3 hours ago, Eileen said:

The fact that some folk are actually wondering is even funnier than the original post. :D

I don't think it's funny. Unnecessary, maybe. His relationship with Patti, and with other women, is something he writes about. He has invited us all in, so I think we are allowed to talk about it.

54 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I don't think it's funny. Unnecessary, maybe. His relationship with Patti, and with other women, is something he writes about. He has invited us all in, so I think we are allowed to talk about it.

Of course … but I don't think Bruce will be handing out invitations again if he sees this. ;)

• Like 1

As hypothetical questions go, on a scale of 1 to 10 this one is about 12

• Haha 3

I think you forgot "asking for a friend" ;) 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Silvia said:

His relationship with Patti, and with other women, is something he writes about. He has invited us all in, so I think we are allowed to talk about it.

On the contrary, I'd say he has been pretty reticent about his relationships.
And what about how Patti might feel about it?  I don't think she's "invited us in".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This might be the silliest question ever posted. I mean, the guy is 70, and he’s spent the last 50+ years talking about cars. Why the heck should this multi-millionaire’s wife be at (or around) a bus stop? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I could not give a flying **** whether he would or not, his choice and his choice only, no buggers business except his..as long as he is healthy, happy and keeps touring is all that anyone should worry about his marital status.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

He's been the 'marrying type' since he married Julianne, no? 

My precise first thought.  

Well.

It is really time for a new album.

• Like 3

This is not a funny thread. The question is tasteless and doesn't merit consideration. How would you feel if someone put up a speculation like that about your husband/wife?

It is demeaning and inhuman.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Well.

Amen to that ! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

This is not a funny thread. The question is tasteless and doesn't merit consideration. How would you feel if someone put up a speculation like that about your husband/wife?

With respect tramp, Bruce has traded off making his relationships public, even made money from it. This is not prying in. Bruce’s relationships, his fear of commitment as a younger man, how he values institutions like Marriage, is something that Bruce has SOLD to us.

This is a question about something he has sold us. Not about something he has deliberately left out of a biography or avoided in his music.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

Well.

I can’t think of a scenario where that statement is not an applicable response to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Kent Guitar said:

With respect tramp, Bruce has traded off making his relationships public, even made money from it. This is not prying in. Bruce’s relationships, his fear of commitment as a younger man, how he values institutions like Marriage, is something that Bruce has SOLD to us.

This is a question about something he has sold us. Not about something he has deliberately left out of a biography or avoided in his music.

I take your point but see the other side as well on this one - maybe had you said if they divorced would he remarry, rather than his beloved wife getting her life snuffed out.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, berlintramp said:

How would you feel if someone put up a speculation like that about your husband/wife?

Insurance company then Vegas for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Obviously if the Missus ever reads that last post......

MY ACCOUNT'S BEEN HACKED!

• Haha 3

I think with generouse quantities of booze this thread has potential 

3 hours ago, berlintramp said:

Yikes!  I just mean that to me this thread isn't serious at all and some of the responses are pretty funny.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phantomengineer said:

Would Patti remarry? 

No one knows as Bruce is never getting hit by a bus.  Even on 82nd street.  

2 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

No one knows as Bruce is never getting hit by a bus.  Even on 82nd street.  

But if he stands to close to the edge of the platform when the 1735 from Tucson arrives...........

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rizla said:

On the contrary, I'd say he has been pretty reticent about his relationships.
And what about how Patti might feel about it?  I don't think she's "invited us in".

I can't agree with reticent. I think he actually disclosed a lot. His songs are not to be taken literally, but I believe there's plenty of autobiographical there. I'll take a wild guess, and say more than half of his songs are about relationships, and most of them are based on his intimate struggles.

I have written in another thread about how difficult I imagine his revealing of personal matters must have been for Patti, but hey, there are always compromises in life... I'm not that familiar with her songwriting, but some of her songs cover this thematic as well.