THUE

Neil Peart has Died

OMG, I usually don't respond to these kinds of threads, because they make me sad. But this is a stunner, as I had no idea. I'm very sad.  

Just got back from lunch and Rush was playing on the radio, had no idea until I read this.  

So very sad.  Rush have toured this last while and I think they remained close throughout the years.  Regardless, shocking news and another one gone.

Not much of a Rush fan but one cannot deny Neil's gift and contribution to music.

Godspeed Neil.

Undeniably one of the greatest drummers, ever. Very sad. 

Very sad news.

I was (still am) a Rush fan before I discovered Bruce.  Quite simply the best drummer I ever saw.  An absolute master of his craft.

RIP Neil.

• Like 1

Shit ☹️

Oh my gosh! :(

Long day and just got in...Had not heard this news....Heartbroken....THE greatest drummer of all time....RIP sir.

• Like 1

Absolutely gutted tonight to hear that Rush drummer Neil Peart has died after a 3 year battle against brain cancer,

In my early teens I was a huge Rush fan and saw them several times in the early 80's including one memorable gig in 1980 at the Apollo in Glasgow when I was 15. Peart was quite simply without any shadow of a doubt the greatest drummer I have  ever seen or heard. I hate drum solos, but seeing a Neil Peart drum solo live in concert was a breathtaking experience. Have a look at one on YouTube if you want to see what I mean. The man was just a machine and technically brilliant. 

He was also a hugely intelligent man who wrote the bands lyrics which were quite incredible. 

I went off them a bit around the mid 80's but then I went to their 40 year anniversary show at the SECC in Glasgow in 2004 and they were still amazing in concert and Neil was still as awesome as ever. Really sad to see one of my all time heroes of music pass away too young. Thanks for the memories.

RIP Neil

• Like 4

So sad,  what a talent!   Privileged to have seen him 4 times.

Rest in Peace Neil. 

• Like 1

Sad. 

I only got into Rush around the time of the Time Machine tour (2011). The almost universal rave reviews attracted my attention.  Not really sure why I previously ignored them. The are now one of my favourite bands of all time and I believe one of the great misunderstood rock acts of all time. I actually love their 80's stuff. In tribute I'll sing Marathon to myself on my run around the local woods this morning. 

• Like 3

Such sad news to wake up to. The Professor will always be the greatest as far as I am concerned. RIP.

• Like 2

His drum kits over the years were unreal. Surely the biggest kits in rock music. Completely over the top but quite magnificent. He was a legend for sure.

Just an FYI....SiriusXM channel 27 (Deep Tracks) for a limited time is 24/7 RUSH in remembrance of Neil Peart....Along with the great music, they are playing interviews and stories by the band...They started over the weekend and not sure how long they’ll keep it.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Did I post something funny?

No, I apologize, it was meant to be a Thanks note, I changed it.

These damn emoji's will get your ass in trouble here, I'm just saying. ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Where in this article is Max's statement? 

giphy.gif