Greasy Lake Community

Bruce and Sting

On 12/18/2019 at 8:23 PM, Jimmy James said:

So let's ask ourselves, is Human Touch and Lucky Town (especially the tour that happened afterward) better with or without the ESB? 

That's what we are talking about right?

No. What we are talking about is this: Without 'separation' (or 'firing the band'-which was indeed too harsh, Bruce better could have said he would work without the band for an unknown time, so let the door more open for the future), there is a chance the last Bruce Springsteen & The ESB Tour would have been in the 90s.

No Reunion Era. No Reunion Tour. No Rising, no Magic, no Wrecking Ball albums and tours, at least with the ESB.

Maybe/probably more solo tours instead (if this is an advantage or disadvantage is your own preference).

Maybe/probably more adventurous, a-typical Bruce Springsteen albums. Tours with bands/other musicians but not with the ESB (anymore) in the new century.

But also: no Sunny Day kids, no sign requests and no full albums shows (but then, maybe instead full album shows of Nebraska, Joad, Devils & Dust or Tunnel, or other solo albums in this parallel universe).

Maybe no Tom Morello.... or maybe they would have recorded a whole album together; new electric versions by Bruce Springsteen & Tom Morello of acoustic Bruce Springsteen classics; again, your own preference if this is Heaven or Hell on Earth.

Maybe Bruce would have stayed more at home to take care for the children [when they were children] instead of touring the world with the ESB so Patti could have released more albums.

Just now, Lampi said:

No. What we are talking about is this: Without 'separation' (or 'firing the band'-which was indeed too harsh, Bruce better could have said he would work without the band for an unknown time, so let the door more open for the future), there is a chance the last Bruce Springsteen & The ESB Tour would have been in the 90s.

No Reunion Era. No Reunion Tour. No Rising, no Magic, no Wrecking Ball albums and tours, at least with the ESB.

Maybe/probably more solo tours instead (if this is an advantage or disadvantage is your own preference).

Maybe/probably more adventurous, a-typical Bruce Springsteen albums. Tours with bands/other musicians but not with the ESB (anymore) in the new century.

But also: no Sunny Day kids, no sign requests and no full albums shows (but then, maybe instead full album shows of Nebraska, Joad, Devils & Dust or Tunnel, or other solo albums in this parallel universe).

Maybe no Tom Morello.... or maybe they would have recorded a whole album together; new electric versions by Bruce Springsteen & Tom Morello of acoustic Bruce Springsteen classics; again, your own preference if this is Heaven or Hell on Earth.

Maybe Bruce would have stayed more at home to take care for the children [when they were children] instead of touring the world with the ESB so Patti could have released more albums.

That last paragraph is my idea of hell.

Thank God, I've only seen Bruce live with the ESB. I believe I haven't lost out on anything not seeing "the Other Band", Seeger and or solo. 

14 hours ago, Lampi said:

No reunion tour for sure as they shouldn't ever had to reunite! But why won't you think there wouldn't be The Rising, Magic and or Wrecking Ball? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Thank God, I've only seen Bruce live with the ESB. I believe I haven't lost out on anything not seeing "the Other Band", Seeger and or solo. 

No reunion tour for sure as they shouldn't ever had to reunite! But why won't you think there wouldn't be The Rising, Magic and or Wrecking Ball? 

While I don’t think Seeger or solo is your thing. I think you would’ve really liked the other band JJ.  

Having said that, it just wasn’t the same IMO.  

Even though I did really enjoy those shows, and the main attraction for me is always Bruce.  

I absolutely ADORED Seeger Sessions, solo, Broadway, and WS orchestra...  but I do love it BEST when he’s with the E Street Band.  

To answer your question... if he was ready for a tour, The ‘Reunion Tour’ could’ve been called something else, and I believe the others still would’ve happened.  

But again, I feel like he wouldn’t appreciate the E Streeters the same way.  Plus, Bruce has always said as much as he loves his blood brothers and sisters, he really likes working with a variety of musicians.   

I love that he writes in different ‘genres.’  As long as he finds his was back to E Street!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Because there was already tension in the band during Tunnel Tour. Like Garry said ' the magic was gone'. It is only speculation and 'what if' but chance everything would have exploded in the 90s. End of ESB, forever, no Reunion, never.