Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy James

The Official 2020 NHL Tread

Wasn't going to start this until the playoff's but something special happened last night, only the 13th time in history. 

Not just because of this, but how would you like to be a Blackhawk fan now a days! :rolleyes:

I don't know the dates of the other 12 times a goalie has scored a goal but I would guess that it is less common since they reduced the area that goalies are allowed to play the puck.

14 hours ago, burghfan said:

I don't know the dates of the other 12 times a goalie has scored a goal but I would guess that it is less common since they reduced the area that goalies are allowed to play the puck.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/30832/12-times-nhl-goalies-scored-goals-themselves

All of them are from the modern era.  Last one in 2011. So you maybe correct.

Green Day to perform free outdoor concert in front of the Enterprise Center here in the Lou. Before the NHL all-star game. 1/25/2020. 

• Like 1

My son plays club hockey down in Cincinnati.  By no means "good hockey", but it's fun and he gets a chance to hit and get hit on occasion.  Anyway, they've teamed up with their brother school out of Louisville to play at Nationwide Arena in Columbus this Saturday immediately after the Blue Jackets v. NJ Devils game.

Should be a great memory playing on the same ice as the big guys....really looking forward to it.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, sonicramone said:

My son plays club hockey down in Cincinnati.  By no means "good hockey", but it's fun and he gets a chance to hit and get hit on occasion.  Anyway, they've teamed up with their brother school out of Louisville to play at Nationwide Arena in Columbus this Saturday immediately after the Blue Jackets v. NJ Devils game.

Should be a great memory playing on the same ice as the big guys....really looking forward to it.

That’s great! Make sure to take lots of photos of him and his friends on the logo at center ice. It’s a unique opportunity  

I used to compete in adult synchronized figure skating.  One of my teammates worked for Madison Square Garden.  She arranged for our team to have one of our practices on the Rangers ice at MSG.  I absolutely treasure the photos I have of me skating on the Rangers logo in the middle of MSG.  

• Like 1

After beating Toronto last night the Penguins are now in first place in the Metropolitan Division, @VABOSSFAN 's Caps are now in 2nd.  The Pens also have a game in hand since the Caps have played 1 more game.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, burghfan said:

After beating Toronto last night the Penguins are now in first place in the Metropolitan Division, @VABOSSFAN 's Caps are now in 2nd.  The Pens also have a game in hand since the Caps have played 1 more game.

They play each other 3 more times this year including this Sunday.  Race for the top spot should go right down to the last games.

Hey look who it is! What are we looking at here? I can't blow it up to see what the numbers show. 

Went to my first game of the season last night. Went with a customer, and didn't enjoy the game as much as should have, as we(wife and I) had to entertain more than watching the game. Great game with a lot of goals 6-5 blues over the hated Blackhawks. 

Plus we all get a free Taco today from Taco Bell, promotion after scoring 6 goals. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Hey look who it is! What are we looking at here? I can't blow it up to see what the numbers show. 

I'm not too sure why it's so blurry but it represents each team's playoff chances, from making the playoffs to winning the cup. Each circle is the likelihood of them making it to the next round. They're giving the Knights the best shot at winning the cup I think, followed by the Lightning, Blues, Flyers, and Bruins or Capitals.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WhereLoveRuled said:

Been a while, just wanted to share this. Looking good for several fans here.

Screenshot_20200226-100231_Reddit.jpg

so you're sayin' there's a chance    image.png.e674500fda9819e7c171aab9fa671654.png 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rtb said:

so you're sayin' there's a chance    image.png.e674500fda9819e7c171aab9fa671654.png 

About as good as a chance as the Blues had last year! ;)

4 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

About as good as a chance as the Blues had last year! ;)

sign me up :D ..... Did Laura Branigan have any more hits?

17 minutes ago, rtb said:

sign me up :D ..... Did Laura Branigan have any more hits?

That was the stupidest thing. St. Louis just can't go out and win, we have to have a gimmick. One year the Cardinals had the rally squirrel, this Gloria song. 

17 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

That was the stupidest thing. St. Louis just can't go out and win, we have to have a gimmick. One year the Cardinals had the rally squirrel, this Gloria song. 

well our last cup is already 25 years old.  If it takes a little voodoo to get over the finish line then it has to be done.   

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Shut down!!!

From NHL.COM

National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman on Thursday released the following statement regarding the 2019-20 NHL season:

"In light of ongoing developments resulting from the coronavirus, and after consulting with medical experts and convening a conference call of the Board of Governors, the National Hockey League is announcing today that it will pause the 2019-20 season beginning with tonight's games.

"The NHL has been attempting to follow the mandates of health experts and local authorities, while preparing for any possible developments without taking premature or unnecessary measures. However, following last night's news that an NBA player has tested positive for coronavirus -- and given that our leagues share so many facilities and locker rooms and it now seems likely that some member of the NHL community would test positive at some point -- it is no longer appropriate to try to continue to play games at this time.

"We will continue to monitor all the appropriate medical advice, and we will encourage our players and other members of the NHL community to take all reasonable precautions -- including by self-quarantine, where appropriate. Our goal is to resume play as soon as it is appropriate and prudent, so that we will be able to complete the season and award the Stanley Cup. Until then, we thank NHL fans for your patience and hope you stay healthy."

The NHL Players' Association also released a statement Thursday.

"The decision to temporarily suspend play due to the COVID-19 pandemic is an appropriate course of action at this time.

"The NHLPA will continue to closely monitor this very dynamic situation and remain in daily discussions with the League, our medical consultants, and our players regarding all aspects of this matter. The players are looking forward to the opportunity to resume play in front of hockey fans everywhere."

Just now, WhereLoveRuled said:

Updated playoff odds

bxbk5oild9m41.jpg

While made in jest that might be pretty accurate.  In a normal year the Stanley Cup Finals finish up in the 1st or 2nd week of June, then training camp opens in the 2nd week of September.  The teams in the Finals only have a 3 month off season, so how long can they pause the season before it impacts next year?

18 hours ago, burghfan said:

While made in jest that might be pretty accurate.  In a normal year the Stanley Cup Finals finish up in the 1st or 2nd week of June, then training camp opens in the 2nd week of September.  The teams in the Finals only have a 3 month off season, so how long can they pause the season before it impacts next year?

Yeah it's going to be tough. They asked arenas to be available until July, but it took China three months of very strict quarantines to get under control so I would wager this is going to take a bit longer here. They may choose to wait a month and then play without fans if the players are cleared.