Sign in to follow this  
BrilliantDisguise

Light of Day 2020

Recommended Posts

Pretty song.  Jesse wrote this for his mother.

 

Broken Radio

I was thinking about another time still in my mind
When I used to know a little girl high on this world

Your baby loves you more than you know
Raised on rivalry and rock 'n' roll
Moving to the Motor City soul
She lets go
On the radio

Well we never had a lot of cash
But we loved those kids
Some say that she missed the boat
But she just burned the bridge

The angels love you more than you know
Raised on robbery and rock 'n' roll
Moving to the Motor City soul
She takes hold
On the radio

Stomach ache Sundays
And books we never read
Well I was hoping one day
We might meet again

She used to talk about astrology
She was born in June
She danced with strangers and celebrities
Empty stars and the full moon

I was thinking about the universe
For what its worth
Or the one about the Phoenix bird
That died and then returned

The angels love you more than you know
Raised on robbery and rock' n roll
Moving to the Motor City soul
Moving to the Motor City soul
Sometimes I see her face
When there's no place to go
On the radio
On the radio
On the radio
Broken radio

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

 

For some reason that made me cry like a baby. Must be the cold I've been nursing or something :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Seems like daily now I read how old Bruce looks which slays me in the sense of how old he actually is.

He is 70.  That is old, for Bruce, for me and for everyone else.  Matters not whether 70 is the new 50, whatever those absurd claims are, the body is old and nothing is going change that.  I realize his age has just started to show clearly in the last few years but normally at 70 that's what happens.  


Let your mind rest easy
Sleep well my friend
It’s only our bodies that betray us in the end

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a more underrated songwriter on the face of the earth than Jesse Malin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry it's taken me so long to post, but I've needed a few days r&r after such an epic weekend!

Got into AP on Friday night, had dinner at the Wonder Bar and then to The Pony for the Asbury Angels show. John Eddie cancelled, but all the bands were phenomenal. It was my first time seeing The Weeklings and they didn't disappoint!

On Saturday morning, I walked from The Empress over to Frank's Deli for lunch and by the time I got done eating the snow was coming down hard. Walked back to Convention Hall and had one of those bucket list moments. Went to grab a coffee and Joe Grushecky was just chilling with a friend. Some of you may know that I'm just about as big a fan of Joe's as I am of Bruce's. I said hello and introduced myself and he invited me to join them for coffee. Absolutely surreal and made my day week month year life :D. So I got to have a conversation with one of my greatest heroes. No biggie. 

At about 4:00pm I made my way back down to CH. Even though things weren't looking good on Friday night for a Saturday appearance, with Bruce being in Florida and the weather taking a nasty turn, buzz started to build early in the afternoon that he was going to show up. Around that time I got a gut feeling he would indeed be there (call it my Bruce-Sense tingling), so I was ready and waiting by the stage doors of the Paramount to get confirmation. 

I took this video at the moment faith was rewarded:

My Reaction to Confirming Bruce was at LOD 20! via Paramount Soundcheck

The rest of the night was a blur of great memories for an even better cause. I'm 3/3 for Bruce showing at the LOD's I've attended! Can't ask for anything more than that. And with my birthday this week, I couldn't have received a better gift than to spend the weekend in my favorite place in the world with some of my favorite people in the world. Love love love my Bruce community!

83296137_752322753638_6583804111622242304_o.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

So so SOOOOOOOO excited for you @LoverInTheCold!!!!!!!  

Thanks! Had the time of my life and helped out a fantastic cause. Doesn't get much better than that. :)

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, janeymarywendy said:

I love the look on your face in the video. Very controlled but also 'Eeeek!!'

There were only a couple of us at the door when Darkness started. After the first few notes, I think it was half the building. :lol: 

  • Bruuuuce! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way cool Chief, absolutely awesome.

 

Loving the Asbury Park F.C. shirt.

 

I actually own one but it's with my mother in law in Colorado (long story).

 

 

  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Way cool Chief, absolutely awesome.

 

Loving the Asbury Park F.C. shirt.

 

I actually own one but it's with my mother in law in Colorado (long story).

 

 

I really want the APFC throwback Jersey but they're out of my size. Cool concept though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

Sorry it's taken me so long to post, but I've needed a few days r&r after such an epic weekend!

Got into AP on Friday night, had dinner at the Wonder Bar and then to The Pony for the Asbury Angels show. John Eddie cancelled, but all the bands were phenomenal. It was my first time seeing The Weeklings and they didn't disappoint!

On Saturday morning, I walked from The Empress over to Frank's Deli for lunch and by the time I got done eating the snow was coming down hard. Walked back to Convention Hall and had one of those bucket list moments. Went to grab a coffee and Joe Grushecky was just chilling with a friend. Some of you may know that I'm just about as big a fan of Joe's as I am of Bruce's. I said hello and introduced myself and he invited me to join them for coffee. Absolutely surreal and made my day week month year life :D. So I got to have a conversation with one of my greatest heroes. No biggie. 

At about 4:00pm I made my way back down to CH. Even though things weren't looking good on Friday night for a Saturday appearance, with Bruce being in Florida and the weather taking a nasty turn, buzz started to build early in the afternoon that he was going to show up. Around that time I got a gut feeling he would indeed be there (call it my Bruce-Sense tingling), so I was ready and waiting by the stage doors of the Paramount to get confirmation. 

I took this video at the moment faith was rewarded:

My Reaction to Confirming Bruce was at LOD 20! via Paramount Soundcheck

The rest of the night was a blur of great memories for an even better cause. I'm 3/3 for Bruce showing at the LOD's I've attended! Can't ask for anything more than that. And with my birthday this week, I couldn't have received a better gift than to spend the weekend in my favorite place in the world with some of my favorite people in the world. Love love love my Bruce community!

83296137_752322753638_6583804111622242304_o.jpg

 

So happy for you!  Glad you had such an awesome night.

One year that I went I saw Bruce leaving in his vehicle and I got eye contact and a wave from him.  That made my night. :D

  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

I really want the APFC throwback Jersey but they're out of my size. Cool concept though. 

Hilarious sig pic you got goin' on here.

On a musical side note, anyone here going to see The Go-Go's at the Pony in July?  If I lived close I'd be there to catch 'em.  

  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 10:29 AM, berlintramp said:

For some reason that made me cry like a baby. Must be the cold I've been nursing or something :huh:

The vibe was pretty similar being there. It got me pretty good this time. Maybe because I've seen what Bob has gone through over the last 20 years. Saw him a few times last weekend, and he's pretty much confined to a chair now. He's so strong and determined, and if anyone can beat this it's him, but the clock is ticking.

Maybe I just feel like the clock is ticking faster on everything these days. None of us are getting any younger and you never know when the last time you'll hear Thunder Road is. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LoverInTheColdLove the smile on the video, what a weekend!

if you are 3 from 3, I need to know next time you plan on going! I met someone last week who is 2 from 2 and I thought that was lucky...

  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, whispered secret said:

@LoverInTheColdLove the smile on the video, what a weekend!

if you are 3 from 3, I need to know next time you plan on going! I met someone last week who is 2 from 2 and I thought that was lucky...

I'll let you know. :D

I lived in mythical Central Jersey for most of the last decade, so that made things easier. And I just got lucky the couple times I was able to go. I actually would have been 4/4 if I had decided to go the year my daughter was born, but when you're a new dad changing diapers for the first time it's not exactly high on the priority list. 

This one, I just had a feeling. 20th Anniversary. Bob. Tour upcoming. Nobody getting any younger. I don't think anybody can say for certain, as there's always a chance, but this (sadly) could very well have been the last one. Bruce looks pretty busy for the foreseeable future and he might be pushing 75 when the next opportunity comes. And that's if LOD isn't forced to do some reshaping itself over the next few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LoverInTheCold said:

I lived in mythical Central Jersey

I lived there (Belmar) for a few years in the ‘80s... ‘tis no myth my friend! :D

  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this