Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Eileen said:

The fact that some folk are actually wondering is even funnier than the original post. :D

I don't think it's funny. Unnecessary, maybe. His relationship with Patti, and with other women, is something he writes about. He has invited us all in, so I think we are allowed to talk about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I don't think it's funny. Unnecessary, maybe. His relationship with Patti, and with other women, is something he writes about. He has invited us all in, so I think we are allowed to talk about it.

Of course … but I don't think Bruce will be handing out invitations again if he sees this. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As hypothetical questions go, on a scale of 1 to 10 this one is about 12

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you forgot "asking for a friend" ;) 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Silvia said:

His relationship with Patti, and with other women, is something he writes about. He has invited us all in, so I think we are allowed to talk about it.

On the contrary, I'd say he has been pretty reticent about his relationships.
And what about how Patti might feel about it?  I don't think she's "invited us in".

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be the silliest question ever posted. I mean, the guy is 70, and he’s spent the last 50+ years talking about cars. Why the heck should this multi-millionaire’s wife be at (or around) a bus stop? ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could not give a flying **** whether he would or not, his choice and his choice only, no buggers business except his..as long as he is healthy, happy and keeps touring is all that anyone should worry about his marital status.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

He's been the 'marrying type' since he married Julianne, no? 

 

My precise first thought.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well.

It is really time for a new album.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not a funny thread. The question is tasteless and doesn't merit consideration. How would you feel if someone put up a speculation like that about your husband/wife?

It is demeaning and inhuman.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Well.

It is really time for a new album.

Amen to that ! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

This is not a funny thread. The question is tasteless and doesn't merit consideration. How would you feel if someone put up a speculation like that about your husband/wife?

It is demeaning and inhuman.

With respect tramp, Bruce has traded off making his relationships public, even made money from it. This is not prying in. Bruce’s relationships, his fear of commitment as a younger man, how he values institutions like Marriage, is something that Bruce has SOLD to us.

This is a question about something he has sold us. Not about something he has deliberately left out of a biography or avoided in his music.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lampi said:

Well.

It is really time for a new album.

I can’t think of a scenario where that statement is not an applicable response to be honest.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Kent Guitar said:

With respect tramp, Bruce has traded off making his relationships public, even made money from it. This is not prying in. Bruce’s relationships, his fear of commitment as a younger man, how he values institutions like Marriage, is something that Bruce has SOLD to us.

This is a question about something he has sold us. Not about something he has deliberately left out of a biography or avoided in his music.

I take your point but see the other side as well on this one - maybe had you said if they divorced would he remarry, rather than his beloved wife getting her life snuffed out.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, berlintramp said:

 How would you feel if someone put up a speculation like that about your husband/wife?

Insurance company then Vegas for me.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously if the Missus ever reads that last post......

 

MY ACCOUNT'S BEEN HACKED!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think with generouse quantities of booze this thread has potential 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, berlintramp said:

This is not a funny thread. The question is tasteless and doesn't merit consideration. How would you feel if someone put up a speculation like that about your husband/wife?

It is demeaning and inhuman.

Yikes!  I just mean that to me this thread isn't serious at all and some of the responses are pretty funny.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, phantomengineer said:

Would Patti remarry? 

 

No one knows as Bruce is never getting hit by a bus.  Even on 82nd street.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

No one knows as Bruce is never getting hit by a bus.  Even on 82nd street.  

But if he stands to close to the edge of the platform when the 1735 from Tucson arrives...........

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rizla said:

On the contrary, I'd say he has been pretty reticent about his relationships.
And what about how Patti might feel about it?  I don't think she's "invited us in".

I can't agree with reticent. I think he actually disclosed a lot. His songs are not to be taken literally, but I believe there's plenty of autobiographical there. I'll take a wild guess, and say more than half of his songs are about relationships, and most of them are based on his intimate struggles.

I have written in another thread about how difficult I imagine his revealing of personal matters must have been for Patti, but hey, there are always compromises in life... I'm not that familiar with her songwriting, but some of her songs cover this thematic as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.