Sign in to follow this  
LeoGetz

Derbies in Greece...

I don't get or like the flares shit Leo, i prefer old fashion singing your head off :D

I just watch that and think..health and safety ..they all should have safety glasses on  :ph34r:

Am heading to Belgrade today for tomorrow’s Eternal derby which should be quite an experience.

Sensibly (not, lol), the authorities have gone for a 6.00 pm kick off.

55,000 crazed Serbians at Red Star’s stadium for what they reckon is one of footie’s most fervent atmospheres etc.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:14 PM, newcastle roy said:

I don't get or like the flares shit Leo, i prefer old fashion singing your head off :D

I just watch that and think..health and safety ..they all should have safety glasses on  :ph34r:

I'm with you Roy, nae a fan of pyrotechnics at any time, far less at the fitba.

• Like 1

Sorry.....tried to cut and paste a You Tube clip, but failed miserably.

It is entitled 'fans fight each other, riots, and bombs - Red Star Belgrade vs Partizan derby - you tube.

Worth watching...absolutely bonkers out there. 5,000 police on duty, terrible game but the most incredible football experience I have ever witnessed.

The you tube vlog the young English guy has put together captures the whole event perfectly.

Worth remembering......in case you are wondering how the hell all the fireworks and stuff gets into the stadium....the Ultras are all powerful and it seems they have considerable control when it comes to 'match day.

If anyone knows of a more highly charged European derby out there, do let me know - Belgrade is unreal.