CrushOnOutlawPete

If you could hear the E Street Band cover one song live they've never done, which would you choose?

1 hour ago, JimCT said:

Little Steven's Forever :) 

With the horns :) 

Was listening to that the other day.   Would LOVE to hear Bruce cover it.  

And yes.  With THE HORNS!!!! 

Tom Waits' Whistlin' past the graveyard. 

It's got a WIESS feel complete with phat sax and a chance for everyone in the band to stretch their legs.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 9:44 PM, High As Hope said:

I was thinking of Big Country songs I'd like to see E Street do,they covered Rockin In The Free World so could see E Street doing that also Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys would be interesting.

Big Country wise Flame Of The West which I mentioned on the songs that link thread as having lyrics that could be written by Bruce would be good,I could also see Where The Rose Is Sown as a Bruce song.

But most of all Bruce,not exactly a cover as you co wrote it in some fashion but if you just open the next E Street show with Dark & Bloody Ground I'd be quite happy.

+1 for Rockin' in the free world.

I've always wanted to request The Beatles' "I'm Down".   I think it would be perfect for the E Street Band.

It's short.  It's fun.  It rocks.  And, it's about unrequited love.   Perfect!

Brings a smile to my face to watch this again.

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1

17 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I love DS Tunnel of Love so much.  Astonishing track really.  

100%.  Think Making Movies is a great album.  That and Love over Gold are two absolute classics.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 8:53 PM, phantomengineer said:

Warren Zevon, Lawyers Guns and Money.

Having a stab at Dirty Life and Times might be cool too.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 4:28 PM, sleepyjoe said:

I'd like to hear Thin Lizzy's The Boys are back in town or maybe Wild in the Streets - Bon Jovi.  

A friend of mine who has been to more Bruce shows than I have sent me a screenshot from his my brucetime stats that has me confused. 

image.thumb.png.d10c5fbf2848e3c62f5b3470f1cbe549.png

With the WB 2013 band!! We need the horns, percussion and choir!!! 

• Like 1

We are the world with the whole band taking solo lines and SvZ taking the solo part of Stevie Wonder with Bruce. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

We are the world with the whole band taking solo lines and SvZ taking the solo part of Stevie Wonder with Bruce.

This good reason to sue Bruce Inc. in court and demand the money of the ticket price back.

• Haha 1

Many of the songs I'd love to hear Bruce cover are ones where I don't think the ESB is necessary. For example, Johnny Cash's the Man in Black and I'll also throw in another vote for Tweeter and the Monkey Man.  Or Steve Earle's Billy Austin?

I'd also love to hear Bruce do certain songs with other artists - would love to hear him and Rod Stewart sing together - You Wear it Well perhaps or some old soul covers (Bring it on Home to Me?)

But as for Bruce and the ESB, I would love to hear them do a complete Honky Tonky Women - medleyed into a complete Darlington County. 

Or how about AC/DC's Rock 'n' Roll Singer? I can just imagine Steve Vand Zandt sneering out that spoken part towards the end; "You can take your Nine-to-Five living and your collar and your tie..."

Like the suggestion of "I'm Down", this is probably several decades removed from Bruce's voice being able to deliver a peak performance.

But I always thought it would be a ball to hear Bruce and the E Street Band cover Bob B. Soxx and the Blue Jean's "Not Too Young to Get Married".

P.S. The song is not as gimmick-y as the band's name. They were a Phil Spector creation and the song is completely legit.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:53 PM, rockaway88 said:

I'd like Night Moves, Mainstreet, or Against the Wind by Seger

You've heard his cover of "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man", right?

It burned!!! : )

Telegraph Road by Dire Straits (yes, I know it’s almost a Bruce rip-off. But still an amazing song)

• Like 2

On 12/31/2019 at 3:50 AM, riverdude2 said:

Love when Bruce does any Chuck Berry but I wouldn't mind hearing the ESB having a go at this:

Such a great great song ..... This song  .... done by one of my true rock and roll heroes at the Beacon .... was one of my true Holy Shit moments ( you know...before i could cheat and look on the internet )

On 12/31/2019 at 4:36 AM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

"Bat Out of Hell" for me. 

Maybe with Bruces '70's voice. Neither him or Meat can sing that song now :(.   Jungleland on Crack .... But at least we got to hear Max and Roy play it !

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:26 AM, Karembu said:

100%.  Think Making Movies is a great album.  That and Love over Gold are two absolute classics.

Expresso Love Please ....My god almost the whole album....

Yes to Warren ....Disorder In The House !

Ball Of Confusion was a great suggestion.

Ill go with "Rip This Joint" for my suggestion.

And of course i'd like to see them cover Detroit Medley :(

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Or So Long .... Or Waterloo ...But again ...Not too sure about the vocals.

Bruce could've sung Frida's part and Stevie could've sung Agnetha's part. Just transpose it down a few steps.

• Haha 1

Abba lyrics can be tricky to sing.

• Like 1