Greasy Lake Community

If you could hear the E Street Band cover one song live they've never done, which would you choose?

6 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Yeah, I discovered  it was much better than I thought it would be when I heard it in Mohegan.  I also loved how he did Royals. 

I had never been able to hear the words to staying alive before he covered it :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

What a great song!

Do you know him? If not, his records are well worth exploring. Between his pop-rock albums, his instrumental records and the conceptual stuff he releases as Planet P Project, he's got about 40 albums out.

11 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Do you know him? If not, his records are well worth exploring. Between his pop-rock albums, his instrumental records and the conceptual stuff he releases as Planet P Project, he's got about 40 albums out.

I've never heard of him.  He reminds me of a young Meatloaf/Steve Earle!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Karembu said:

Rockin in the Free World for me.  I know it was covered in duet with Neil Young during the VFC tour but would love to see this during an E St show proper.

Or Gimme Shelter by the Stones with Cindy covering for Merry Clayton if the former is ruled out as having been played already.

I was thinking of Big Country songs I'd like to see E Street do,they covered Rockin In The Free World so could see E Street doing that also Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys would be interesting.

Big Country wise Flame Of The West which I mentioned on the songs that link thread as having lyrics that could be written by Bruce would be good,I could also see Where The Rose Is Sown as a Bruce song.

But most of all Bruce,not exactly a cover as you co wrote it in some fashion but if you just open the next E Street show with Dark & Bloody Ground I'd be quite happy.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

Big Country wise Flame Of The West which I mentioned on the songs that link thread as having lyrics that could be written by Bruce would be good,I could also see Where The Rose Is Sown as a Bruce song.

Thinking of it, that whole second Big Country album -Steeltown- has quite some Bruce Springsteen themes. Also East Of Eden, the song Steeltown and Just A Shadow, all almost natural songs for Bruce for a great cover version.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through

It would be perfect straight after Born To Run in the setlist.... "You can't run away for ever...."

Roy and Max should be familiar with the tune...

Oh wow

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lampi said:

Thinking of it, that whole second Big Country album -Steeltown- has quite some Bruce Springsteen themes. Also East Of Eden, the song Steeltown and Just A Shadow, all almost natural songs for Bruce for a great cover version.

Just A Shadow did cross my mind & I always think of Steeltown as Youngstown's older brother & therefore maybe too similar to cover. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, High As Hope said:

I always think of Steeltown as Youngstown's older brother & therefore maybe too similar to cover. 

Yes, you are right. Just as Bruce covering some John Cougar Mellencamp songs maybe would be too close to home.