Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy James

The Official 2020 NHL Tread

Wasn't going to start this until the playoff's but something special happened last night, only the 13th time in history. 

Not just because of this, but how would you like to be a Blackhawk fan now a days! :rolleyes:

I don't know the dates of the other 12 times a goalie has scored a goal but I would guess that it is less common since they reduced the area that goalies are allowed to play the puck.

14 hours ago, burghfan said:

I don't know the dates of the other 12 times a goalie has scored a goal but I would guess that it is less common since they reduced the area that goalies are allowed to play the puck.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/30832/12-times-nhl-goalies-scored-goals-themselves

All of them are from the modern era.  Last one in 2011. So you maybe correct.

Green Day to perform free outdoor concert in front of the Enterprise Center here in the Lou. Before the NHL all-star game. 1/25/2020. 

• Like 1

My son plays club hockey down in Cincinnati.  By no means "good hockey", but it's fun and he gets a chance to hit and get hit on occasion.  Anyway, they've teamed up with their brother school out of Louisville to play at Nationwide Arena in Columbus this Saturday immediately after the Blue Jackets v. NJ Devils game.

Should be a great memory playing on the same ice as the big guys....really looking forward to it.

• Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, sonicramone said:

My son plays club hockey down in Cincinnati.  By no means "good hockey", but it's fun and he gets a chance to hit and get hit on occasion.  Anyway, they've teamed up with their brother school out of Louisville to play at Nationwide Arena in Columbus this Saturday immediately after the Blue Jackets v. NJ Devils game.

Should be a great memory playing on the same ice as the big guys....really looking forward to it.

That’s great! Make sure to take lots of photos of him and his friends on the logo at center ice. It’s a unique opportunity  

I used to compete in adult synchronized figure skating.  One of my teammates worked for Madison Square Garden.  She arranged for our team to have one of our practices on the Rangers ice at MSG.  I absolutely treasure the photos I have of me skating on the Rangers logo in the middle of MSG.