Sign in to follow this  
A Saint in the city

BRIT Awards 2020

2 minutes ago, ukjohnney said:

Bruce lost out to THAT?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ukjohnney said:

What a surprise that Bruce didn’t win, he  was up against the grinch (he has done other great stuff too you know!) 

Is that for real??

Take yer face for a shite!!

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Bruce lost out to THAT?

To be fair that was from a kids film , I have no real clue what his mainstream or regular output sounds like!  

Nor do I have any desire to find out! 

Bruce's demographic (most if us) are too old now. Popular culture chose to ignore us/Bruce  because we are perceived as old 

Award shows are nothing but marketing tools. They respond to the industry’s needs. Why would anyone still care about them?

• Like 2

Watched about 25 minutes of this shite last night (due mainly to the remote being just out of reach). Took away a few things: 1) I don't know anyone or any thing about 'current' music, 2) you don't need tunes anymore (that Bond theme?? Someone called Celeste - what happened to her partner Daphne btw?) , 3) it's an entertainment industry, isn't it? Nope, apparently not, 4) Jack Whitehall is still unfunny, and 5) award shows are still boring and embarrassing. Yes, call me old, grumpy, out of touch and not in the demographic etc. but what a dreary self-congratulatory vapid shower of piss that was. Oh, and my toes are still to uncurl after Whitehall's fake 'flirting' with someone called Lizzo (who?) and excruciating interview with the incredibly cool (i.e. aloof) and now seemingly serious and credible artiste (?!) Harry Styles (dressed as a highlighter pen/Austin Powers). I assume I missed the best bits?  

• Haha 3

I saw 10 seconds on the news and was bored with it

Remember the Britannia music club that started all this. Sent you random LP's. 

4 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I saw 10 seconds on the news and was bored with it

I don't usually bother with it but watched it all this year. Very enjoyable!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elbow said:

Remember the Britannia music club that started all this. Sent you random LP's. 

I do indeed. Pretty sure I still owe them in some capacity. Ah, the memories. Mind you, I had completely forgotten they were to blame for this. Then again, I rarely watch any award shows as I assume that Ant and Dec will win everything.

• Haha 2