Sign in to follow this  
JimCT

11/4/76 Palladium

Having this show from a Pre FM soundboard would be great.

Thanks for reminding me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

Having this show from a Pre FM soundboard would be great.

Thanks for reminding me.

An official release would be wonderful. I'm sure if the recordings exist at all they are soundboard cassettes, I doubt multi-track masters were the norm then. But, as it is said, "2 tracks is better than none".

• Like 3

According to brucebase a full soundboard exists, so there could be a potential release here B)

• Like 1

Outstanding version of Growin' Up and the encores are Brilliant. We Gotta Get Outta this Place is a truly monster cover and it is surprising to me it didn't show up again in the setlist for so very very long. 

There are other shows from the late '76 era that are equally worthy of attention, but this is a show every fan should have in their collection, and it would be entirely appropriate for Nugs to pick this as an official release. 

• Like 4

Unfortunately the boot "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place"  utilizes another show to complete 'Rosalita' and 'Sandy', possibly the eternally mis dated ''Streets of Life'' boot. I used to have a so-so tape of the Palladium show which had a cut in Sandy and a bad tape warp in the middle of Rosalita, but it was all the correct show. Hopefully they have a good condition recording to release.

2 minutes ago, Spanish Juannie said:

Unfortunately the boot "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place"  utilizes another show to complete 'Rosalita' and 'Sandy', possibly the eternally mis dated ''Streets of Life'' boot. I used to have a so-so tape of the Palladium show which had a cut in Sandy and a bad tape warp in the middle of Rosalita, but it was all the correct show. Hopefully they have a good condition recording to release.

Is Streak of Light Through The Tunnel better? Says "remaster from 3 sources"

11 hours ago, JimCT said:

Is Streak of Light Through The Tunnel better? Says "remaster from 3 sources"

I would say yes.  Not a lot in it though.

What a treat it would be if Nugs pulled this show out of the hat.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 3:45 PM, Spanish Juannie said:

Really? I had no idea.

The "Streets of Life" show is available complete and is an underrated show IMO. That spoken intro to She's the One...

• Like 2

On 11/6/2019 at 5:23 PM, Magnus said:

Really? I had no idea.

The "Streets of Life" show is available complete and is an underrated show IMO. That spoken intro to She's the One...

The 'Streak of light thru the tunnel' title seems to be all the proper 4 Nov 1976 show including the cut at 4:15 in 'Sandy'. On the ''We gotta get out of this place' title, 'Sandy' is suspiciously uncut and the middle of 'Rosie' includes Bruce exclaiming 'how did you guys get into my room' which I remember being on the 'Streets of Life' recording, is that correct? Also the bomb search is omitted from the latter title. If you could upload 'Streets of Life' to the Bootleg collectors corner that would be great.

On 11/7/2019 at 1:44 PM, Spanish Juannie said:

The 'Streak of light thru the tunnel' title seems to be all the proper 4 Nov 1976 show including the cut at 4:15 in 'Sandy'. On the ''We gotta get out of this place' title, 'Sandy' is suspiciously uncut and the middle of 'Rosie' includes Bruce exclaiming 'how did you guys get into my room' which I remember being on the 'Streets of Life' recording, is that correct? Also the bomb search is omitted from the latter title. If you could upload 'Streets of Life' to the Bootleg collectors corner that would be great.

I don't download or upload things, I have all my music on CDs.

"How did you guys get into my room" I remember that line but I didn't realize it was on both Streets of Life and We Gotta Get Outta This Place.

The Streets of Life bootleg is incomplete but has been booted in a complete form under the title of "Palace Theater".  That's the version I'd recommend checking out (unless there's been a sound upgrade since then).

12 hours ago, Magnus said:

I don't download or upload things, I have all my music on CDs.

"How did you guys get into my room" I remember that line but I didn't realize it was on both Streets of Life and We Gotta Get Outta This Place.

The Streets of Life bootleg is incomplete but has been booted in a complete form under the title of "Palace Theater".  That's the version I'd recommend checking out (unless there's been a sound upgrade since then).

I have the Streets of Life download now thanks. Does the Palace Theater cd have all the songs from sbd or just Night through to Rosalita? if the encores have been added from the Waterbury audience tape, then it may two different shows, as the 12 song sbd is generally considered to be from Civic Center, Springfield MA 22 Aug 1976.According to Brucebase, Born to run wasn't moved to the end of the set until Santa Monica 29 Sept 1976 so it is possibly missing from the board sequence.It's a puzzle, but the sublime version of 'Something in the night' definitely makes it worthwhile ! Cheers.

"I'm supposed to be the boss, and I carry the amps !!!"

The line is from that show, am I right ? I haven't listened to it in a looooooooong time.

Great show, and a natural for the Archive Series. 

I love the Murray The K intro.  But is it known who is introduces Murray ("We got a super show, we have a special guest host tonight...")?  A local NY deejay?  We know Murray was the so-called "5th Beatle", but this guy also calls him the "12th E Streeter"!

7 hours ago, ludomichel said:

"I'm supposed to be the boss, and I carry the amps !!!"

The line is from that show, am I right ? I haven't listened to it in a looooooooong time.

That line is from the intro to 'Santa Claus is Comin' to Town' at Winterland 1978. Notable quotes from The Palladium 1976 are Miami Steve (I think) during the bomb search ''Safer in here with a bomb than outside anyway''.After ''Tenth Avenue'' Bruce exclaims ''I seen Joe Tex do that a thousand ******* times'' and then finishes up humming part  of a Joe Tex song.Classic show.

On 11/9/2019 at 5:37 AM, Spanish Juannie said:

I have the Streets of Life download now thanks. Does the Palace Theater cd have all the songs from sbd or just Night through to Rosalita? if the encores have been added from the Waterbury audience tape, then it may two different shows, as the 12 song sbd is generally considered to be from Civic Center, Springfield MA 22 Aug 1976.According to Brucebase, Born to run wasn't moved to the end of the set until Santa Monica 29 Sept 1976 so it is possibly missing from the board sequence.It's a puzzle, but the sublime version of 'Something in the night' definitely makes it worthwhile ! Cheers.

It's been a while since I listened to this show. I'm not enough of an audiophile to be sure, but I believe my impression was that Palace Theatre is a near complete show, sourced from a single show. Here are some edited notes I wrote for myself many years ago after I had done some lightweight research into this show: 

"21/8/76? 2 CD sourced from "Palace Theatre"

Sound quality 4  out of 5

Terrific show, and one of my favourites from the 76 tour! This show has falsely believed by many to be from 25/10/76 in Philly, but is in fact not. This show is definitely from the second tour of '76, as it includes the Miami Horns. The exact date cannot be confirmed, but 21/8/76 is as probable as any other of the dates suggested (another possible date is 22/8/76).  There is apparently an audience recording of a show also dated at 21/8/76, with the same songs as this one, but in a slightly different sequence. I don’t know if these are two different shows, or if they are the same one, one of which the songs have been “cut and pasted”.

This show has been booted before under titles like "Streets of Life" and "Down in Jungleland", but never complete.  Three of the songs from the encores are included on the "Deep Down in the Vaults" compilation. A part of this recording was duplicated on the bootleg "Arena Rock" and mixed with parts of the true 25/10/76 show to simulate a complete show. "Palace Theatre" makes all previous releases of the show pretty much obsolete. It is nearly complete, BTR being halfway through.

Highlights include a great Rendezvous, a rare spoken intro rap before She’s the One and an alternate version of Something in the Night (a bit different from the one on the Palladium '76 shows).   Top notch performances on Spirit, Sandy, Rosalita and You Can’t Sit Down. Very good sound, probably a soundboard.  All in all, a very recommended bootleg. "

Meanwhile, this source seems to suggest that "Palace Theatre" may possibly be partly taken from the 21st and partly from the 22nd.

http://www.brucespringsteen.it/DB/detrec.aspx?code=CDPT1

• Like 1