Sign in to follow this  
Bosstralian

Live In Hyde Park Gets The Treatment

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

It was 11 years ago now, Daisey. This show and the WOAD Tour ain't that young anymore. 

If Hyde Park is 'retro', what the hell is Hammersmith? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

If Hyde Park is 'retro', what the hell is Hammersmith? 

So are we saying I should give different eras different titles? Like Hammersmith would be "Old School E Street Review", Kilkenny 2013 would be, erm, actually what would Kilkenny 2013 be? 

• Haha 1

1975 is title of the Godfather bootleg of the opening night of the Born To Run Tour, Providence 20 July 1975.

This version of Night could be the best since it was the opening song of the 77 tour.

They sound very 75-77 in the mix, I like that alot. Bruce really sing/play it like he means it. Great opening 3 pack.

And how I miss C...

• Love Love Love! 1

7 minutes ago, midnight_rambler said:

This version of Night could be the best since it was the opening song of the 77 tour.

They sound very 75-77 in the mix, I like that alot. Bruce really sing/play it like he means it. Great opening 3 pack.

And how I miss C...

Great version, but he annoyingly pulls away from the mic and lazily misses off singing ‘Night’ throughout. 

On 1/13/2020 at 1:59 PM, badlands78 said:

This one has never been my jam, even despite the surreal “Racing In The Street”.  Too many roadies and stage crates in the frame.  And there is something wrong about Bruce playing a show in sunlight.

For better examples of staging I refer to Barcelona 2002.

I’ve got Live in Barcelona in HD on blu ray (unofficial) and it’s stunning on a 4K upscaling blu ray player on a huge OLED TV.

You even forgive the less than stellar sound as you are totally absorbed in the performance on stage. It’s the definitive E Street live document on screen for me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I’ve got Live in Barcelona in HD on blu ray (unofficial) and it’s stunning on a 4K upscaling blu ray player on a huge OLED TV.

You even forgive the less than stellar sound as you are totally absorbed in the performance on stage. It’s the definitive E Street live document on screen for me. 

Yes it's great...however the Tempe show from 1980 released on the River box set is for me the ultimate live footage of Bruce.

Just out of this world.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Yes it's great...however the Tempe show from 1980 released on the River box set is for me the ultimate live footage of Bruce.

Just out of this world.

Both 10/10 for me. I play them regularly and absolutely adore them for different reasons, mainly the set lists. 

• Like 2

Watching my Barcelona blu ray now. I’m pumped. I’m getting ready for that concert buzz. I need E Street. I’ve been in Bruce overdrive mode for 3 months now since I met him. Let’s tour. The music has got to be riiigghhteeoouuss! 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

On 1/13/2020 at 11:46 PM, Bosstralian said:

More importantly, what's next? By my reckoning, this is the last officially released DVD / Blu Ray they have for uploading.

Will that be it, or will we start seeing some unreleased treasures like the New Orleans Seeger videos they put up

What about 4k transfers of the official music videos? Most of them were on film, no? Would be a nice addition to a Born in the U.S.A box set campaign, although I'd especially like to see Brilliant Disguise in 4k. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

The rest of the 2005 pro filmed D&D full show in HD next would be fantastic to piece together for a blu ray. 

Which shows were filmed? 

I always thought the part in She's the One where he takes the guitar off and slides it up against the mic stand was so frickin cool.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

10 hours ago, Wout said:

Which shows were filmed? 

I think -from memory- Boston and/or Philadelphia?

Were the shows in Boston (or Foxboro?) in 2003 not filmed too?

According to Brucebase, the two shows in Boston were filmed, 28 October 2005 and 30 October 2005, and the last two shows of the tour in Trenton, 21 & 22 November 2005, for a planned DVD release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are we ready to build that house?

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

Are we ready to build that house?

I'm ready to fast forward yes