Greasy Lake Community

RUMOUR: Springsteen Album and European Tour

5 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Back off.
I'm normally very patient, but Bruce said that there would be a tour.  If there isn't going to be a tour after all, he should say so. 
That's not unreasonable.

:mellow:

omfg....not possible...

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm feeling a sense of apathy setting in now! ha! Having just battled cancer these past 3 months and had radical surgery (during which my priorities certainly shifted) I'm now keen to be onwards and u

I just hope he does with this E Street record what he did with Western Stars; write great character-driven songs, widen his comfort zone and give us something memorable and moving.

OR - we'll take indoor shows in the Autumn if it "is" to be this year!!! Ha! All this talk of Bruce getting older (fact!) but he is still 5,6,7 years younger than what's left of The Stones, Beatl

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Rizla said:

I am getting pissed off now.  Bruce should make it clear if there is likely to be a tour within the next year.  He owes it to fans. 
I have held back from booking other gigs because I have been saving my £ for Bruce. 
Enough now.  I want to know.

I ended last year intent on leaving the summer months pretty free, but now -  what the hell. If there are a couple of clashes then I’ll have decisions to make. And if Lu Williams is involved then he may lose out. Yeah, I know, like he’s gonna lose sleep over that..........:D

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Perisic said:

@jaboykin @StevieVanZandt, just got the word about 2020 E Street tour ... sounds like that's not happening?

@StevieVanZandt
We don’t know for sure either way. When Bruce wants to announce something he will. Meanwhile we should all walk our dogs and enjoy life!

Maybe one of Springsteen's dogs has health problems?

That would explain it and also explain Steve's tweet.

I've solved it. 

• Haha 1
On 2/11/2020 at 7:54 AM, Ibbhomero said:

Ron will never produce the clean sound of an electric guitar without first putting in between loops and strange computer sounds

Yeah, all those loops and computer sounds on Western Stars are driving me insane.

• Haha 3

I would love to see Bruce this year, but if for what ever reason it is not going to happen, then that's is sad,  but if the reason is his mum, then as someone who works with someone who lost her mum, suddenly and a brother in law who lost his mum last Wednesday and my friend in St Louis who also lost her aunt last week, family and love one's are far more important.  If I never get the chance to see him again, I have wonderful memories. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Yeah, all those loops and computer sounds on Western Stars are driving me insane.

Ron's production at WS is wonderful. He gives just what he needs to the songs and is so rich and majestic that I can only congratulate Ron. But in Wrecking Ball I hate his work on songs like "Death to my hometown," which is so powerful live and so bland on the album with those computer sounds instead of Max's punches. In High Hopes I really like his work but it is also a very saturated production. Ron has yet to prove his worth for an E Street record. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jmw said:

I would love to see Bruce this year, but if for what ever reason it is not going to happen, then that's is sad,  but if the reason is his mum, then as someone who works with someone who lost her mum, suddenly and a brother in law who lost his mum last Wednesday and my friend in St Louis who also lost her aunt last week, family and love one's are far more important.  If I never get the chance to see him again, I have wonderful memories. 

Well said. 

Also... perhaps he isn’t saying anything because if in fact it is something additional that recently occurred in regards to his mother’s health, he most likely doesn’t exactly know what’s what.  

If that’s the case, his mother is the only thing with which he needs to concern himself. 

If by some slim chance it’s travel uncertainty due to the caronavirus,  again, perhaps he’s waiting to make an official announcement when he knows what’s happening.  

Whatever it is, I’m sure we’ll know as soon as he knows.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Could the coronavirus actually be an issue to something requiring global travel?  

Until Dan mentioned it this hadn't occurred to me.

Could be as simple as Bruce saying 'I / we aren't travelling until this settles down'. At which point the actual organising of tour dates becomes impossible. Or JLM saying 'you guys ain't travelling till this settles' as they don't want to book dates that may need to be cancelled later on

• Like 3
14 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Maybe he’s planning a Broadway style run of Western Stars with The London Philharmonic Orchestra instead. 

That would actually be cool

Just do it in a bigger enough theater 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

Could be as simple as Bruce saying 'I / we aren't travelling until this settles down'. At which point the actual organising of tour dates becomes impossible. Or JLM saying 'you guys ain't travelling till this settles' as they don't want to book dates that may need to be cancelled later on

Hmmm

On that note

Could be an insurence thing too

Jesus, people...this is getting ridiculous. If there is no ESB tour (which I wouldn't mind...let's face it... he is getting OLD, and that's fine... but I'd rather remember Bruce and the ESB the way they were) , it will be because the record isn't finished yet. Why else do you think Aniello is posting these teasers from the studio? They are still *recording* whatever it is that Bruce came up with. Maybe he likes it, maxbe he doesn't. We know how he works.

Plainly put: He doesn't have a record.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

Maybe one of Springsteen's dogs has health problems?

That would explain it and also explain Steve's tweet.

I've solved it. 

I spent a week away from home for work doing mind numbing work literly cleaning shelving at a store other than my own

It was a way for one store to use surplus wage budget and another to save it

We thought we were young to help with the big refit the store had just had but we were just cleanere

We got put up in a 3rd rate model and got paid an extra $70 a day expenses 

I really wish i had not gone and came home to Tinky every night because that's a week I'll never get back 

For a hidouse freezing cold week we worked (at times on hands and knees) cleaning and polishing the front red bars at the front of those shelves 

My isle looked like new when I'd finished 

Our own manager said if he had known we could have come home and gone back to our own store 

We worked the entire week just doing one isle each - meanwhile my own isles back at my work would have loved a dust never mind such a deep clea.

Anyway Tinky was old and Gary took good care of him but it was 4 nights i missed having Tinky sleep on my pillow 

I'll always hate that place just a little bit more for that week

Excuse the odd direction your post took me :o

bunnings-uki-st-albans-01.jpg

1 hour ago, NoneButTheBrave said:

Jesus, people...this is getting ridiculous. If there is no ESB tour (which I wouldn't mind...let's face it... he is getting OLD, and that's fine... but I'd rather remember Bruce and the ESB the way they were) , it will be because the record isn't finished yet. Why else do you think Aniello is posting these teasers from the studio? They are still *recording* whatever it is that Bruce came up with. Maybe he likes it, maxbe he doesn't. We know how he works.

There has definitely been an over reaction but Ron’s unnecessary teasers of them recording hasn’t helped. Just release the album when it’s ready. No need for that shit. I was keeping hopes up of tickets going on sale for summer 2020 in Europe but realistically I now expect Europe to be the final lap of the tour next year if there is one.  

• Like 5
3 hours ago, NoneButTheBrave said:

Actually I think it’s exactly this, he’s either not necessarily satisfied he has the record he wants or he has more music coming out of him and he wants to see where it takes him.

If the band are going in at different times and there is no tour, there is going to be an element of just having nothing to do but wait.

One point though, just because RA is posting Instagram stories doesn’t mean they have just occurred. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

There has definitely been an over reaction but Ron’s unnecessary teasers of them recording hasn’t helped. Just release the album when it’s ready. No need for that shit. I was keeping hopes up of tickets going on sale for summer 2020 in Europe but realistically I now expect Europe to be the final lap of the tour next year if there is one.  

OR - we'll take indoor shows in the Autumn if it "is" to be this year!!! Ha!

All this talk of Bruce getting older (fact!) but he is still 5,6,7 years younger than what's left of The Stones, Beatles and The Who (who unfortunately are STILL playing big outdoor venues) - I have never doubted that Bruce and ESB "will" tour / continue, health permitting, (for another couple of tours probably until he reaches the age those acts are "now") - BUT - what I was hoping for is that in the ageing and slowing down process that Bruce might get back indoors for the most part!

Being realistic I sadly don't envisage that happening in Europe on this next tour (whenever it may happen!?) as I think the demand will be huge (after a 4 year gap) - in the States yeah, and the States in the fall is the most likely "start" for the tour if it takes place IMHO - with down under being early 2021 - Europe summer of 2021 (and a return to Glastonbury!?) - and then (after the obligatory holiday in Italy in July) back to the States Aug/Sept 2021 for some outdoor venues there to wrap up the tour!

I think there are many reasons why the tour won't start until later in the year (IF it does at all of course - but I think there WILL be a tour) - the album isn't finished for one but his Mum remains a major factor (and rightly so as far as I'm concerned, and I think the situation with Adele was a very big part in the whole Broadway phase!) and it is potentially a very big year (summer) for Jessica as well...……...I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce and his camp already know that any tour won't kick off until the last third of this year (and yeah, perhaps they should let something be known in a subtle way to make that more widely known!?, but they most probably will take the view that all this second guessing and stuff in the press just adds to the fervour for when tickets eventually DO go on sale!!!, no such things as bad publicity and all that!!?).

I, like many, had been holding off making some plans (holidays etc) but having been diagnosed (out of nowhere) with cancer last October - and undergone radical surgery at the end of Nov - I need to be getting on with life!, we have booked to go back to Kefalonia late Aug/early Sept (been 5 years) - so the closest we may get to Bruce "this" summer will be to sit down at the restaurant in the harbour at Fiskardo that he and Tom Hanks ate at - with their boat anchored in the little harbour ha!

We have my wife's (who herself had breast cancer in 2017) 50th to celebrate as well this year (4th July!!)  - at one point we had hoped that might have incorporated a Bruce trip of some sort!?, we have had a few in recent years/tours - those 2 amazing nights "indoors" in Paris in 2012 (jeez that's scary - 8 years ago!!!) and the San Siro last time out in 2016, but alas not to be it would seem!  Maybe that long w/end trip to see New York all decorated up for Xmas that we keep saying we'll do one of these years could be on the cards instead!!? ha! (and indoor shows!!!).

It WILL happen folks - fear not - we are (as Steven has told us) just going to have to get on with our lives in the meantime / be patient (good things are worth waiting for) - and we have been spoilt in more recent times - all the younger fans on here won't appreciate that this (3 and 4 year gaps between major tours) used to be the norm for Bruce and many big acts...…….ironically when they were all much younger!!? 1980/1 - 1985 - 1988 - 1992/3 - some solo tours in mid/late 90's and it is only since the Reunion tour of 1999/2000 that we have (until 4 years ago) had an incredible run of tours/activity and haven't (until now) had to go more than a couple of years without seeing Bruce on a stage in some form (not fashion!!) or other!.....…..he'll be back out there SOON now, the longest part of the wait is over (tell yourselves that as we wait for news!).

• Like 7
  • Love Love Love! 1
13 minutes ago, BruceWho said:.…..he'll be back out there SOON now, the longest part of the wait is over (tell yourselves that as we wait for news!).

Yep...I last saw Bruce in concert nearly 4 years ago and it doesn’t feel half that long so in terms of ‘the wait’ I’m glad it’s now 2020 and not still 2016. 

10 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

I wouldn’t be surprised 

14 hours ago, Ibbhomero said:

Ron's production at WS is wonderful. He gives just what he needs to the songs and is so rich and majestic that I can only congratulate Ron. But in Wrecking Ball I hate his work on songs like "Death to my hometown," which is so powerful live and so bland on the album with those computer sounds instead of Max's punches. In High Hopes I really like his work but it is also a very saturated production. Ron has yet to prove his worth for an E Street record. 

He should have given Western Stars the Tom Joad treatment where you can barely hear any instruments and it is basically a spoken word album. Or a whispered word album.

8 hours ago, NoneButTheBrave said:

Phew, a post I can read without having to see how decrepit Bruce is, and thereby no tour.  Maybe some reasonable ideas in here.  

4 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Yep...I last saw Bruce in concert nearly 4 years ago and it doesn’t feel half that long so in terms of ‘the wait’ I’m glad it’s now 2020 and not still 2016. 

Yeah time is a funny thing (in the memory) at times - my last ESB show was the final European stop in Switzerland in 2016 (having done Barcelona, Coventry, London, Milan and Paris as ones that spring immediately to mind, possibly others!? - I went, on my own, for a last hurrah) - I have seen Bruce on stage since then at the Walter Kerr Theatre but weirdly that sort of feels every bit as long ago as that last gig!?……...but yeah - that last tour does not feel like 4 years ago!? (maybe that's a good thing!?, but it's a scary thing - "how quick" - when in the interim you have gone the other side of 60! ha!).   

3 hours ago, Walker in the sun said:

Hit the nail on the head there @BruceWho, get on with life cos you don’t know what is around the corner. Trust you are well on the way to good health.

I'm doing okay thanks WitS. 

Yeah that's it in a nutshell really. My wife and I had lost all of our parents (at ages 51 - 71) before our daughter was born in 2001 (came in to the world with no Grandparents - which is a big loss "anyway", but given what sort of people they all were...…….!!!).

So we have had that approach to life "anyway" since we lost the last one - my Dad aged 71 in 1998 - and that was a big part of us "going for it" on the reunion tour and doing 34 shows in 15 months in 7 countries incl. 3 trips to the States - from the opening in Barcelona to the last 2 nights at MSG, NYC - but these past few years (and us both having had cancer!) has heightened that outlook now and to be honest part of the resulting perspective has led to a certain level of apathy over the whole new album/tour scenario!

Don't get me wrong, I/we will enjoy it as much as the next person/fan (maybe "more" as in glad to be here to see it) when it eventually happens but in the meantime (whilst we wait) we are not really giving it much thought, and sure as hell are not wound up over it!, (and if any part of the delay is with regard to his Mum good luck to him - he should take as long as he needs, and have no regrets!!).     

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
5 hours ago, BruceWho said:

Being realistic I sadly don't envisage that happening in Europe on this next tour (whenever it may happen!?) as I think the demand will be huge (after a 4 year gap) - in the States yeah, and the States in the fall is the most likely "start" for the tour if it takes place IMHO - with down under being early 2021 - Europe summer of 2021 (and a return to Glastonbury!?) - and then (after the obligatory holiday in Italy in July) back to the States Aug/Sept 2021 for some outdoor venues there to wrap up the tour!

No Glastonbury festival as such taking place in 2021 according to the most recent reports.