Greasy Lake Community

RUMOUR: Springsteen Album and European Tour

4 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Tom Morello is a beast of a guitar player :ph34r:

Those guitar strings do look like they belong to some sort of beast

Honestly its alnost more tempting to snip these than it is those top knot hair buns you see on young men :lol:

tom-morello-audioslave.jpg

• Haha 3

Just now, sonicramone said:

And a heck of a nice person.   My wife met him in Cincinnati, and he couldn't have been nicer.

Well that's actually nice to know:)

Niceness is very underrated 

• Like 3

That's from the leg of the tour when bastard frontier touring would not bring a show to chch when the people needed cheering up the  most 

2 hours ago, Ozboss1999 said:

He's fantastic. Was hugely popular in Australia, and rightly so.

rainbow-video-zippy-G5HT59.jpg

10 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Just reading an article online his daughter Jess is competing in this years summer Olympics & also Bruce will want too be there this starts 24th July ends 9th Aug making less chance of him being on the Rd.

Oh, I didn't know she made the team!  Thanks for the info.

11 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Just reading an article online his daughter Jess is competing in this years summer Olympics & also Bruce will want too be there this starts 24th July ends 9th Aug making less chance of him being on the Rd.

Perfect gap between end of European stadium leg and start of US stadium leg. 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

Wasn’t she riding in events in 2016 also? I believe he was flying in and out to ensure he could support her as much as he could. This won’t determine a tour schedule.

36 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Inclined to see us tour for 4/5 months from sept. A break and then an extensive summer 2021 tour of Europe .This would fit in better with other e streeters touring commitments too.

I didn’t realise any other member of the band currently has any tour plans? Nobody is on the road as far as I’m aware?

37 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Inclined to see us tour for 4/5 months from sept. A break and then an extensive summer 2021 tour of Europe .This would fit in better with other e streeters touring commitments too.

It’s entirely possible we’re getting European Arenas, not stadiums, which is not season specific. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s done with long stadium runs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Albert1980 said:

Why? The 35th anniversary was last year (album released in 1984). I’d assume they’re going to risk it and hold on to the 40th.

2005-Born To Run; 2010-Darkness; 2015-River. And Darkness was the 32th anniversary.

To be fair, it seems the Darkness box was first scheduled for 2008 -30th anniversary just like Born To Run-but was postponed because of other things (first Magic Tour lasting longer than expected when it began in 2007, followed by WOAD album and WOAD Tour).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Albert1980 said:

It’s entirely possible we’re getting European Arenas, not stadiums, which is not season specific. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s done with long stadium runs.

And miss out on all those $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I doubt it.

;)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lampi said:

2005-Born To Run; 2010-Darkness; 2015-River. And Darkness was the 32th anniversary.

To be fair, it seems the Darkness box was first scheduled for 2008 -30th anniversary just like Born To Run-but was postponed because of other things (first Magic Tour lasting longer than expected when it began in 2007, followed by WOAD album and WOAD Tour).

To be fair, The a Promise wasn’t really billed as a Darkness ‘anniversary’ though, more simply just the ‘story’, so I don’t think you should look 05/10/15 link.

its widely known there’s a new album that’s been written (Bruce has said this) and it was (again, Bruce’s words) supposedly being recorded late last year.

5 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

And miss out on all those $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I doubt it.

;)

You mean Managenent/Promoters/Labels missing out on all those $$$$$$$$ ;)

He’s 70, almost 71 by the time they get back out on the road so I’d seriously consider the possibility of arenas over stadiums; at least for the first leg.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Albert1980 said:

You mean Managenent/Promoters/Labels missing out on all those $$$$$$$$ ;)

He’s 70, almost 71 by the time they get back out on the road so I’d seriously consider the possibility of arenas over stadiums; at least for the first leg.

Do you think that it's more strenuous to play stadiums than arenas then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albert1980 said:

I didn’t realise any other member of the band currently has any tour plans? Nobody is on the road as far as I’m aware?

I think Nils is touring with Neil and Crazy Horse this Summer.