Greasy Lake Community

RUMOUR: Springsteen Album and European Tour

36 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Exactly this.  There are so many great songs that he rarely or never plays.
I don't care if there's a new album or not.  There's already too many songs that I've never heard.

The only song I can think of that is played very irregularly, but even so is played quite good every time is pops up (except maybe for in Melbourne that time...) is Roulette.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm feeling a sense of apathy setting in now! ha! Having just battled cancer these past 3 months and had radical surgery (during which my priorities certainly shifted) I'm now keen to be onwards and u

I just hope he does with this E Street record what he did with Western Stars; write great character-driven songs, widen his comfort zone and give us something memorable and moving.

OR - we'll take indoor shows in the Autumn if it "is" to be this year!!! Ha! All this talk of Bruce getting older (fact!) but he is still 5,6,7 years younger than what's left of The Stones, Beatl

Posted Images

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 12:15 PM, Lampi said:

Why does everyone always think 50% of the setlist should be rarities, outtakes and sign requests? (In stadiums)

Also WS songs will be a good reason for 'casual fans' to order some drinks, for a toilet break and to chat and talk and scream while Bruce is singing Moonlight Motel.

I don't recall fans talking or going to the bar at the UK stadium shows in 1985 when the Nebraska material got played. Maybe audiences were just a lot more tolerant back then than they are now.

2 hours ago, Old English Town said:

I don't recall fans talking or going to the bar at the UK stadium shows in 1985 when the Nebraska material got played. Maybe audiences were just a lot more tolerant back then than they are now.

I wonder whether younger fans are more tolerant and willing to listen to newer material. I suspect as fans get older, they are less open to hearing new songs and want to hear the songs they fell in love with when they were younger. 

10 hours ago, jakarta2005 said:

I wonder whether younger fans are more tolerant and willing to listen to newer material. I suspect as fans get older, they are less open to hearing new songs and want to hear the songs they fell in love with when they were younger. 

Back on the day the show was once in a life event I guess. Plus, if you had left your spot, you’d have told it goodbye for good.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Old English Town said:

That was 35 years ago. His fans’ bladders were younger and stronger back then.

• Haha 5
On 1/20/2020 at 5:10 AM, MB Hong Kong said:

Hi All

Great site and thanks for sharing our love of Bruce.  I am flying to NY this week and wanted to know if there is any talk of an impromptu performance by Bruce anywhere on the north east coast...I am also in Austin TX the w/c 27th if there is the same in that region

Welcome MB

Have a great time in the NYC

Nice to have a new members from somewhere different

Maybe get down the shore, you never know who you night bump into

On 1/19/2020 at 11:10 AM, MB Hong Kong said:

Hi All

Great site and thanks for sharing our love of Bruce.  I am flying to NY this week and wanted to know if there is any talk of an impromptu performance by Bruce anywhere on the north east coast...I am also in Austin TX the w/c 27th if there is the same in that region

Hi and Welcome! 

I’m sorry I haven’t heard anything.  Just wanted to wish you a great trip.  

And yes, as Daisey suggested, if you’re a big Bruce fan, a trip to AP (and then to Belmar 10 minutes south... to the corner 10th and E!) for the day is always wonderful (even if you don’t bump into our man!).  

Whatever you end up doing... safe travels and have fun!!  

• Like 1
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 7:02 AM, doesthisbusstop said:

Twice in 48 hours at Cardiff and Leeds 2013! 

I've caught it 5 times in all over the years - including those two memorable back to back nights! (more like twice in 25/26 hours with it opening Leeds!)

• Like 1

Well I used the intermission in 1993 for a much-needed toilet break...

Also because there was no time for that before the show. We left home a little bit late because we had seats so no reason to be at the venue very early but because of traffic jam we were almost too late for the show (yes those things happen when you are a casual fan!)

After toilet break I was back in time for the 2nd set!

• Haha 1

Ok, I have everyone covered on this next/new tour: 

1st - 5 song Born in the USA set. 

2nd- 6 song new album set. 

3rd - 3 song Western Stars set. 

4th - 6 song Rarities set

5th - 8 song Classic's to finish off the show.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Very Nice!

Still missing:

Criminally underplayed songs from Tunnel, Magic, Rising and WOAD.

Some covers, like Detroit Medley at the show where @Early North Jersey is in the audience.

Prove It All Night with 1978 intro and a REAL LONG Kitty in NZ.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

1st - 5 song Born in the USA set. 

2nd- 6 song new album set. 

3rd - 3 song Western Stars set. 

4th - 6 song Rarities set

5th - 8 song Classic's to finish off the show.

So long as prove it with the 78 intro is in there it looks good

How about an acoustic solo number at the very end

13 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Very Nice!

Still missing:

Some covers, like Detroit Medley at the show where @Early North Jersey is in the audience.

Yes ! 

Kitty at least 30 min :lol:

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Sad 2
34 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

How about an acoustic solo number at the very end

Or a few solo opening songs like in 1993.

Yes.

Bruce does not even have to think about a setlist; his Greasy Lake spy only has to make a summary of all our great ideas!:)

• Haha 2
44 minutes ago, Lampi said:

They would fit in the Rarities set! 

44 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Some covers, like Detroit Medley

They would fit in the Classic's set! 

45 minutes ago, Lampi said:

That would also fit into the Classic set. 

• Love Love Love! 1
14 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

They would fit in the Rarities set! 

But that is what it is all about. These songs-well at least some of them-should not be 'real' rarities; also -not especially-regular played songs, more 'irregular played songs', which is not the same as 'rarities' (quite some personal nuance in all this which others might find nonsense).

Post-Magic Tour, there were full album shows, sign requests and 'stump-the-band-contests' with obscure covers, while quite some very great post-BUSA songs were more or less or completely ignored (at least after the tours in support of their albums).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lampi said:

Very Nice!

Still missing:

Agreed, and I’d like THE MEDLEY as well please!  So ENJ and I need to be at the same show(s) :P

As long as we’re wishing... DJ can absolutely have her ‘78 Intro (and any kind of Kitty!), I’ll take my Prove It album style... 

• Like 2