CrushOnOutlawPete

If you could hear the E Street Band cover one song live they've never done, which would you choose?

The correct answer is "Up Around the Bend".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTan4LJR290

This should totally happen already. I'm sure they all know it, they've done CCR before, and it's such a fun party song, it'd be such a fun little classic jam in the setlist. Someone agree with me about this.

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 2

On the Dark Side, the most "E-Street" song that wasn't by them.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed to be a Darkness-era outtake, given to John Cafferty.

• Like 1

"Up Around the Bend" is an excellent choice. Each time Bruce played Finland and Michael Monroe was backstage or in the audience, I kept expecting it to happen. Note: Michael Monroe is a friend of Steve's and had a huge hit with Up Around the Bend in Hanoi Rocks. I have heard that Michael is not that into guest appearances, but I'm sure he would have made an exception. The audience would have loved it!

• Love Love Love! 1

Love when Bruce does any Chuck Berry but I wouldn't mind hearing the ESB having a go at this:

• Like 4

They could smash a cover of Baby Jane by Rod Stewart - always felt like it could have belonged on BITUSA

Other than that, pretty much anything by CCR - I'd love to see them tackle the mid-section of Ramble Tamble

• Like 3

Free Electric Band by Albert Hammond Jr. Just think it would suit the band perfectly, especially Roy's piano playing.

• Like 2

Id like its a wounderful world 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

I think they never did a cover of a Led Zeppelin song.

Rock And Roll, or Black Dog? (Avoiding the more obvious Whole Lotta Love).

Or maybe a great cover of Rock 'n' Roll, the Velvet Underground song?

Some English native speakers could maybe say now if either Led Zeppelin or the VU will get problems with their English teacher for their spelling of Rock And Roll/Rock 'n' Roll? (Which is the spelling of those songs according to Wikipedia). Spelling of the Oasis song is Rock 'n' Roll Star so same as the VU (and not a difference between UK/USA spelling then it seems).

The key to this question is picking a song that could pass for an E Street song in some time or another. Or at least one that echoes the kind of song Bruce might write.

Let's go with some Sturgill Simpson:

58 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

The key to this question is picking a song that could pass for an E Street song in some time or another. Or at least one that echoes the kind of song Bruce might write.

Let's go with some Sturgill Simpson:

I bet Bruce digs Sturgill.  This clip is so badass.