Sign in to follow this  
THUE

Rock Hall of Fame-

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Flea said:

Zevon isn't in because he pissed off Jann Wenner in the 80's.  

Well.....that puts a wrinkle into it. Maybe that's why the Nuge isn't in....because Wenner hates his politics. If Wenner does use his personal bias as a measuring stick, then yeah.....the whole thing's a sham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wenner is out as of January 1. He stepped down as chairman. The Nuge may not be in because hes terrible.  Sorry. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, THUE said:

Was thinking about the lean towards rap and "pop" artists like Whitney Houston. If you don't start doing that you will run out of artists to induct. There remains a number of "older" rock artist who should be in however in the last several years there are no rock artists who have made any amazing impact. That's also a sign of the times. Rock Artists don't sell albums, hell nobody does, they don't have hits, there isn't rock radio much anymore.

Then they should stop. 

It's ridiculous now.  They should have kept to rock artists, and if there's nobody eligible in a given year, don't induct anyone.  They've ruined the concept now, so they should just re-name it the Popular Music Hall Of Fame.

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think Miles Davis should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? I don't know I just think Rock and Roll is an encompassing terms for all sorts of artists whose music falls under that large umbrella. I mean Put Black Sabbath and Metallica next to the Drifters and Cat Stevens for example. Nobody fell over themselves complaining about any of those four that I know of. Yet so incredibly different sounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, THUE said:

I just read The Who and The Foo Fighters Are playing at the New Orleans JAZZ fest. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Check out some of the recent lineups for the Newport "Folk" Festival.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Check out some of the recent lineups for the Newport "Folk" Festival.  :rolleyes:

I dont know if I can bring myself to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, THUE said:

I dont know if I can bring myself to

Me neither.

T.Rex is essential listening, had no freakin' idea they weren't in.  One of my favorite bands to this day.

Might have to have a Rex Friday night with some beverages and blessed herb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that who I think it is on piano?....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustDan said:

Is that who I think it is on piano?....

Twin brothers if not. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 7:13 AM, THUE said:

Was thinking about the lean towards rap and "pop" artists like Whitney Houston. If you don't start doing that you will run out of artists to induct. There remains a number of "older" rock artist who should be in however in the last several years there are no rock artists who have made any amazing impact. That's also a sign of the times. Rock Artists don't sell albums, hell nobody does, they don't have hits, there isn't rock radio much anymore. 

 

I cringe when rap and pop get brougt into this 

And no disrespect to dear Whitney but she aint rock and roll

Might as we'll induct Mucheal Jackson 

 

 

No please no no no

Probably wouldn't happen now after that last doco

But the line has to be drawn somewhere 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

 

Might as we'll induct Mucheal Jackson 

No please no no no

 

 

Too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustDan said:

Too late.

No no no no no

Hour fucking kidding me Dan

....i have to goggle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustDan said:

Too late.

OMG !

The rot set in years ago

How were the Jackson 5 ever rock and roll ?

And i loved the Jackson 5 as a kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the sounds of some opinions about 80% of the acts should not be in.

Prince, every Motown artist, every doo woo artist, any R&B artist.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THUE said:

From the sounds of some opinions about 80% of the acts should not be in.

Prince, every Motown artist, every doo woo artist, any R&B artist.

Rock 'n' Roll is derivative of Delta Blues, Rhythm & Blues, Gospel & Hillbilly (also known as rock-a-billy music). Motown artists most certainly deserve to be in as well as R&B/Funk artists. Whitney Houston is more pop than R&B, but the line obviously gets blurred. Many people, including music critics think Hip-Hop should not be included, but Hip-Hop is a derivative of R&B/Funk....So where do you draw the line? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JustDan said:

Rock 'n' Roll is derivative of Delta Blues, Rhythm & Blues, Gospel & Hillbilly (also known as rock-a-billy music). Motown artists most certainly deserve to be in as well as R&B/Funk artists. Whitney Houston is more pop than R&B, but the line obviously gets blurred. Many people, including music critics think Hip-Hop should not be included, but Hip-Hop is a derivative of R&B/Funk....So where do you draw the line? 

Are any RnR artist in the C&W hall of Fame? What about the R&B hall of fame? 

And rap is not R&B. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No lines need to be drawn if they just re-named it the Popular Music Hall Of Fame.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Are any RnR artist in the C&W hall of Fame? What about the R&B hall of fame? 

And rap is not R&B. 

Yes there are based on the inclusion of The Temptations,  The Supremes, Johnny Cash, Brenda Lee,  etc. There are several artists in both the Rock and the other two you noted. Stevie Ray Vaughn, BB King and others are in the rock and Blues Hall of Fame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this