Greasy Lake Community

RUMOUR: Springsteen Album and European Tour

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm feeling a sense of apathy setting in now! ha! Having just battled cancer these past 3 months and had radical surgery (during which my priorities certainly shifted) I'm now keen to be onwards and u

I just hope he does with this E Street record what he did with Western Stars; write great character-driven songs, widen his comfort zone and give us something memorable and moving.

OR - we'll take indoor shows in the Autumn if it "is" to be this year!!! Ha! All this talk of Bruce getting older (fact!) but he is still 5,6,7 years younger than what's left of The Stones, Beatl

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

3pm UK time on Wednesday? 

surely Landau will withold the announcement until 11pm friday night when something important will be happening in Blighty

(no not the transfer window closing the other thing)

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, AMIW said:

surely Landau will withold the announcement until 11pm friday night when something important will be happening in Blighty

The world coming to an end! 

• Haha 1

Based on Ron Aniello's Instagram - I don't think we're close to an announcement.  It seems like they're solidly in the recording phase and I'm not aware of a situation where Bruce has announced tour details before having a "finalized" album when its for a tour + album.  We need to be realistic with our expectations.

• Like 2
On 1/26/2020 at 12:05 AM, Bosstralian said:

Maybe, haven't heard that in ages so I need to go back and have a listen.

But that was 1995 and an outtake at that. Backs up my thought that the three guitars are a neglected resource in post reunion studio work

Further On...?

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Do you guys study lyric's all day or what? :)

Problem is, I can't remember the names of my three children and five grandchildren.  But Bruce lyrics? Not a problem.

• Haha 8
7 hours ago, AMIW said:

The Trump/Bolton thing is FAR  more interesting. It's like being engrossed in a top Netflix series.

9 hours ago, Promise61 said:

All we need is two guitars, baby, bass and drums,  just like James Young and the Immortal Ones.

Rockabilly. Go forward by going backwards.

I love James Young & the immortal Ones, even got a T Shirt made up.!!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, County fair said:

I love James Young & the immortal Ones, even got a T Shirt made up.!!

Surely your location could have been: Soldiers Field! :)

I've learned a lot today. I think I know this tune by heart almost. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, twilight said:

Based on Ron Aniello's Instagram - I don't think we're close to an announcement.  It seems like they're solidly in the recording phase and I'm not aware of a situation where Bruce has announced tour details before having a "finalized" album when its for a tour + album.  We need to be realistic with our expectations.

How long does it take to record an album these days? On average...

I have no idea what Aniello meant, but since I've seen this earlier this morning, I can't stop thinking about Forman's Amadeus, and the impact that movie had on my 13 year old self. How powerful the music can be, how deadly the obsession, the insanity, that inner force can become.

Nothing to do with Bruce. Or everything... :)