BobbyJames

RUMOUR: Springsteen Album and European Tour

6 hours ago, thomam said:

Or the Castle esplanade...

Even better !

New Stevie Interview....

To wrap up, there have been a lot of Bruce interviews in recent months where he says the E Street Band are touring in 2020. Are you pretty sure it’s going to happen?
Until I see a press release, I don’t care what he says, alright? I mean, I’ve gotten in trouble before, so I’ve learned my lesson. I don’t care what he says. Yes, I hope so. I even may think so. But until there’s a press release, all I can say is that I hope so and I think so.

Are you ready fore a two-year tour?
Yeah. To be honest with you, it’s like a vacation.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/steven-van-zandt-interview-marriage-bruce-springsteen-sopranos-933523/

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

47 minutes ago, NoSurrender81 said:

New Stevie Interview....

To wrap up, there have been a lot of Bruce interviews in recent months where he says the E Street Band are touring in 2020. Are you pretty sure it’s going to happen?
Until I see a press release, I don’t care what he says, alright? I mean, I’ve gotten in trouble before, so I’ve learned my lesson. I don’t care what he says. Yes, I hope so. I even may think so. But until there’s a press release, all I can say is that I hope so and I think so.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/steven-van-zandt-interview-marriage-bruce-springsteen-sopranos-933523/

Vacation? There have been times when he seemed vacant on stage.

So good to see him back as a bandleader these past couple of years. Rejuvenated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoSurrender81 said:

New Stevie Interview....

I know it’s just stevie being stevie , but that’s gotta sound a bit positive hasn’t it! 

fingers crossed 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 minute ago, ukjohnney said:

I know it’s just stevie being stevie , but that’s gotta sound a bit positive hasn’t it! 

fingers crossed 

Sorry, but I keep coming back to Bruce's mum's health.  We all know, pretty much, that's why he hasn't gone anywhere for years, touring wise.

I would assume that his mum's situation dominates all decisions regarding booking shows anywhere outside of the tri state area.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2020 at 5:15 PM, AMIW said:

and of course along the m4 and over the now free bridge the best stadium in Europe the millenium stadium in Cardiff..

....and Cardiff would welcome Bossman with open arms !!!!:D

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 6:48 PM, Lampi said:

Are there already rumours Steve is not able to tour because of all the other things he is busy with, so he will be replaced by Tom Morello?

Hes with Rage this summer I believe.

• Like 1

Just a long shot, but a tour with a new band ???? Maybe a few ESBers but the WS backing band seemed to have impressed Bruce...so is this92/93 all over again?

22 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Just a long shot, but a tour with a new band ???? Maybe a few ESBers but the WS backing band seemed to have impressed Bruce...so is this92/93 all over again?

I did love Evert Bradly and Curtis and Cindy

But im hoping for a guitar heavy (no Morrello mind you) record

48 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Good point, well made! 

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Sorry, but I keep coming back to Bruce's mum's health.  We all know, pretty much, that's why he hasn't gone anywhere for years, touring wise.

I would assume that his mum's situation dominates all decisions regarding booking shows anywhere outside of the tri state area.

Yeah I suppose I know this too, and I guess I agree, (without any inside info, just a mother in a similar situation) he needs to do what he feels is right and has earned the power to be able do that too. 

Time will tell one way or another I guess!   

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Quite true.

I also think if Jessica makes the American Olympic team this summer in Japan he will understandably want to be there as well, which could also be a factor in any touring plans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thunder Roadie said:

35 minutes ago, ukjohnney said:

Good point, well made! 

Er...that was not a serious post....

43 minutes ago, ukjohnney said:

Yeah I suppose I know this too, and I guess I agree, (without any inside info, just a mother in a similar situation) he needs to do what he feels is right and has earned the power to be able do that too. 

Sorry about your mum Johnny

Its a horrid disease 

I hope your mum still has good days and remembers you and recognises you 

And i hope she has the very best of carers

everyone's life just hangs in limbo when a parent or God forbit a spouse, has demetia 

It's so cruel to everyone

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Quite true.

I also think if Jessica makes the American Olympic team this summer in Japan he will understandably want to be there as well, which could also be a factor in any touring plans.

This good work very well for Japanese fans 

Or maybe he just wants to take in the cherry blossoms (i have no idea when the Olympics are)

30 minutes ago, Lampi said:

It is true though! 

coachella and all that! 

13 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Sorry about your mum Johnny

Its a horrid disease 

I hope your mum still has good days and remembers you and recognises you 

And i hope she has the very best of carers

everyone's life just hangs in limbo when a parent or God forbit a spouse, has demetia 

It's so cruel to everyone

Thanks, it’s not too bad yet , but it’s far from great , but 90s a good age I suppose too! 

• Like 1

Think we're a bit late for a Euro summer tour. River 2016 was an exception, the logistics to plan a tour like this are ridiculous so I'd be very surprised, unless they've already planned it but I haven't seen any believable rumours so far, surely we would have heard something by now. Just a gut feeling. Bring back the ESB in the fall for an indoor Euro tour like they did in '07. It's criminal that we've barely had any indoor shows in Europe the last decade. I have no problem with waiting an extra 6 months is that's the reward.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ukjohnney said:

Thanks, it’s not too bad yet , but it’s far from great , but 90s a good age I suppose too! 

90 something is a good age, but no one deserves altzimers/demetia :(

Enjoy the good days and do your best to remember them on the bad days 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Oh I see what you mean now,  I was just saying about Tom!   Silly me! :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, ukjohnney said:

Oh I see what you mean now,  I was just saying about Tom!   Silly me! :rolleyes:

Everything about Tom is silly :lol:

Especially those guitar strings 

I'm sure Bruce would very much appreciate how people here rack their brain to find venues for him.

1 hour ago, ukjohnney said:

Yep. He owes us nothing.  But probably owes his mum everything.

• Like 1

This may have already been posted

But if i missed it someone else may have missed it too 

It only briefly touches on a possibly tour but its a good little read 

22 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

This may have already been posted

But if i missed it someone else may have missed it too 

It only briefly touches on a possibly tour but its a good little read 

Was mentioned earlier today but I like your detective work nonetheless!!

• Thanks 1