of the world if I don't see/hear something Springsteen-related immediately.

I mean, I'm fully aware that I've got an Archive Series guide to keep updated, but I'm in no real rush to hear this, to be perfectly honest. 

1 hour ago, Silvia said:

I have been listening mostly to WS and Joad since June, and I'm not getting bored, the two albums really pair well and I think Bruce dropped some of his masks during that tour.

I'm delighted we got another one. I used to say that with a time machine, I'd go to 88, but have since changed my mind. The Joad tour was the reset he needed.

I haven't listened so far, but am so looking forward.

very interesting combo

i don't listen to Joad in the winter because its addictive and i personally find even thought i love it so most the most in excess its not always a positive for mental well-being

but now its almost summer i shell do this combo

thank you Silvia 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ONE LEGGED DOG said:

I love first Friday  of the month

i find that friday drags like you would not beleave because i dont get it till Saturday :lol:

Yesterday seemed to inch along like a snail when every other day flies by too fast 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Inevitably, there's lots of repetition in this Archive series now.  Of course, it throws up the odd curio track or two, but the fans either have those rarities already or they're easily locatable on YT or similar.

Thrilled for those who love it all but maybe it's time to put a bit of a spin on the whole Archive Series format.

not much Rising. Why?

17 minutes ago, slane85 said:

not much Rising. Why?

The source tapes are knackered

Or recorded in the wrong format.

Or they ran out of C90s.

@JEMS will probably know.

• Like 1

Downloading the HD files but in no rush to listen to the show, will do so next week. Am enjoying the live performances of Western Stars too much at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Downloading the HD files but in no rush to listen to the show, will do so next week. Am enjoying the live performances of Western Stars too much at the moment. 

Damn right

48 minutes ago, slane85 said:

not much Rising. Why?

Because it was a rehash of the Reunion tour but with too many new songs cluttering up the setlists B)

• Haha 1

This is a great show. While acoustic solo performances aren't everyone's favorite releases, I appreciate the broad approach to this series. I've been waiting for an archive series release with Shut Out The Light and this one is really great. I'm sure we'll get a U.S.A. tour version sooner or later, but for now I am loving the beauty of this one as well as the many songs that weren't typical to the Joad tour.

This will be my fireside listening tonight, for sure.

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

16 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

This is a great show. While acoustic solo performances aren't everyone's favorite releases, I appreciate the broad approach to this series. I've been waiting for an archive series release with Shut Out The Light and this one is really great. I'm sure we'll get a U.S.A. tour version sooner or later, but for now I am loving the beauty of this one as well as the many songs that weren't typical to the Joad tour.

This will be my fireside listening tonight, for sure.

Why do I get the feeling your (and Buddhabone's) posts are going to make me do a complete 180 on not being in a rush to hear this? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems like a pretty good show, I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't the 3rd night. I think Spirit and Saint from this show are amazing, as is I Don't Wanna Go Home. A more loose and fun show. But, hey...can't really complain, here. I'll be downloading this along with the others I'm missing come Black Friday (if nugs does have a sale, of course). Plus, this most likely means the other shows were recorded, and we'll be getting them around the time they release Wembley 2002.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Why do I get the feeling your (and Buddhabone's) posts are going to make me do a complete 180 on not being in a rush to hear this? :lol:

Don't go blaming us, bub. You're well-known as the master of complete 180s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Shit, I'm officially spoiled. ".<_<

A real Bruce Springsteen fan then.

(Or should that be: 'a real Verified Fan'?)

• Haha 3

Release of the first show instead of the more famous third show is maybe the same pattern as Passaic 2 before Passaic 1 and New Jersey 1984 first night before New Jersey 1984 the last night;; not all famous shows first.

Los Angeles 1985 first night of the stand too.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, unclejosh said:

I have zero interest in any demos or outtakes so please keep that stuff away for the Live Archive Series.  They can put that stuff out separately in box sets where they belong.

Are there no earlier released outtakes that you like?

• Like 1

Already have Belfast night from this amazing tour, so I may just pass on this one despite the great setlist. Joad is one of his masterpiece albums as far as I am concerned. Already have the Asbury Park Night Crystal Cat bootleg.

Any show with Across the Border being played in it will be special. That song is one of his best ever in my opinion.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stillilllife said:

Are there no earlier released outtakes that you like?

Not really.  I am more of a live music fan so if a live performance has an outtake on it I may enjoy it but studio versions just have very little appeal as anything more than a curiousity.  I don't listen to any of them more than once or twice.

That is why this live archive series is my favorite thing Bruce Inc has done.

• Like 1

got it ! 

looking forward to bed time 

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Love Shut out the Light and Rosy on here. 

ive never heard an acoustic Rosie before ...

looking forward to it

For those in the know, is it worth while to own the first night of this stand and the last? Or will I wind up never listening to this show once he releases the last night. I might try to contain myself and a year or so for a next Joad release. Probably a useless exercise that won’t last a day, but I feel like challenging myself.

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

ive never heard an acoustic Rosie before ...

looking forward to it

There was this one (on brucebase) highlight text to read

1974-04-09 - RADIO STATION WBCN-FM, BOSTON, MA

SATIN DOLL / DOES THIS BUS STOP AT 82ND STREET? / I FOUGHT THE LAW - GROWIN' UP / WILD BILLY'S CIRCUS STORY / 4TH OF JULY, ASBURY PARK (SANDY) / ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT)

Yet another radio broadcast acoustic show by Bruce and the band (minus 'Boom' Carter). Unquestionably the highlight of this show is the unique acoustic performance of "Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)", a genuine 'must have' track that you can hear by clicking the link above.

00Audio-32.png00Bootleg-32.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1