Greasy Lake Community

seen elvis in ryman theatre in nashville, thater looks nice but seating very uncomfortable also sound pretty horrible, concert itself pretty disappointing  seems to have gone a bit r&b had his two backing singers upfront with him for half of the show, the die hards at the front seemed to love it , maybe sound was better there i dont know, but a lot of people walked out from very early on. was some highlights played for 2 hrs which with those seats was enough

13 hours ago, JimCT said:

Old friend is going tonight here in Florida, with Blondie :) 

in ‘86 he did 5 nights on Broadway, some of the best shows ever, including the first spinning songbook :) 

I think Blondie dropped off the tour this summer.  I hope he didn't have his heart set on seeing her.  :huh:

18 hours ago, JimCT said:

in ‘86 he did 5 nights on Broadway, some of the best shows ever, including the first spinning songbook :) 

first night in '86, with the Attractions - nonstop rock 'n roll

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elvis-costello-and-the-attractions/1986/broadway-theatre-new-york-ny-33f5e021.html

18 hours ago, JimCT said:

5th night, also with The Attractions, Spinning Songbook

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elvis-costello-and-the-attractions/1986/broadway-theatre-new-york-ny-73f51a91.html

On 11/7/2019 at 11:49 PM, sonicramone said:

Uh-oh.  I"m going to see him in a couple of weeks here in Cincy.  Very excited about it.

I saw him several years ago, and I loved it.  Looking forward regardless of any issues at the Ryman.

i dont think the ryman is a good place for a concert unless you are in front, sure you will enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Elvis was in the building last night in Cincinnati.  Terrific show and setlist enjoyed by me and Mrs. Sonic.

I personally thought his voice was a little weak and he had trouble keeping up with the music early on.  However, he got better as the evening went on.  He played a good 2 hours 10min, and the setlist was fantastic....from many stages of his career.

Also, I commented to my wife how he reminds me of Bruce in a way.  He relates great stories, connects really well with the crowd, and doesn't mind jumping from guitar to piano back to guitar...with a road worn voice through the entire show.

Highlight for me was his awesome rendition of "Uncomplicated".  One of my favorites from him, and it did not disappoint.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, sonicramone said:

Elvis was in the building last night in Cincinnati.  Terrific show and setlist enjoyed by me and Mrs. Sonic.

I personally thought his voice was a little weak and he had trouble keeping up with the music early on.  However, he got better as the evening went on.  He played a good 2 hours 10min, and the setlist was fantastic....from many stages of his career.

Also, I commented to my wife how he reminds me of Bruce in a way.  He relates great stories, connects really well with the crowd, and doesn't mind jumping from guitar to piano back to guitar...with a road worn voice through the entire show.

Highlight for me was his awesome rendition of "Uncomplicated".  One of my favorites from him, and it did not disappoint.

glad you enjoyed, think i maybe was unlucky but the ryman is a shitty venue

Just now, stevie54uk said:

really!!! have you tried to sit on them seats for a couple of hours????? painful 

I agree the seats are uncomfortable.  Church pews basically. Surprised the sound quality was bad, but perhaps that was more to do with the engineering than the venue.  Love Elvis, but did not see him on this tour.  

1 minute ago, Wasted in the heat said:

. Surprised the sound quality was bad

it appeared from what people i spoke to said the sound was fine in the center but once you went off to the sides it was very poor. still enjoyed it but not as much as i had hoped but great theater shame about the seats these country fans must have tough bums

• Haha 1

Lost interest in this guy probably around 1990. I doubt I ever really genuinely liked his stuff but rather went along with the hype that he was a great songwriter. Horrible voice singing those awfully smug, cynical and condescending lyrics where he always comes across like he's the cleverest and smartest guy in the room. Yuk!