Greasy Lake Community

The Official MLB 2020 thread

The Tigers got shut out by the Brewers 19-0 but at least they came closer to winning than the Marlins did as they lost to the Braves 29-9.

Of the 29 runs 2 were unearned so only 27 runs to count against the team ERA for the year, but with a 60 game season that is close to a half run a game.  With Miami having not played several games due to a virus outbreak on the team it may be more than a half run.

The 1st 3 pitchers for the Marlins all game up more runs than hits due to giving up a few walks each.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I so wish he had only played baseball, and for a long time. Tremendous athlete.   

"Houston Asterisks".

Posted Images

I was just checking the Pirates team stats on ESPN.

No batter has a positive WAR.

No starter has more than 1 win, no pitcher has more than 2.

The starters have 2 quality starts in 48 games.

In the glass is half full department they have a rookie manager, even with how bad they are he will hold the record for fewest losses in his 1st year as manager.

Looks like the Pittsburgh Pirates have some bragging rights in the NL Central.  They are the only team in the division that didn't get beat in the Wild Card round.

The Cardinals lost in 3 games while the Brewers, Cubs and Reds got swept in 2 games.  I'm not even sure if the bats for the Reds will get a participation trophy since they got shut out in both games.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 2:18 PM, Jimmy James said:

Hey @JudgeBrown, was this beautiful or what? On this day in 1985. 

I clearly remember saying "why would you pitch to Clark here" while watching that game.  To this day I have no answer but I am glad they did.

1 minute ago, JudgeBrown said:

I clearly remember saying "why would you pitch to Clark here" while watching that game.  To this day I have no answer but I am glad they did.

One of the funniest things I ever heard was an interview with Lasorda had here. Reporter asked that question. His answer was do you know who was on deck? Reporter said not really. Tom said Andy Van Slyke. The reporter said well back then AVS wasn't the player he is today. Tommy went ballistic  

As much as I dislike the Rays, as divisional rivals who the Yankees seem to have problems beating of late, I hate the Astro’s even more. 

I would love to see the Astros win, after all they been though this year. 

Been pretty professional about the beaning over and over, from teams who weren't even apart of the playoffs in question. 

Just saw that on this date in 1977 Mr October Reggie Jackson hit 3 HRs in game 6 of the World Series to win it for the Yankees.  Something that I think @JimCT will like because of the Yankees win, and @JudgeBrown will like because the stinkin Dodgers lost.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, burghfan said:

Just saw that on this date in 1977 Mr October Reggie Jackson hit 3 HRs in game 6 of the World Series to win it for the Yankees.  Something that I think @JimCT will like because of the Yankees win, and @JudgeBrown will like because the stinkin Dodgers lost.

I vividly remember that game. I struggle so hard with a Yankees and Dodgers World Series. My general rule is root for the Giants first, the national league second, the American League if the Dodgers are the National League team, and blimp accidents that obliterate the entire Stadium if the Yankees and Dodgers are playing each other.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, JudgeBrown said:

Ian Anderson pitching for Atl? Hope this doesn't turn into a Bungle in the Jungle.

Him and his team are Skating away on the Thin Ice of a new Day

8 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

I vividly remember that game. I struggle so hard with a Yankees and Dodgers World Series. My general rule is root for the Giants first, the national league second, the American League if the Dodgers are the National League team, and blimp accidents that obliterate the entire Stadium if the Yankees and Dodgers are playing each other.

So when the Yankees and Dodgers face each other you're hoping for a Black Sunday movie type of ending.

MV5BMDIzMWNlMDEtNDllYi00YmZlLWE2ZGQtMTJl

6 hours ago, burghfan said:

3 straight pitches, too. Watch the first, a huge no-doubt-about-it shot. The 2d was a laser beam. The third is the one that sticks in the mind - center field in Yankee stadium is so legendary, and the video of the ball landing in the "black" and the fans chasing it down is so memorable. Remember, it was only ~18 months before that the stadium had reopened after the major renovations that included taking the center field monuments out of play and adding the black "batter's eye" - do you remember when fans used to sit in deep center field everywhere?

• Like 2
7 hours ago, burghfan said:

I didn't see it live but saw a replay of the end of game 4.  I am pretty sure that @JudgeBrown had a smile on his face after seeing it.

Just woke up and seeing it.  Who needs coffee after that?  I have a smile on my face a mile wide.

• Like 1