Sign in to follow this  
CosmicKid

Greasy Lake needs YOU

Hello all!
Another year is coming to an end. That means we have a bill to pay. Nothing in this world is free, and I'm afraid the hodgepodge of fun, knowledge, friendship, kindness, understanding, escapism, community, dog pictures, and warm fuzzy fan feeling we get here is no exception.

>>> Skip my speech and go straight to donation page <<<

Unlike any other social media you frequent, no one here is trying to sell you anything, or make money on the data you generate. Greasy Lake is a leftover from when the internet was only about connecting with the world, sharing knowledge and passions, and finding like-minded people. That's how we would like to remain. Nothing would be easier than putting ads all over the place and post sponsored articles. I receive offers almost every day for that kind of thing. But I never respond, because I know it's not necessary and that I'd sooner shut the place down than sell out.

As usual, I wish I could just pay for it all myself and let you all frolic in the Lake and not worry about anything, but I still haven't won the lottery, so I do need your help.

The good news is that if all the members who logged in so far this week made a donation, $3 would be all we needed from each of you. But since that's probably not realistic, some of us will have to pay a little more. In the past, we have received donations of anything from $5 to several hundred Dollars. Whatever you can spare is hugely appreciated. Especially this time of year when most people have lots of other expenses.

So, please consider making a donation so that we can ensure our existence for another year. Surely, you will want this place to share your feelings about the new E Street Band album and tour that, hopefully, 2020 has in store for us.

All the information you need for donating can be found on our donation page. Still, if you have any questions, feel free to post here or send me a PM and I will do my best to answer you.

Thank you for being such an awesome community!

DONATE

• Like 3

Thanks Karstan. You and your family have a Merry Christmas, matter as fact all Greasy Lake have happy holidays. 

14 minutes ago, CosmicKid said:

hodgepodge of fun, knowledge, friendship, kindness, understanding, escapism, community, dog pictures, and warm fuzzy fan feeling we get here

and this line says it all. And that is why I'm in. 

Now I have one little request....................:P

2 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

Hello all!
Another year is coming to an end. That means we have a bill to pay. Nothing in this world is free, and I'm afraid the hodgepodge of fun, knowledge, friendship, kindness, understanding, escapism, community, dog pictures, and warm fuzzy fan feeling we get here is no exception.

>>> Skip my speech and go straight to donation page <<<

Unlike any other social media you frequent, no one here is trying to sell you anything, or make money on the data you generate. Greasy Lake is a leftover from when the internet was only about connecting with the world, sharing knowledge and passions, and finding like-minded people. That's how we would like to remain. Nothing would be easier than putting ads all over the place and post sponsored articles. I receive offers almost every day for that kind of thing. But I never respond, because I know it's not necessary and that I'd sooner shut the place down than sell out.

As usual, I wish I could just pay for it all myself and let you all frolic in the Lake and not worry about anything, but I still haven't won the lottery, so I do need your help.

The good news is that if all the members who logged in so far this week made a donation, $3 would be all we needed from each of you. But since that's probably not realistic, some of us will have to pay a little more. In the past, we have received donations of anything from $5 to several hundred Dollars. Whatever you can spare is hugely appreciated. Especially this time of year when most people have lots of other expenses.

So, please consider making a donation so that we can ensure our existence for another year. Surely, you will want this place to share your feelings about the new E Street Band album and tour that, hopefully, 2020 has in store for us.

All the information you need for donating can be found on our donation page. Still, if you have any questions, feel free to post here or send me a PM and I will do my best to answer you.

Thank you for being such an awesome community!

DONATE

I donated. Thanks for the forum! And don't forget this is also the place to find that bootleg concert you've always wanted. Just come to the Bootleg thread and ask us. We're happy to share.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1

something is ultra sluggish

im taking for ever to get to the donation page

its just black ...

40 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

its just black ...

Almost certainly another thing Mikey broke...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

its just black ...

Same here.  Darkness on the (edge of the) donation page!!

I’ll try again in the morning... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Same here.  Darkness on the (edge of the) donation page!!

I’ll try again in the morning... 

well it's happening in the great stars of New Jersey i dpnt feel quite so bad:)

How long will this be open for? Of course I’m going to donate but I get paid a little bit later this Christmas - not until December 23rd! So will I still be able to send it then?

3 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

How long will this be open for? Of course I’m going to donate but I get paid a little bit later this Christmas - not until December 23rd! So will I still be able to send it then?

im pretty sure you can donate any time Rachel :)

nice to see you btw:)

8 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

im pretty sure you can donate any time Rachel :)

nice to see you btw:)

Oh that’s good!! It’s nice to see you too! I’ve been trying to get on here for a few days with no luck :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rachelharms said:

Oh that’s good!! It’s nice to see you too! I’ve been trying to get on here for a few days with no luck :lol:

i almost got desperate enough for company i really need a job :lol:

i remenber this happening a few years back too, it was bad then too but i didn't have all day to think about it then

but i was very releaved this morning to see it starting to come back to life again

i know my donation was small and miserable but .... :lol:

6 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i almost got desperate enough for company i really need a job :lol:

i remenber this happening a few years back too, it was bad then too but i didn't have all day to think about it then

but i was very releaved this morning to see it starting to come back to life again

i know my donation was small and miserable but .... :lol:

I remember it happening a couple of years ago too and I was at work and I kept sneaking upstairs to check my phone to see if it was back yet :lol:  hopefully it stays alive!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

I remember it happening a couple of years ago too and I was at work and I kept sneaking upstairs to check my phone to see if it was back yet :lol:  hopefully it stays alive!!

especially for the holidays 

i was going to show you want ive been doing with no GL - hanging my xmas lights- but the pic of the front door are too big bugga it

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

ii know my donation was small and miserable but .... :lol:

Size isn’t important .......... 

Well that’s what I say anyway 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, berlintramp said:

I see my message was lost - I hope my contribution wasn't as well?

Oh dear.  Mine (the one stating success in donating!) is gone as well.  But I assume the contribution is ok as it hit the card.  

Can you confirm @CosmicKid?! 

All contributions are fine! Don't worry. And we did meet the target, but more donations are welcome. The more money we can collect now, the less we need to collect in a year. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Done, CK. Thanks again and always. I haven't been here as often in recent years, but I have a lot of history here and I always feel welcome back.

I discovered this place around the time that Tracks was coming out - so Greasy Lake has been a place I call home for over twenty years now.
Where did all that time go? 

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1

So it is written, so it is done

Thank you/

hay Far has changed his avitar the handsome devil ! 

karsten-by-the-sea.thumb.jpg.19cc5b3d47b8c95a0092a32b3a44deb4.jpg