SoulBoogieAlex

The Irishman - Spoiler Alert - Don't Read If You Want to Be Surprised

I think I would've liked to avoid this spoiler and be pleasantly surprised when I watch on Netflix later on in the month. 

Turns out not even Greasy Lake is a safe space from the dreaded film/tv spoilys. :/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

not being a great follower of the rest of the ntertainments industry this is sometimes the only way i found out about lots of things

What is done is done though so I'll ask the question that is likely on everyone's mind. 

*Please answer in a spoiler tag though*

Does Stevie's character go on a rant telling Britain how they should handle Brexit despite his own country being fucking backwards politically at the minute? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Does Stevie's character go on a rant telling Britain how they should handle Brexit despite his own country being fucking backwards politically at the minute? 

Please do not go there.  Fanks!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

What is done is done though so I'll ask the question that is likely on everyone's mind. 

*Please answer in a spoiler tag though*

ive never known how to do a spoiler tag thingy 

do you have instructions for dummies ?

32 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:
  Hide contents

No

that's it !!

how do you do that ?

25 minutes ago, JoanFontaine said:

I added a low-tech warning. 

what about us no-tech peeps :lol:

if it wasn't for Bruce Springsteen  i wouldn't even know how to get on the internet :lol:

that's not actually a joke either ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Nice for some. 

Sometimes I think I'm one of the very, very few on the planet who doesn't mind spoilers.  They seriously don't bother me at all, they're not really spoilers insofar as they never ruin a show or make me not want to watch one coz I might know something I shouldn't before viewing.

Over on the movie forum when the Breaking Bad movie was coming out, I or someone said something about the final season and we gotta "please no spoilers" warning from a poster- here I was thinking that six years after the series had come out it was OK to talk about it at length pre-movie.  

Sorry, I didn't think cast would be considered a spoiler :unsure: 

It is a blink and miss it situation, so consider it an incentive to be extra alert ;)

• Like 1

I saw this film yesterday and it is brilliant, so pleased to have seen it in a cinema.  Sorry to say, I didn't notice Stevie!! Casual fan...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, whispered secret said:

I saw this film yesterday and it is brilliant, so pleased to have seen it in a cinema.  Sorry to say, I didn't notice Stevie!! Casual fan...

:D Maybe we can make it into a competition, the Laker first to spot Steve earns a honorable no-prize!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

:D Maybe we can make it into a competition, the Laker first to spot Steve earns a honorable no-prize!

Mr J spotted him. I momentarily thought he looks a bit like Steve, but then the voice didn't sound right. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whispered secret said:

He'd be the prick with the bandana on

21 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Mr J spotted him. I momentarily thought he looks a bit like Steve, but then the voice didn't sound right. 

If looks can be digitally enhanced, so can a voice! Must have been a bit more of a challenge though :huh:

22 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

that's it !!

how do you do that ?

When you go to respond, there's an eye next to the smiley face for emojis. Click that then write what you want to be hidden. 

7 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

When you go to respond, there's an eye next to the smiley face for emojis. Click that then write what you want to be hidden. 

hmmm i don't think it works on samsung galaxy :(

must need greasylake for desk top

but thank you 

when next i drag out my laptop ill check it out 

21 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Sometimes I think I'm one of the very, very few on the planet who doesn't mind spoilers.  They seriously don't bother me at all, they're not really spoilers insofar as they never ruin a show or make me not want to watch one coz I might know something I shouldn't before viewing.

Over on the movie forum when the Breaking Bad movie was coming out, I or someone said something about the final season and we gotta "please no spoilers" warning from a poster- here I was thinking that six years after the series had come out it was OK to talk about it at length pre-movie.  

Right, so I'm probably going to come across as a massive hypocrite given how I clicked on this thread in the first place, but anyway...

Spoilers are an interesting one. If it's something I'm massively invested in I'll take precautions to avoid everything from fan reactions/HYPE spoilers (I don't want to go into watching with my socks already knocked off) to simply finding out what happens in whatever I'm watching - I like to be surprised, I like not knowing what happens when and unpredictability. If I find out something prior that's a surprise, I'm gonna be a bit gutted.

You mention the Breaking Bad film. My mentality in regards to that, and any other film/tv show is usually to not click on a thread about it before I see it (this is where I become a hypocrite), however as far as spoilers about season 5 go, they are most certainly allowed in 2019. Spoilers really should be allowed in the public domain after a week.

If you're watching tv shows like Breaking Bad or The Sopranos in 2019 for the first time and don't want to know what happens in their final seasons - if by chance you've somehow avoided spoilers over the last decade and a bit - don't click on them. If you do and get spoiled (Again I'm gonna be a hypocrite) don't whinge because you've ruined it for yourself courtesy your own daftness. 

Now if you've read all of that, you're probably thinking, "Paolo you've said all that but you've complained a couple of times in this thread. Warra hypocrite and warra berk." Aye. 
I admit that I shouldn't have clicked on this thread having not seen the film yet (it's not even available to watch here in the North East of England yet) - truth be told I did so because I couldn't have imagined there being anything E Street related in the film and there was a curiosity factor - but I guess everything could've been avoided with a spoiler tag in the OP. No vague comments, no outright spoiling post, just a spoiler tag that some can click on and some can not. 

Now the dust is settled I'm not that fussed about finding out :lol::lol: 

14 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Spoilers really should be allowed in the public domain after a week.

14 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I admit that I shouldn't have clicked on this thread having not seen the film yet (it's not even available to watch here in the North East of England yet

Its been out on Netflix and showing in cinemas in Newcastle for a couple of weeks nearly - check it out! (I could not write this in a way that did not sound arsey or sarcastic, genuinely trying to give you information and be helpful!)

EDIT - I am wrong about Netflix, starts Wednesday (my apologies) - I remember seeing the icon for it last week but just clicked it now and saw it was a preview

• Like 1