Born To Walk

Winterland at the double - New Downloads

15 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

fear enough

but im sooooooooo excitted 

as ive said a million times before,.this show turned me from a casual fan into ...well... Daisey Jeep 

i love this show for so many reaaons

some of them life affirming reasons

Winterland is the most important thing in my fandom

i wasn't around in 1978 - i was i don't know? ...watching the 6 million dollar man or CHIP's on TV

but the very first time i heard that 78 intro i had a connection not just to Bruce Springsteen and the E street band, not just to everyone who was there that night or at home listening on the radio, and not just to all who have discovered winterland since, but to everyone here, all my Bruce buds here and new ones in the future

Winterland has gifted me so much

its got me through some very tough times

winterland is greater than slices bread, its better than any rugby game, any cricket match

it paints a picture more beautiful than all the pictures in an art gallary

it opened my ears trully for the first time

this is my defining moment

my life can be divided into 2 distinct parts

before winterland

and after winterland 

this is the holy grail !

and now it comes with its twin ive never heard before 

this is a great great day to be alive 

i would say at least equal to the day i woke up to discover Bruce had broken out the 78 intro durring the WB tour

this is the Xmas gift that is going to on giving

Gary asked me last night what i wantee for Christmas 

im going to say get me winterland on CDR from Mr Nuggs

its only fitting because it was Gary who brought me a little old NP3 player for Christmas and he put winterland on it :wub:

this is a great day to be a fan

a great day to be glad that your alive

because one dream at least just came true 

that's a great post, Exactly like i feel about Winterland, well done

• Thanks 1

Now I only have one boot, but several downloads. So for me these shows are an early Christmas present for myself. 

But, there is always a but. I've heard so much about these show though my time here, I was expecting brilliance. There are great but just not brilliance like the 12/29 and 31/80 shows I have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobfan1976 said:

78's not my cup of tea so I'll be skipping these

image.png.d79f6d99a891aadd89ccd9a2a2b2d59d.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

fear enough

as ive said a million times before,.this show turned me from a casual fan into ...well... Daisey Jeep 

i wasn't around in 1978 - i was i don't know? ...watching the 6 million dollar man or CHIP's on TV

but the very first time i heard that 78 intro i had a connection not just to Bruce Springsteen and the E street band, not just to everyone who was there that night or at home listening on the radio, and not just to all who have discovered winterland since, but to everyone here, all my Bruce buds here and new ones in the future

winterland is greater than slices bread, its better than any rugby game, any cricket match

before winterland

and after winterland 

this is the holy grail !

i would say at least equal to the day i woke up to discover Bruce had broken out the 78 intro durring the WB tour

its only fitting because it was Gary who brought me a little old NP3 player for Christmas and he put winterland on it :wub:

This this this this!!!

God bless you!!!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, phantomengineer said:

Is it just me or do you seem to have wild mood swings?

Sometimes I'm really ecstatic about something, sometimes I'm a bit downbeat about something. I guess I'm just good at conveying that through writing if you've gotten that impression. 

The way it is, at the minute I can't be fussed about downloading two shows I'm not in the mood for, maybe in a week I will, and then I'll do all the fanboy writing I can. 

Has the 12-16 show ever been available on a boot?  Like everyone, I’ve had the 12-15-78 show forever...I’ve been playing the “25th Anniversary Remix” boot this week.  It’s now 16 years old!  :o

• Love Love Love! 1

18 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

fear enough

before winterland

and after winterland 

this is the holy grail !

Are you on commission from Nugs?:D

You have convinced me I need these. 

• Love Love Love! 1

5 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Oh no, my avatar disappeared! I no longer recognise myself!

I can see it, Ann.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Oh no, my avatar disappeared! I no longer recognise myself!

If you upload it again It will appear, I can also see it, it is something to do with the upgrade, Karsten is working on it but said it would help him if we upload our pictures again.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jmw said:

If you upload it again It will appear, I can also see it, it is something to do with the upgrade, Karsten is working on it but said it would help him if we upload our pictures again.

I don't have a clue how to upload it again! However, I will give it a go...

2 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

I don't have a clue how to upload it again! However, I will give it a go...

Files too big, so I am stuck with a white box :(

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Now I only have one boot, but several downloads. So for me these shows are an early Christmas present for myself. 

But, there is always a but. I've heard so much about these show though my time here, I was expecting brilliance. There are great but just not brilliance like the 12/29 and 31/80 shows I have.

:unsure::wacko:...Uh Oh .... I guess there are people who think the extra length of the 1980 shows was somewhat watered down by some of the mediocre River material ...... Having not been lucky enough to get a ticket for '78 i did not have that problem. :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Promise61 said:

More Darkness stuff?  And one that is in the DNA of virtually every fan out there?

Poor effort, Nugs. Was hoping for something fresh and new.

Night 2 is something fresh and new to most fans.

Night 2 was even not very widely circulating in the time of tape trading (it took me some years before I found someone who had it on his list). Also, the sound quality of the circulating tape [of Night 2] was good but not great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

Are you on commission from Nugs?:D

You have convinced me I need these. 

you won't regrete it, i promise

and im very greatful to nuggs because i desperately wanted bootlegs but as you know im not very technically savy so i paid for most of my pathetic little collection, but quality is so hit and miss

Nuggs is a God's send really for me 

• Like 1

I saw Bruce for the first time a month earlier in Champaign, IL. Finding this bootleg at one of the record stores confirmed everything I felt after seeing him and thus has always been probably the most important album in my collection and has basically been unplayable for years. For me this is THE release I've been waiting for. I had other boots back in the day but this one is really the one the started and maintained the obsession. I'm thrilled they finally released this and I have it again.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, PattyC said:

Has the 12-16 show ever been available on a boot?  Like everyone, I’ve had the 12-15-78 show forever...I’ve been playing the “25th Anniversary Remix” boot this week.  It’s now 16 years old!  :o

Some songs were on the 'Live 85-75 the out takes' on Catch 22 as sbd. These were 'Thunder Road', 'Jungleland','Saint' and 'Santa Claus'. The complete audience tape was probably on a home made CDR.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobfan1976 said:

78's not my cup of tea so I'll be skipping these, but from a purely scheduling point of view this must be the most covered tour from the Archives point of view? How many shows from the tour have been released now?

4 hours ago, JustDan said:

image.png.d79f6d99a891aadd89ccd9a2a2b2d59d.png

I'll skip them as well. Does that make me Sir Paul?

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

Files too big, so I am stuck with a white box :(

Karsten did say he would do it. :)

• Like 1

Strange how they have multi tracks for night 2 but not night 1. Not downloaded either show yet but I’m most interested in hearing night 2. I’m not at all surprised others have said night 2 sounds better, as that’s the case with all of the multi track archives. 

i couldn't find ny earbuds last night and i don't want to wreck my headphones in bed so im thinking of saving the 16th dec dec show for Christmas eve 

• Like 2

I’m really happy this double release. It is really great to have both shows at the same time and especially these legendary shows. I hardly can imagine that these shows happened  40 years ago they sound so fresh. 

• Like 4