Sign in to follow this  
Bosstralian

Live In Hyde Park Gets The Treatment

18 hours ago, lilbud said:

this is one of the coolest video stills I've seen in a long time.

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Another song where the live version absolutely dominates the studio version

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Fantastic version and the mix of accordion and violin with some sublime guitar playing by Nils really sets this apart.

You wonder how they put the setlist together for this gig, do you think on the bus, helicopter, limo out of Glastonbury there was a committee meeting that they decided that Hyde Park was getting all the songs that the Glasto crowd would not have enjoyed nor understood?

6 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

God i love the Extended La Bamba intro on this one ....Some great sign collection music on this tour ...Green Onions in Buffalo ...i got Raise Your Hand at Nassau in 2009 ....good memories.

Providing there are no breaks, Racing in the Street should go up next Wednesday 2/19

• Like 1

Maybe they will keep us all waiting and release Racing and Jungleland as the final, double  instalment once we have been through the rest of the DVD:lol:

• Haha 1

On 2/3/2020 at 2:27 PM, lilbud said:

Another song where the live version absolutely dominates the studio version

I disagree. I think the studio version is vastly superior and, ironically, much more furious. And that guitar solo does absolutely nothing for me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I love how this is the one everybody's waiting for. 

Has anyone who is really waiting for Racing not got the dvd or blu ray? The great hope for these video uploads is if and when they get to the “professionally filmed but never released” shows. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Has anyone who is really waiting for Racing not got the dvd or blu ray? The great hope for these video uploads is if and when they get to the “professionally filmed but never released” shows. 

I had the DVD on iTunes a while back. But I moved up to Android and the only way to watch it would be logging in on my home computer.

So the per song uploads are really helpful when I want to see a part of it when I'm at school or whatever.

12 hours ago, Tom-Joad said:

I disagree. I think the studio version is vastly superior and, ironically, much more furious. And that guitar solo does absolutely nothing for me.

And I disagree, I believe "any" live electric version of this song is way better than the studio version. Plus the guitar solo is out of site. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

And I disagree, I believe "any" live electric version of this song is way better than the studio version. Plus the guitar solo is out of site. 

It’s not the first time you’re wrong. :) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

The big'un is up next lads and lasses. Get ready. 

"ONCE MORE JUST A LITTLE BIT LOUDER!"

“Go on, sing up, sing up”.

© Doesthisbusstop 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

"Is Brian around? BRIAAAAANN!!"

I remember when the DVD was first announced way back when. I was pumped we were going to get an official live full band No Surrender, a personal favourite. And then I saw there was a special guest on it... I was like 'why... Why... WHY on my favourite song !?!?'

Needless to say, on finally watching it I was blown away by Brian. Enough to check out some Gaslight Anthem, and more than enough for this to be among probably my top three most played live Bruce clips 

• Like 3

It's good that we have a video document of a red hot show and Clarence's last tour.  He looked like the king of cool up there....well, when did he not?

• Like 1