Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

RUMOUR: Springsteen Album and European Tour


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ibbhomero said:

First of all, hello everyone! I am something similar to new in the forum. Although I have visited it almost daily since the beginning of 2017, it has not been until now that I created the account. I've been watching you without your knowing, like Facebook (canned laughter). A pleasure to be here. Secondly, if Ron doesn't tease us (most likely he is) and something sounds like Charles's, the album will be a surprise.

Welcome to the lake! Feel free to make your own welcome thread where you introduce yourself :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm feeling a sense of apathy setting in now! ha! Having just battled cancer these past 3 months and had radical surgery (during which my priorities certainly shifted) I'm now keen to be onwards and u

I just hope he does with this E Street record what he did with Western Stars; write great character-driven songs, widen his comfort zone and give us something memorable and moving.

OR - we'll take indoor shows in the Autumn if it "is" to be this year!!! Ha! All this talk of Bruce getting older (fact!) but he is still 5,6,7 years younger than what's left of The Stones, Beatl

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Ibbhomero said:

First of all, hello everyone! I am something similar to new in the forum. Although I have visited it almost daily since the beginning of 2017, it has not been until now that I created the account. I've been watching you without your knowing, like Facebook (canned laughter). A pleasure to be here. Secondly, if Ron doesn't tease us (most likely he is) and something sounds like Charles's, the album will be a surprise.

Welcome :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 11:18 AM, Ibbhomero said:

First of all, hello everyone! I am something similar to new in the forum. Although I have visited it almost daily since the beginning of 2017, it has not been until now that I created the account. I've been watching you without your knowing, like Facebook (canned laughter). A pleasure to be here. Secondly, if Ron doesn't tease us (most likely he is) and something sounds like Charles's, the album will be a surprise.

Welcome to the Lake. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the way the Republicans trampled on the Constitution this week and gave Trump permission to fulfil his ambition of being King Of America, Bruce's next  album should address this fiasco in some way. He's not written an angry song in years.

 

Album title? The Framers.;)

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this won't last long but please explain this: 

55 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

I think the way the Republicans trampled on the Constitution this week

BTW: I fully expect an album just as you described and welcome it. I'll even stand being talked down to by Bruce, just to see him again.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I know this won't last long but please explain this: 

 

:D

The whole world knows what they did (the Reps in the Senate), and why they did it. No need for an explanation.

A trial without documents and key witnesses at the President's request. Laughing stock.

 

  • Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Obviously, you don't know how it works here, and that's ok, because I have no idea how your system works either.  

I don't know how your  system works?  Incorrect.

I'm not going into battle here because it'll get deleted anyway. Suffice to say, it was a farce, and hopefully it'll inspire some fire in Bruce's belly.

:)

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think an angry political Bruce Springsteen record can change anything. Maybe he knows that, and we'll all just be disappointed cos he'll go into totally different direction thematically.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

...and there is already a -sort of- anti-Trump album and it is called Magic, which is even more relevant now than when it was written (especially the title song).

Preaching to the converted indeed won't change anything. The paradox in this is the music of a political album could be very great and exiting: Loud, angry guitar, bass and drums at full volume and Bruce singing like a sort of wounded animal (If his voice is still capable of that, which sadly can be doubtful).

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i hope Springsteen comes out with a pissed off sounding album. I like music that has passion, whether I agree with its purpose or not. Hell, I would take a blatantly pro-communism album over that last crap he threw out there.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My "hot take" is that a politically motivated album (while up my alley) would be more trouble than it's worth, especially with the presidential elections taking place this year.

Sure, Bruce would get a bit more coverage than usual given the relevancy of such a scope. But what happens if this album drops late in the year, and then Trump gets voted out of office?  Suddenly, that album seems a little less relevant, at least in the eye of the public.

Also, what if Bruce ends up stumping for the opposing candidate like he did in 2016 or 2004? Is he going to play those new political songs at the rallies? And then what happens if said candidate loses the election? Do those songs lose some power, some bite to them?

While I tend to fall in line with Bruce's political ideals, I think this idea would be a lose-lose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Promise61 said:

:D

The whole world knows what they did (the Reps in the Senate), and why they did it. No need for an explanation.

A trial without documents and key witnesses at the President's request. Laughing stock.

 

American democracy at its finest, & these are the sort of ideals they want to bomb (sorry spread) around the world.

  • Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nicholas said:

My "hot take" is that a politically motivated album (while up my alley) would be more trouble than it's worth, especially with the presidential elections taking place this year.

Sure, Bruce would get a bit more coverage than usual given the relevancy of such a scope. But what happens if this album drops late in the year, and then Trump gets voted out of office?  Suddenly, that album seems a little less relevant, at least in the eye of the public.

Also, what if Bruce ends up stumping for the opposing candidate like he did in 2016 or 2004? Is he going to play those new political songs at the rallies? And then what happens if said candidate loses the election? Do those songs lose some power, some bite to them?

While I tend to fall in line with Bruce's political ideals, I think this idea would be a lose-lose.

Nope if the music is good the music is good, doesn't matter what the message is. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Nope if the music is good the music is good, doesn't matter what the message is. 

For me Bruce's best work is when he reduces the political to the personal - takes the effect that the big issues of the day have on the ordinary men and women and their families, good or (usually) bad. The Nebraska album is this in a nutshell.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Old English Town said:

For me Bruce's best work is when he reduces the political to the personal - takes the effect that the big issues of the day have on the ordinary men and women and their families, good or (usually) bad. The Nebraska album is this in a nutshell.

That is a great way to put it, absolutely true and I agree with you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Old English Town said:

For me Bruce's best work is when he reduces the political to the personal - takes the effect that the big issues of the day have on the ordinary men and women and their families, good or (usually) bad. The Nebraska album is this in a nutshell.

So then it should be a very happy album coming up!

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

So then it should be a very happy album coming up!

It would be beautiful to have an energetic and happy album. I love Bruce's angry music (and seeing him with that rage on stage), but I think a more luminous album would fit better with his current state of relative peace (which to forget the news would be very good). Oh, and with a song like Rosalita. Rosalita 2.0? It's just an idea...

  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...