Greasy Lake Community

RUMOUR: Springsteen Album and European Tour

With a possible vaccine or at least effective medicines in use before next summer, 2021 could be a vintage year for people going out and celebrating life. The Olympics, European football championship, and most importantly the start of a Bruce Springsteen world tour.
Here’s hoping. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dantheman12 said:

Don't know Brice but I hope Bruce is too.

My spell check changes Bruce to Brice sometimes.  We have a Brice in our organization and maybe it’s a default for it. 

• Haha 1

Because of the mass cancellation of gigs this year, and subsequent rescheduling, venues are starting to get booked up already for 2021.

eg - I have tickets for Queen and Adam Lambert scheduled for 1 June 2020. This has been put back to June 2021, along with their whole block booking at the O2. There's a list as long as your arm on Ticketmaster of gigs that have been mostly postponed to 2021.

If there's an ESB tour in the offing for 2021, maybe they'd better be making plans sooner rather than later..........

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, Pullinouttahere said:

Because of the mass cancellation of gigs this year, and subsequent rescheduling, venues are starting to get booked up already for 2021.

eg - I have tickets for Queen and Adam Lambert scheduled for 1 June 2020. This has been put back to June 2021, along with their whole block booking at the O2. There's a list as long as your arm on Ticketmaster of gigs that have been mostly postponed to 2021.

If there's an ESB tour in the offing for 2021, maybe they'd better be making plans sooner rather than later..........

On a side note: many acts/promoters are doing that, changing the year, without offering a proper refund option. I know the situation is difficult for them, and a lot of money is at stake, but this blunt rescheduling sucks when you have to travel to see the show. Most of what were weekend shows are now taking place over the week.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 7:30 PM, off99 said:

Yes, the truth is that we seem to be screwed. I hope that in this long stop there comes a time when at least the band can come together and get good study material. Then, I hope, come with a little bit of vitality to 2022.

8 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Will be interesting to see what the impending world recession does for concert ticket prices over the next couple of years. 

1 hour ago, bbb said:

A possible good thing to come out of this mess.  

Maybe for the fans and particularly for concert tickets for bigger acts - it is criminal paying over £50 for an arena seat way in the gods

BUT - I do worry about the smaller acts, mind. 

With streaming's dominance of the music market, concert tickets are their only hope for a career and survival - I'll happily pay £35 to support them at a smaller venue, and I always leave feeling like I got my money's worth.

We need to remember that the reason concert prices have gone up (again, no excuse really for the larger bands who charge far too much) is because streaming doesn't give the artist even a fraction of what a CD purchase would, and so having concert prices fall to pre-streaming levels would be a sucker punch for the music community

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

Maybe for the fans and particularly for concert tickets for bigger acts - it is criminal paying over £50 for an arena seat way in the gods

BUT - I do worry about the smaller acts, mind. 

With streaming's dominance of the music market, concert tickets are their only hope for a career and survival - I'll happily pay £35 to support them at a smaller venue, and I always leave feeling like I got my money's worth.

We need to remember that the reason concert prices have gone up (again, no excuse really for the larger bands who charge far too much) is because streaming doesn't give the artist even a fraction of what a CD purchase would, and so having concert prices fall to pre-streaming levels would be a sucker punch for the music community

The smaller acts don't charge insane prices.  I don't think theirs will go down.  I think the days of $300 uppers for dinosaur acts is over for awhile.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bbb said:

The smaller acts don't charge insane prices.  I don't think theirs will go down.  I think the days of $300 uppers for dinosaur acts is over for awhile.  

Oh yeah that was partially my point, I completely agree

But I was meaning I remember smaller acts having ticket prices going for £15 even 5 years ago - now it’s more like £35. I’m just hoping they don’t fall back down to £15 because otherwise they just won’t survive

But, as you said, I don’t think that will be the case - here’s hoping bigger concerts can become more affordable again. I didn’t get eagles tickets for this summer because they were extortionate (not that it matters now, probably)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

Oh yeah that was partially my point, I completely agree

But I was meaning I remember smaller acts having ticket prices going for £15 even 5 years ago - now it’s more like £35. I’m just hoping they don’t fall back down to £15 because otherwise they just won’t survive

But, as you said, I don’t think that will be the case - here’s hoping bigger concerts can become more affordable again. I didn’t get eagles tickets for this summer because they were extortionate (not that it matters now, probably)

Yeah, I bit the bullet on Eagles (luckily, it was one of Glenn Frey's last concerts), Fleetwood Mac and a few others that were ridiculously priced.  But,  then I skipped both of them when they came through again at even higher prices (and with Glenn and Lindsey, respectively)............At a lower price, I would have went again.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, bbb said:

Yeah, I bit the bullet on Eagles (luckily, it was one of Glenn Frey's last concerts), Fleetwood Mac and a few others that were ridiculously priced.  But,  then I skipped both of them when they came through again at even higher prices (and with Glenn and Lindsey, respectively)............At a lower price, I would have went again.  

Rolling Stones, The Who, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seger, Aerosmith, Tom Petty - all artists I like, some more than others, but was satisfied to see only once due to absurd pricing. If I wasn't a fanatic Bruce would be on that list. His prices became unreasonable after 2009. 

8 minutes ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

Rolling Stones, The Who, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seger, Aerosmith, Tom Petty - all artists I like, some more than others, but was satisfied to see only once due to absurd pricing. If I wasn't a fanatic Bruce would be on that list. His prices became unreasonable after 2009. 

Good to see you, Hero!  It seemed like Seger and Petty were a little less but it was 5 years ago or so for both...........Eagles, Stones, Who, and FM stood out as ones that I didn't repeat because of the prices.  I had seen them all in another life anyway.  Stones and the Who many times.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bbb said:

I was wanting to see Fleetwood Mac last summer but, as you say, the prices were insane - especially for someone like me who only really knows the hits

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

I was wanting to see Fleetwood Mac last summer but, as you say, the prices were insane - especially for someone like me who only really knows the hits

Well, they have so many of them that that's all they really play. It really was a great show, but Lindsey was the MC and guitar hero - I don't see how it's even close to as good without him.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

I'm thinking concerts will be a MASSIVE gamble for nx year I just don't see 80,000 people in Stadiums happening any time it's now I'n very thankful of all the concerts I been too all the citys I've seen we shall see.........

I booked my first concert in months the other day - February in a small UK venue - very optimistic I feel...

The more worrying thing for people must be money wrapped up in concert tickets - I have hundreds of pounds spent on concert tickets in limbo (the concerts have been rescheduled or organisers are ‘trying to reschedule’, but I have no access to the money for refunds etc)

On 7/12/2020 at 10:05 PM, BobbyJames said:

I booked my first concert in months the other day - February in a small UK venue - very optimistic I feel...

The more worrying thing for people must be money wrapped up in concert tickets - I have hundreds of pounds spent on concert tickets in limbo (the concerts have been rescheduled or organisers are ‘trying to reschedule’, but I have no access to the money for refunds etc)

I've been lucky had automatic refund for Hyde Park P Jam & GnR @ Tottenham you can submit a claim for a refund so got my money back for that as well have The Who tixs in Cardiff in March I'm sure it's not going too happen tho.

Festivals IOW,DL,Glasto, R&L over 100,000 cant see any them happening either.

• Like 1