Sign in to follow this  
Jerseyfornia

Born To Run (acoustic, 1988)

It is indeed sublimely beautiful

I just love it

I had chimes of freedom on a funny little disk that needed a top loading cd played so i never actually heard it for years

Boy what a lovelly surprise when i heard it finally

• Like 4

I love this version, I remember buying the mini cd with it on only to find when I opened it the wrong cd had been packaged ??

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

I always felt the spoken intro - which I first heard on the Roses & Broken Hearts boot - make this even *more* special, and thought it was a shame it never made it to the official release.  I get that it would be dull with repeat listenings, but damn, it gets me in the feels when I listen to either the Mountain View or LA versions... 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I first became aware of this version on my brothers very expensive imported (Stereo!) VHS of the Video Anthology. the two videos I wanted to watch over and over were this and Spare Parts with that haunting Roy Bittan intro into Nils on the slide.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

The highlight of the 88 show for me.

I'm a perennial cryer at gigs, this one had me in floods.

The spoken intro played a part........"....this song has kept me good company on my journey, I hope it's kept you good company on yours....".

Wonderful.

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Ok, since I don't believe anyone else will step up and say they don't like it, I will! Not that there is anything wrong with it. Just not my cup of tea. 

Three thinks with this song:

1. Greatest Song by Bruce. 

2. If i went to a show and it wasn't played, I'd be pissed!

3. If I went to a show and it was played like this, I'd be pissed!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I’m a big fan. Love the version on the Anthology. In fact I loved every bit of tour footage from those shows. The stuff mixed into Tougher is brilliant.

I digress.

Not sure I’d care to hear it played like this at every tour but fantastic in 88 and just reflective of how much he wanted to shake those shows up. 

• Like 5

I remember this version rarely left my turn table in'88, the year I first saw Bruce in Bramall Lane......astounding. I loved his Chimes of Freedom rendition of that time too.

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Ok, since I don't believe anyone else will step up and say they don't like it, I will! Not that there is anything wrong with it. Just not my cup of tea. 

Three thinks with this song:

1. Greatest Song by Bruce. 

2. If i went to a show and it wasn't played, I'd be pissed!

3. If I went to a show and it was played like this, I'd be pissed!

In my impossible dream set list (where the 78 intro PIAN  and racing take up the first hour) full band BTR near the front of the setlist and acoustic BTR to close the show in the 2nd encore

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Ok, since I don't believe anyone else will step up and say they don't like it, I will!

You have a slight obsession thinking people will never say how they feel for fear of criticizing Bruce, or if you don't like something how can so many others - case in point your problem with people calling Western Stars a "masterpiece" only coz it's Bruce.  

If someone doesn't like this version of BTR, why in the hell wouldn't they just say it Jimbo?  Weird, very weird.  

Only a dipshit would argue that person who doesn't like the song ain't a "real" fan or some damned thing or they are being negative.  Pure absurdity. 

Oh and I've said this for yonks but this version far surpasses the original for me - a song I don't even particularly care for and never have.  

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

You have a slight obsession thinking people will never say how they feel for fear of criticizing Bruce, or if you don't like something how can so many others

And yet here we are, I'm the only one, standing on this island by myself. :rolleyes:

So?  Why would anyone not want to admit to not liking this version of BTR?  

I mean who the hell cares? 

I love this song, each and every time I hear it. My personal favourite is from SOB, but I'll take it however he chooses to deliver it.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

And yet here we are, I'm the only one, standing on this island by myself. :rolleyes:

I'm with ya JJ!

Not really. Absolutely not, actually. I just thought the brief second of not being alone would make you feel better.  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pregnant Sally said:

So?  Why would anyone not want to admit to not liking this version of BTR?  

Maybe because you're lurking around the corner? 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

gif didn't work

What does g i f stand for ?

Im hopeless with acronyms

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

a lossless format for image files that supports both animated and static images

The unpopular opinion topic is proof enough Lakers are not afraid to express their unpopular opinions.

• Haha 2

Just now, Jimmy James said:

a lossless format for image files that supports both animated and static images

Teck talk:unsure:

No wonder i never heard of it :lol:

Where did your St Lewis avitar picture go ?

Im thinking about reinstating my Porto Rican flag depending on how bad this swam of earthquakes have been that Fox news alerted me to

3 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Where did your St Lewis avitar picture go ?

It will be back, but it's soccer(football) season, and my club needs all the support they can get right now. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

It will be back, but it's soccer(football) season, and my club needs all the support they can get right now. 

Our national cricket team is in disgrace, no way will the black caps be gracing my avitar ! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Graphics Interchange Format

• Haha 1