Greasy Lake Community

RUMOUR: Springsteen Album and European Tour

30 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

However indifferent most fans would be to hearing a BITUSA full album show every night, it’s the most guaranteed means of selling out everywhere they choose to play. 

I wouldn't mind - as long as we got plenty of variety in the rest of the show.  We'd be guaranteed to hear at least 25% of the BITUSA album anyway. 
I'd also want more variety in the encore, which has become tediously static and predictable.

• Like 1
  • Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm feeling a sense of apathy setting in now! ha! Having just battled cancer these past 3 months and had radical surgery (during which my priorities certainly shifted) I'm now keen to be onwards and u

I just hope he does with this E Street record what he did with Western Stars; write great character-driven songs, widen his comfort zone and give us something memorable and moving.

OR - we'll take indoor shows in the Autumn if it "is" to be this year!!! Ha! All this talk of Bruce getting older (fact!) but he is still 5,6,7 years younger than what's left of The Stones, Beatl

Posted Images

18 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

I think there was meant to be a Crazy Horse tour but it was postponed because Neil wanted to focus on other projects, like the films he has in the archives - that may be old news and may have related to touring in 2019

Yeah, that was related to 2019. However, I don't think Crazy Horse are doing any real "tours" anymore. Neil's last shows with them were all shorter stands with a couple of nights in a specific region, so this shouldn't be a problem if an E Street tour comes along. I'm sure Neil would understand ... B)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I’d take a BITUSA box set with extra tracks re-recorded like Follow That Dream. I would not be shocked if the tour was marketed as a BITUSA tour. However indifferent most fans would be to hearing a BITUSA full album show every night, it’s the most guaranteed means of selling out everywhere they choose to play. 

More than indifferent i just wouldnt be there more tickets for the rest of you

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

I'd also want more variety in the encore, which has become tediously static and predictable.

i was lucky enough to see a full river show to be in paris , and philly night 1 which was a dream opening 2 hrs for me, im thinking that maybe my last.

21 minutes ago, Lampi said:

I would rather hear a full BUSA album show than a full Western Stars album show.

Is this an unpopular opinion?

It probably will be, as many of us have already been at a full album BITUSA show, whereas none of us ....

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Lampi said:

I would rather hear a full BUSA album show than a full Western Stars album show.

Is this an unpopular opinion?

No not at all. 

As in the RnR Hall of Fame talk over in the EJJ forum, It's RnR and not whatever WS's is. 

2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

I always bang on about this but a BITUSA show is not one I’d relish in his old age.

Some of the most muscular songs of his career (outside of the Darkness album and some of The River). 

Its going to be a pale comparison.

I'd prefer an ES Band show that concentrated on reworking his post 1992 material with the odd classic interspersed or thrown in at the end

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
2 hours ago, NoSurrender81 said:

It would be great if on the next tour he rotates some WS songs. and changes each night which ones he plays so that by the the time the tour is done every WS song gets some play. 

Maybe an acoustic final song each night, at most. But he probably won’t play any or many WS tracks. 

20 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

It’s just a warning of waiting on a sunny day being a setlist staple. 

This was my fear! I'm counting on it opening up a few shows. Please Bruce plug that electric thingy in and rock 

• Bruuuuce! 1
14 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

I wonder if Bruce is aware of how many plans WE all have for him on the next tour? :D

Maybe he better not read the 'suggested covers' topic then...

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, Rizla said:

I wouldn't mind - as long as we got plenty of variety in the rest of the show.  We'd be guaranteed to hear at least 25% of the BITUSA album anyway. 

Agree re the encore, but BITUSA shows - one would be enough for me.

1 hour ago, Walker in the sun said:

Agree re the encore, but BITUSA shows - one would be enough for me.

OK one show, that's enough indeed. I am only a casual fan who goes to one show a tour, that's enough.:)

13 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I’d take a BITUSA box set with extra tracks re-recorded like Follow That Dream. I would not be shocked if the tour was marketed as a BITUSA tour. However indifferent most fans would be to hearing a BITUSA full album show every night, it’s the most guaranteed means of selling out everywhere they choose to play. 

Would love the box set, but I'm still thinking that a big tour at this age is possibly our final chance to see the whole band one last time. Don't think that opportunity will be missed in marketing the tour as the end of the epic journey. And just others have done before - eek it out to another final lap of the final tour.

Think this would sell out more than a BITUSA full album every night. We can but hope for a new album then a tour which is sign request only - except for Darlington County, Working on the highway and  Sunny Day ;)

We can all just hope there will be something rather than speculation - my Mrs wants a summer holiday and I'm avoiding the issue - just in case there are some Bruce gigs in Summer or Autumn that need paying for !!

10 hours ago, Lampi said:

OK one show, that's enough indeed. I am only a casual fan who goes to one show a tour, that's enough.:)

I would see it as an opportunity to talk through the entire album, wander off to the loo, join the mid-set casual queue for a burger, and return with a round of beers......:D

• Like 1