Sign in to follow this  
Frank

Roxette's Marie Fredriksson

Rest in peace beautiful angel.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Sad 3

I was so sad when I found out. I knew she was fighting cancer for a long time, but I was still sort of shocked.

A great voice and talent. RIP,  Marie!

Yes, very sad when I heard this news. I only got to see Roxette once (in 2012) but what a great fun show it was, happy memories and the music lives on. R.I.P. Marie.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

Best Power Ballad ever ?

The lake went down at a bad time for me. I needed my european musical companions. Didn't even make my local paper here.

Sick since 2002. what a brave fight. As you know RD i also saw them in 2012. A Great great show .... I would have seen them again in a heartbeat.

RIP Marie.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

It should be mentioned that she actually was declared cured in 2005 (three years after she got cancer) and toured with Roxette from 2009 - 2016. Apparently it was after her third operation in August of 2003 that she got the injuries that would affect her for the rest of her life. She was cancer-free in 2016 when she stopped touring, but the injuries caused by all the radiation treatment had gotten the best of her.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, stillilllife said:

It should be mentioned that she actually was declared cured in 2005 (three years after she got cancer) and toured with Roxette from 2009 - 2016. Apparently it was after her third operation in August of 2003 that she got the injuries that would affect her for the rest of her life. She was cancer-free in 2016 when she stopped touring, but the injuries caused by all the radiation treatment had gotten the best of her.

Didn't realize that at all. My god a lot of times the treatment is as bad as the disease it seems.