Greasy Lake Community

RUMOUR: Springsteen Album and European Tour

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm feeling a sense of apathy setting in now! ha! Having just battled cancer these past 3 months and had radical surgery (during which my priorities certainly shifted) I'm now keen to be onwards and u

I just hope he does with this E Street record what he did with Western Stars; write great character-driven songs, widen his comfort zone and give us something memorable and moving.

OR - we'll take indoor shows in the Autumn if it "is" to be this year!!! Ha! All this talk of Bruce getting older (fact!) but he is still 5,6,7 years younger than what's left of The Stones, Beatl

Posted Images

On 2/12/2020 at 3:08 AM, Rizla said:

I wish I did.

I don't even know what Instagram  really is :lol:

2 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Is that why Nugs announced a full slate of Archive Series releases for the year?

Sorry sometimes i live in a vacuum 

When was this ?

35 minutes ago, borntorunsean said:

Excuse my ignorance but why is kev some in the know with Bruce inc?

Not In the know with Bruce inc at all. I am friendly with a few people who do get to know bits and bobs from within. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This news does not bode well for the future of the ESB. Sorry...just my take. After the broadway run & the direction he took with Western Stars, in the back of my mind I could see it coming that his heart & his head might not be in an E-Street state of mind. I also thought, he's been looking rather weary-worn & the sound of his voice, a sort of high-pitched whisper that he physically might not be into it as well. We all know what a perfectionist he is. The physical demands of an E-Street tour are such that maybe he might be afraid of feeling like he's ripping the fans off if he can't pull off three & a half hour barn burners any more. If this is the case....& again, pure conjecture on my part, I admire the man's integrity. I always have. He's 70 folks. Three & a half hrs of rip-roaring on stage at the level he's been doing for 45-plus years just may not suit him at this point..mentally, or physically. He's not Jagger, or Macca who, by the looks of things, don't know when or how to stop, but then again, he probably doesn't want to be like them anyway. Or....maybe he's just buying more time to get physically & mentally ready :).

• Like 1

I think this sums it up a bit: https://eu.app.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/02/12/bruce-springsteen-and-e-street-band-no-tour-2020/4740249002/ If in the end there is no tour this year, I will look very hurt, really. I was one of those who thought we could expect an album in May and tour relatively close. This was relatively confirmed by the photos of Aniello and some interviews of Bruce that implied that he could be on the road at some point in 2020. 

Anyway, I do not understand the different information we have. These are my theories: 1) The album began to be recorded with the idea of touring but has stopped for something unexpected. If it has not stopped, your recording may have split or slowed down. 2) They are recording the album slowly and Bruce has not warned the band if there will be a tour. Maybe for his mother or something else. 3) Bruce has seen that the material is not as strong as he thought and has stopped the engines. This is unrpobable by Ron's photos and because ... It would be weird. 3) That they have never been recording the album and Ron's are samples of something else like outtakes or anything else. If it were like that, Ron Aniello, you can't play with the fans.

Based on this, I would say that the most likely are 1 and 2. Because I think we can confirm that an E Street album started recording or is in it (the dates on which Ron started uploading photos, the drum set of Max, Charlie ... I repeat, if this is not real Ron must escape to Mexico because of the fury of E Street fans) and that the initial idea was to go on tour sometime this year. Option 1 and 2 leave us with an uncertain picture in which we do not know if there will be an album without a tour or if there are health problems in the E Street world. Partly because of selfishness (I want to see the band a third time and the years go by quickly) and in large part because of concern about whether something bad happens, the truth is that now I feel depressed.

• Sad 1

Well let's hope there aren't any serious health problems in the band, at the end of the day that's the most important thing. If it's got nothing to do with that that's okay, take your time to record and take your time to get ready for hopefully one more E Street Tour. Fingers crossed really because who the fuck knows. Interesting and slightly worrying development for sure. Time will tell.

• Like 3

@jaboykin @StevieVanZandt, just got the word about 2020 E Street tour ... sounds like that's not happening?

@StevieVanZandt
We don’t know for sure either way. When Bruce wants to announce something he will. Meanwhile we should all walk our dogs and enjoy life!

• Like 1

I have been somewhat reassured by LSVZ messages. If he says that there is still nothing discarded, he would put us a little on the less pessimistic assumptions and make me think that at least there is not a big health problem or something. On the radio I had seemed to understand something much more dramatic and concrete, as if he were holding back to give very bad news. Maybe my fear and imagination has been more hysterical than real. We pray for that and for many years of health on E Street.

• Like 1