Sign in to follow this  
AMIW

Rod Stewart tries to crash a party

When interviewed by the police he apparently said..."I don't wanna talk about it".

• Haha 8

The boy's a Bawbag and nae mistake.

• Haha 1

When the story was reported on the evening news here it referred to rod as a famous Scottish singer... obviously the tv researchers did not check that he is actually English...

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, AMIW said:

When the story was reported on the evening news here it referred to rod as a famous Scottish singer... obviously the tv researchers did not check that he is actually English...

Yes he is, but with proud ties to his Scottish heritage. I’ve seen him a bunch of times, and there’s always a large Scottish flag flying somewhere in the audience; which he lovingly acknowledges. 

Also, I’ve heard him tell the story that his dream as a boy was to play football for Scotland.  

Then there’s Rhythm of My Heart (one of my personal favorites), about his beloved Scotland.  

Can’t speak to who he is as a person,  but (sorry Dr Winston O and MagicRatAFC) I do love his music.  

• Like 1

Just shows you - you can be as well-known as him and STILL not get in to a party. By crikey, that must have riled him. :D

3 hours ago, AMIW said:

Born in that London (Brentford mebbe? Stand to be corrected) but his Da was from Leith, which has led him to claim his Caledonian roots.

2 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Yes he is, but with proud ties to his Scottish heritage. I’ve seen him a bunch of times, and there’s always a large Scottish flag flying somewhere in the audience; which he lovingly acknowledges. 

Also, I’ve heard him tell the story that his dream as a boy was to play football for Scotland.  

Then there’s Rhythm of My Heart (one of my personal favorites), about his beloved Scotland.  

Can’t speak to who he is as a person,  but (sorry Dr Winston O and MagicRatAFC) I do love his music.  

To be fair, I like a lot of his early stuff.

A lot of my antipathy is football related.

He's one of these guys that has changed his allegiance down the years, currently being a die hard Celtic fan (or Raselicbyrawaybutbigman to give them their full title).

Sean Connery is another that has pulled this trick down the years.

18 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

What trick?

I know a couple of people - one a Springsteen fan - who were born in England yet one claims he's Welsh and the other, although born in Coatbridge, lived here since the age of 3 and considers himself English.

The other one who was born in England due to transport difficulties but will not hear of her being English is a Laker.  That's all double-dutch … I blame Call The Midwife.

Is it not up to the individual?

16 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

giphy.gif&key=7b59053b7d027605c27e6acb40

28 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

giphy.gif&key=7b59053b7d027605c27e6acb40

Heart of Midlothian fan at his Da's insistence as a nipper.

Rediscovered his Irish roots.........

queens-park-67-3-473x315.jpg

Becomes chums with the man who killed r*****s and becomes a die hard ...........

GD7424987.jpg

• Like 2

Die hard Timalloy, Rod Stewart -

26908eac5c4a321c7c8a5bf37af23e68--ranger

• Haha 2

Mind you, the JJs are now unimpressed with Sir Rod -

maxresdefault.jpg

Didn’t rod start off as an arsenal supporter?

I like Rod as a performer..saw him at Earls Court in 1983 when I was 18 and he was fantastic.

Bit of an arse as a person though. He's got about 8 kids to about 5 different women.

Born in Highgate, London, but thinks of himself as scottish as his dad came from Leith.

Him and Penny got their bairn christened in Leith as well.

7 hours ago, AMIW said:

I did not know that :lol:

I know Rachael Gunter dumped him :( because she didn't want to sit at home and play with model trains :(

3 hours ago, Eileen said:

What trick?

I know a couple of people - one a Springsteen fan - who were born in England yet one claims he's Welsh and the other, although born in Coatbridge, lived here since the age of 3 and considers himself English.

The other one who was born in England due to transport difficulties but will not hear of her being English is a Laker.  That's all double-dutch … I blame Call The Midwife.

Is it not up to the individual?

:lol::lol::lol:

Its rumored the Queen mum was actually born in the back of a London taxi :lol:

Gasoline Alley is one of my favourite albums. I heard him interviewed recently and he came across quite well, but I tend to agree with the majority opinion around here!

Nationality is an odd thing though isn't it? The most 'Scottish' person I know was born in Canada to an English mother and an American father. However, she has lived in Scotland since the age of 6 and woe be tides anyone who accuses her of not being Scottish!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

and woe be tides anyone who accuses her of not being Scottish!

Similar to Caroline, the Laker. I remember an (almost) altercation between a couple of blokes and us regarding her posh accent. Eeee those were the days.

My dad was half-Welsh, half-Geordie - mam was Scottish (Dundee). I don't consider myself as being English (unless it's sport) but I'll yell for N. Ireland, Scotland and Wales when appropriate. That's why I'm 'British'.

• Like 1

The nationality thing doesn't bother me.

But anyone who changes their fitba team is a grade-A wrong un.

You change your wife before you change your fitba team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

The nationality thing doesn't bother me.

But anyone who changes their fitba team is a grade-A wrong un.

You change your wife before you change your fitba team.

Absolutely- I would have changed my team if I could have!

i love those early faces/stewart albums Atlantic crossing and gasoline are my favourites reminds me when i used to wear cuban heels and flared trousers,   he was pretty brave to release the Killing of george when he did  great song, saw the interview on bbc thought he realised he was a bit of an idiot at times

• Like 2