Greasy Lake Community

RUMOUR: Springsteen Album and European Tour

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm feeling a sense of apathy setting in now! ha! Having just battled cancer these past 3 months and had radical surgery (during which my priorities certainly shifted) I'm now keen to be onwards and u

I just hope he does with this E Street record what he did with Western Stars; write great character-driven songs, widen his comfort zone and give us something memorable and moving.

OR - we'll take indoor shows in the Autumn if it "is" to be this year!!! Ha! All this talk of Bruce getting older (fact!) but he is still 5,6,7 years younger than what's left of The Stones, Beatl

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Aniello just posted a brief video clip on Insta in the studio. Pretty sure it’s Bruce’s voice you can hear in the background. 

I've said it before and I don't mind repeating it. Fuck off Ron with your childish "I know something that you don't" posts and photos.  What's the point?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

I've said it before and I don't mind repeating it. Fuck off Ron with your childish "I know something that you don't" posts and photos.  What's the point?

I wanted to say something ...similar! But you've said it better :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Eh. I'll admit to liking the suspense. It's all in good fun, and it livens up the Lake a little.

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

He must read the message boards like the lake, and he would be gutted if nobody picked up on posts and nobody gave a shit. 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Lampi said:

No.

And especially not on an album which could be a very angry, political album.

But please

no Commie Tommy 

Have Bruce play lead guitar

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

All a bit of fun. I prefer that to the tight lipped, don’t breathe a word seriousness.

With the advent of social media, some people simply like to use it and have fun with it, it's a new era.  

I think it's great how he does it, not overdone but gives us a glimpse that somethin' is goin' on.  Ain't nothin' wrong with that.  

• Like 3

The post reunion E Street Band with the three guitars can rock pretty hard at times... I'm thinking of live stuff like Murder Inc and the outro to My Love Will Not Let You Down.

I'm struggling to think of a studio track where they've utilised the three pronged guitar attack in this manner. Would be great if they could finally capture that on a studio recording

• Love Love Love! 1
14 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

But please

no Commie Tommy 

Have Bruce play lead guitar

Nils should play more guitar too.

He was always under-used-but seems happy with that; he can be his own boss in his solo career.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

I'm struggling to think of a studio track where they've utilised the three pronged guitar attack in this manner.

Electric Blood Brothers from the Blood Brothers EP?

7 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Electric Blood Brothers from the Blood Brothers EP?

Maybe, haven't heard that in ages so I need to go back and have a listen.

But that was 1995 and an outtake at that. Backs up my thought that the three guitars are a neglected resource in post reunion studio work

2 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

Had a dream last night that I was watching Bruce play the Leeds arena - he opened with Lonesome Day, during which he crowd surfed 

Tour confirmed?????

Hope so! :D

Sounds like 2003 all over again (apart from the Leeds bit!) 

• Love Love Love! 1
23 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

Had a dream last night that I was watching Bruce play the Leeds arena - he opened with Lonesome Day, during which he crowd surfed 

Tour confirmed?????

Dear God that lovely dream turned quickly in to a nightmare!!!, (opening with Loathsome Day!!?) 

• Haha 1
On 1/25/2020 at 4:45 PM, Bosstralian said:

I'm struggling to think of a studio track where they've utilised the three pronged guitar attack in this manner. Would be great if they could finally capture that on a studio recording

Harry's Place! But that has Commie Tommy, which I love and others don't. 

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

All we need is two guitars, baby, bass and drums,  just like James Young and the Immortal Ones.

Rockabilly. Go forward by going backwards.

Do you guys study lyric's all day or what? :)

I googled James Young and the Immortal Ones. thinking it was a band of some sort. Actually I thought it was the James Young from Styx. :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1