Sign in to follow this  
Paolo's Circus Story

Project Adelante and Matamoros Banks

Recommended Posts

Bruce's official Facebook and YouTube has just tonight uploaded this official video of "Banks" from the Devils & Dust Tour in order to promote Project Adelante, which "seeks to provide support for families and youth by bringing together professionals across disciplines (refugee camp management, law, medicine, mental health, child development, and religion) to evaluate and address the range of needs, working with existing partners in both Mexico and Brownsville when possible, to effectively respond to the crisis in Matamoros." 

It can be supported here: https://www.projectadelante.org/, and the footage is immensely cool. 

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Bruce's official Facebook and YouTube has just tonight uploaded this official video of "Banks" from the Devils & Dust Tour in order to promote Project Adelante, which "seeks to provide support for families and youth by bringing together professionals across disciplines (refugee camp management, law, medicine, mental health, child development, and religion) to evaluate and address the range of needs, working with existing partners in both Mexico and Brownsville when possible, to effectively respond to the crisis in Matamoros." 

It can be supported here: https://www.projectadelante.org/, and the footage is immensely cool. 

 

 

Any idea if we have the audio from this or it's an unreleased night Paolo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

Any idea if we have the audio from this or it's an unreleased night Paolo?

 

The two Boston shows from October 2005 & the two tour closing shows from Trenton, New Jersey in November 2005 were filmed with talk of DVD release which remains as yet unreleased.

 

from wiki

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

 

The two Boston shows from October 2005 & the two tour closing shows from Trenton, New Jersey in November 2005 were filmed with talk of DVD release which remains as yet unreleased.

 

from wiki

...waiting, waiting, waiting ....

dam you ! JLM :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminded of the cruel and inhumane Trump policies toward immigrants, the children in cages, the death of those running from terror to thier death in rivers, or from the heat.

I support this project and suggest you all dig deep to support thier efforts...and of course support removing Trump and his ilk from Congress.

  • Like 7
  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On any given day, if I were asked why I love Bruce so much, I would say it's his music. But it's not just the music, his standpoints are extremely important to me. 

I love him for who he is, and what he stands for. 

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Silvia said:

On any given day, if I were asked why I love Bruce so much, I would say it's his music. But it's not just the music, his standpoints are extremely important to me. 

I love him for who he is, and what he stands for. 

I agree, and I am happy to meet kindred spirits along the way. Like you.

Was thinking about what you said. The music is powerful and the soul of it is undeniable, even when he was writing Lost in the Flood. That humanity we see and feel is his vision and his values. That is such an anti-war song. I know it. Same with Jungleland. That empathy for those people in those songs and the spirit that hit me when I was small. It has informed me all these years later. Was listening to Nebraska the other day. That feeling for that person in the electric chair for doing those crimes. I could go on and on and on. Its him. I believe we are all richer for having listened to it, I know I am.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 12:07 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I've read people on BTX saying it's from Boston, but other than that I've got no clue at all. 

It is from Boston night 2. The shows were recorded but it’s believed that Bruce wasn’t happy with the first night footage. The long time rumour is that he was hung over. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

I agree, and I am happy to meet kindred spirits along the way. Like you.

Was thinking about what you said. The music is powerful and the soul of it is undeniable, even when he was writing Lost in the Flood. That humanity we see and feel is his vision and his values. That is such an anti-war song. I know it. Same with Jungleland. That empathy for those people in those songs and the spirit that hit me when I was small. It has informed me all these years later. Was listening to Nebraska the other day. That feeling for that person in the electric chair for doing those crimes. I could go on and on and on. Its him. I believe we are all richer for having listened to it, I know I am.

You put it so nicely, humanity is probably the most appropriate word, something you can find in most of his songs.

Not just humanity in the broader sense, like supporting veterans and imigrants, and other charity, talking about social injustice, human rights... The humanity on the personal leveI is what amazes me, too.

The way he treats his Mother and other family members, friends, his children. Even people he doesn't know at all... 

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And animals. Can't forget about that photo from Australia, where he was holding a wombat or a koala..

:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Silvia said:

And animals. Can't forget about that photo from Australia, where he was holding a wombat or a koala..

:)

And his vain efforts to wake a dead dog with a stick...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this