Scott Peterson

New Archive: November 24, 1996 Asbury Park

Finished this show during this morning's commute... Superb stuff overall. First 2 songs are a little rough and a couple of songs I could have done without... but there's some stunning performances on this one. 

• Like 1

I make it 46 releases two were two shows no nukes and Christic ... 48 I can’t see one missing in my folder ? 

11 minutes ago, davemunday said:

I make it 46 releases two were two shows no nukes and Christic ... 48 I can’t see one missing in my folder ? 

Yeah, I intended to 'correct' the Archive guides today, but after doing a count through of the shows listed I've still got it totalling at 48. 

46 individual releases (not counting the two remastered re-releases) with two of those individual releases featuring two shows, so Paolo is correct that it's 48 shows in 46 releases. The 77 shows were two releases so it adds one to the total show count, but not to the total release count. That's the mistake I made when I said 49 shows.

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Yeah, I intended to 'correct' the Archive guides today, but after doing a count through of the shows listed I've still got it totalling at 48. 

It ‘could’ be 46 releases 47 1/3 shows depending on your view on the Tempe partial release  ;) 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, davemunday said:

It ‘could’ be 46 releases 47 1/3 shows depending on your view on the Tempe partial release  ;) 

So if only 1/3 of Wembley 2002 is restored and the other 2/3 is 'lost' in the then-used technology it is 47 2/3 shows?

3 minutes ago, Lampi said:

So if only 1/3 of Wembley 2002 is restored and the other 2/3 is 'lost' in the then-used technology it is 47 2/3 shows?

For sure 

But it is all very easy Daisey. Wembley 2+0+0+2 = not Wembley 4 but Wembley 2002.

• Haha 3

What a fine release! I really love the Shut out the lights and Born in the USA sequence followed by Tom Joad that is really brilliant! Also the versions of Racing, Rosalita, 4th July, This Hard land and Promised land are stunning. I think if hè had done an mtv unplugged like this it was a legendary one. I really love to see a kind of show like this again one day. And yes I am dreaming out loud now ;-) 

this release and also his other solo accoustic shows are really fine for the Upcoming dark Winter nights!

• Like 4

On 11/6/2019 at 5:22 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

Would be great to hear an update on the technical issues with retrieving Rising tour shows. 

I'm taking the complete absence of any further Rising show releases so far as all the update we (unfortunately) need

At halfway through the Archive month, I broke down and bought this one.  Listening and I just made it to "Red Headed Woman".  My sense of humor is as dirty as the next guy's, but I must say that the cunnilingus speech just went on way too long, from the standpoint of awkwardness as well as general pacing.  And then the weird cascade of giggling after the song.  I don't know but I don't think this stretch of the show will improve with repeated listens for me.

Guess I had to be there to appreciate the true genius of this one.

• Like 3

It's very awkward.

That schtick during the Joad tour would have been funny if he'd just left it at "Cunnilingus; if you can pronounce it, you can do it." The extended speech about it just seems weird.

• Like 3

All that talk also takes the fun right out of the innuendos in the song.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerseyfornia said:

So true. Let the song speak for itself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

...and this from the same guy who talked before The River and War 11 years earlier. I wouldn't go as far as call it "evolution of story-telling".

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dr. Zoom said:

...and this from the same guy who talked before The River and War 11 years earlier.

...and the stories before I.Day in 1980-1981 too. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lampi said:

...and the stories before I.Day in 1980-1981 too. 

Yes. Let's just say any story before 1996 :P 

Looking back, this "story", or rather monologue, jars with the other stories on that tour.