BobbyJames

RUMOUR: Springsteen Album and European Tour

7 hours ago, Rizla said:

Yes - Eric Burdon!  I can't imagine any cover (as per that current thread) reaching the heights of "We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place" that night.

It deserves an archive release for that song alone. The crowd were well into it and I found myself singing it all the way to Leeds the next day. Brilliant. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 5:02 AM, doesthisbusstop said:

Also they tend to announce say a Thursday show only to suddenly release tickets for a Saturday show minutes after the Thursday show has sold out etc. Nightmare for planning flights and hotels. 

Get tickets first

Then flights

Then accommodation 

Ive found its less stress to just hang around an extra day and sometimes it doesn't work out much more expensive 

13 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:
13 hours ago, Rizla said:

Yes - Eric Burdon!  I can't imagine any cover (as per that current thread) reaching the heights of "We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place" that night.

While I’ve seen many, many covers that were equal in the height reaching department; I absolutely agree that it was something very special!! 

Ah, but you need to factor in the crowd.  Hard to better the Welsh at singing!

• Like 3

But it IS interesting that this event is also listed on the official artist site on ticketmaster... 

977678182_Schermafbeelding2020-01-15om13_40_43.thumb.png.fdbed53bf6d209b271b56448e75bd155.png

On third thoughts, I would argue that the date does not make much sense. In October I would expect that Bruce is busy with rallying/campaigning for the US 2020 elections. 

Look a like a copy of magic tour. I'd guess album release in September 

16 minutes ago, Wout said:

On third thoughts, I would argue that the date does not make much sense. In October I would expect that Bruce is busy with rallying/campaigning for the US 2020 elections. 

I was thinking the same, but maybe eloping to Europe seems more tempting. Avoiding the US media as much as possible...

• Like 1

Maybe the next album will come next year. I guess after November 3rd he has enough material to write a powerful and angry album!

Maybe a similar strategy to The Rising tour, which brought a barnstorming leg to Europe in the fall of 02 and summer stadium shows in 03?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wout said:

But it IS interesting that this event is also listed on the official artist site on ticketmaster... 

977678182_Schermafbeelding2020-01-15om13_40_43.thumb.png.fdbed53bf6d209b271b56448e75bd155.png

Fake Location !!!

Yes, that venue seems to be a country house in a park used for occasional opera concerts. So this one is surely not a correct date! 

4 hours ago, Rizla said:

It was a very good crowd.  But even so, I’ve honestly been in equally enthusiastic crowds!!!  

BTW... the people standing around me were mostly watching, not singing.  

I was the only one in the immediate area, and one of the few in the entire section, singing (I tried to keep it down/mouth the lyrics so as not to bother anyone) and jumping around like lunatic!   Mr RJM was standing behind, rather than next to me, so I wouldn’t bother anyone behind me. 

The guy next to me stood stone like at midnight.  Didn’t move at all.  I have a good friend who is the same.  She’s as die hard as they come, but gets her joy from staring at Bruce and taking it all in.  Different strokes... 

Of course that wasn’t the case for the majority of the stadium.   Most people were singing and dancing their collective hearts out.  

As was I :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

and jumping around like lunatic!   Mr RJM was standing behind, rather than next to me, so I wouldn’t bother anyone behind me. 

If your not bouncing around at a show, you may as well stay home and watch a video! But again different stokes. 

Just now, Jimmy James said:

If your not bouncing around at a show, you may as well stay home and watch a video! But again different stokes. 

Well, I bounce around at home too!! 

Seriously though, I disagree JJ.  She (and a few others I know) gets just as over the top excited about seeing him live; but she goes into a sort of trance!  

A few others I know... it’s just not their style to dance or jump around.   Personally I cannot stop myself!  My non jumper friends tell me they love to watch me react to Bruce.  One of them always says ‘You’re part of the show for me’ :P

Some stranger came up to me at MSG after the show and said ‘Honey, you were so entertaining during Candy’s Room!”  :lol:

The only thing that bugs me (besides someone holding a sign that blocks everyone’s view) is people talking through an entire song, loud enough for everyone around you to hear.

• Like 3

On 1/13/2020 at 1:42 PM, EFC Refugee said:

Is your spider sense tingling Kev? It's never wrong B)

How do you DM now?

35 minutes ago, kevharrison said:

How do you DM now?

Just tried to message you and you are showing as 'cannot accept messages', You are also showing as account disabled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:
6 hours ago, Rizla said:

It was a very good crowd.  But even so, I’ve honestly been in equally enthusiastic crowds!!!  

BTW... the people standing around me were mostly watching, not singing.  

I was the only one in the immediate area, and one of the few in the entire section, singing (I tried to keep it down/mouth the lyrics so as not to bother anyone) and jumping around like lunatic!   Mr RJM was standing behind, rather than next to me, so I wouldn’t bother anyone behind me. 

The guy next to me stood stone like at midnight.  Didn’t move at all.  I have a good friend who is the same.  She’s as die hard as they come, but gets her joy from staring at Bruce and taking it all in.  Different strokes... 

Of course that wasn’t the case for the majority of the stadium.   Most people were singing and dancing their collective hearts out.  

As was I 

You're still missing the point. What I was getting at is that most Welsh people sing not only enthusiastically, but well.  Welsh choirs are deservedly famous.  The home crowd at Cardiff were well able to drown out the tone-deaf visitors, such as myself.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rizla said:

You're still missing the point. What I was getting at is that most Welsh people sing not only enthusiastically, but well.  Welsh choirs are deservedly famous.  The home crowd at Cardiff were well able to drown out the tone-deaf visitors, such as myself.  :D

Ah ok, but I honestly didn’t notice the quality of the singing being any better than anywhere else... :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Ah ok, but I honestly didn’t notice the quality of the singing being any better than anywhere else... :lol:

I don't think you guys want me standing next to y'all. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I don't think you guys want me standing next to y'all. 

Anytime JJ, any time!