EFC Refugee

NEW VINYL Re-issues Feb 21st.

Five modern classic Bruce Springsteen albums are coming to vinyl February 21. ’18 Tracks,’ ‘Live In New York City,’ ‘The Rising’ and ‘Devils & Dust’ will be pressed on LP for the first time since their original releases between 1999 and 2005; additionally, ‘Live In Dublin,’ recorded with The Sessions Band, will be available on vinyl for the first time ever. Pre-order now https://brucespringsteen.lnk.to/Vinyl-LPs

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Wonder if these are Plangeant Processed or not. Getting Dublin, anyways.

I guess I've to get LINYC now since it features lost in the flood... Even though I don't own a record player. It might look fancy on the shelf. 

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

There is something about Live In NYC with the (original) vinyl version different from the cd version; different mix? Other sound?

42 minutes ago, Lampi said:

There is something about Live In NYC with the (original) vinyl version different from the cd version; different mix? Other sound?

If I remember, the original vinyl used a different source that was alllegedly superior to the "regular" master.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wout said:

I guess I've to get LINYC now since it features lost in the flood... Even though I don't own a record player. It might look fancy on the shelf. 

It does look fancy on the shelf; I think I'm one of the few who actually likes the cover, I remember so many people being disappointed by it. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Wonder if these are Plangeant Processed or not. Getting Dublin, anyways.

As I understand it, the plangent process is for analog master reel tape recordings in the pre digital age. But I may be wrong. I believe that “volume 2” was not plangent process remastering as they were already digital recordings. 
I bought volume 2 on CD from CDJapan, so I hope they also release these new remastered albums on CD, if indeed they are actually remastered. 

• Like 2

There doesn’t seem to be any info about any remastering? So is this just a re-issue? Except  obviously those of these for which this is a first issue. 

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

As I understand it, the plangent process is for analog master reel tape recordings in the pre digital age. But I may be wrong. I believe that “volume 2” was not plangent process remastering as they were already digital recordings. 
I bought volume 2 on CD from CDJapan, so I hope they also release these new remastered albums on CD, if indeed they are actually remastered. 

Ah, yes, that makes sense. But Tunnel was Bruce's first digital recording, if I'm not mistaken.

But these re-issues aren't being touted as remasters, which I would think they would be if they were.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Ah, yes, that makes sense. But Tunnel was Bruce's first digital recording, if I'm not mistaken.

But these re-issues aren't being touted as remasters, which I would think they would be if they were.

I also have CD Japan set and Volume 2 box set was plangent processed and remastered from original analogue sources.  Sounds like these latest ones are not remastered though, likely because they are digital files as you say.

• Like 3

On 1/10/2020 at 6:41 PM, mjmal51 said:

Prices from £24.99 to £129.99 (for the bundle)

http://www.badlands.co.uk/springsteen-store/

For fans in the UK planning to buy any of the re-issues on vinyl a quick check shows that Devils and Dust and 18 tracks are showing up in Amazon uk at £26.59 each  but Amazon France after conversion at £16.85 each normally  Amazon delivery from Europe to uk is fast ( just bought from Germany delivery 2 days ) but as it will be after Jan 31st just beware 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Shame these releases aren't available as a box-set, same as the first two in the archive series.

26 minutes ago, risingaurora said:

boring. 

Do you know how rare (and very expensive) the original vinyl releases of those albums are?

(But I respect your opinion of course)

• Like 2

No. I have most of the original vinyl albums. Re issue, re package, re master - its all blah blah blah, nothing new. 

• Like 1

Comment below the post about these reissues on superdeluxeedition.com:

There’s a deluge of expensive new Springsteen tat every Xmas..
This year year I got away with only having to buy my wife 2 CDs and 1 Blu-ray.
Thankfully she was never interested in vinyl,
even back in the early 80s,
when I first discovered she suffered from the incurable Springsteen addiction illness..
Please let’s hope the Springsteen industry don’t start reissuing cassettes…

:lol:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

Comment below the post about these reissues on superdeluxeedition.com:

There’s a deluge of expensive new Springsteen tat every Xmas..
This year year I got away with only having to buy my wife 2 CDs and 1 Blu-ray.
Thankfully she was never interested in vinyl,
even back in the early 80s,
when I first discovered she suffered from the incurable Springsteen addiction illness..
Please let’s hope the Springsteen industry don’t start reissuing cassettes…

:lol:

I have about 4 cassettes factory wrapped somewhere :lol:

I feel happy and nostalgic when i look at them 

I would love Nebraska on 8 track 

I really look forward to 18 Tracks & The Rising on vinyl. And, o yeah, Live In NYC...!
Didn't bought them on vinyl at the time and "18 Tracks" will be new anyway (have
the Tracks box on CD though ^_^). 

But most of all I'm thrilled that these re-issues are released a good month before RSD...! :D

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 12:49 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

I have about 4 cassettes factory wrapped somewhere :lol:

I feel happy and nostalgic when i look at them 

I would love Nebraska on 8 track 

Can't wait for the MiniDisc reissues!

• Haha 1