On 1/24/2020 at 9:43 AM, Captain Chaos said:

So we now know the answer. The bus didn’t stop. 

Not until 82nd Street

23 hours ago, borntorunsean said:

Good thread, been thinking about this all morning. Bruce would most go on a darkness 2 tour with wild hotel sex every night with girls between 20-25. They will be hand picked from seats in the stadium not the pit as people stink in there and Bruce wants fresh meat . He would become a tabloid favourite with his antics. 

At least he will have progressed beyond 'Sweet Little Sixteen' !!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Lampi said:

Well.

It is really time for a new album.

We've just had one. And a DVD. And an archive thing. And a studio album.

:o

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There are times when I think, wouldn't it be nice if Bruce occasionally checked in here to see what we are all talking about and then there are threads like this when I just think, please God don't.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Funny thread. :D

Kind of :unsure::lol:...But my god it does scream out PLEASE TOUR !!!!

Also ...January 25th and no mention of an Archive release. They must be REALLY working hard on that Veterans Show from '81.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Kind of :unsure::lol:.

Also ...January 25th and no mention of an Archive release.

January is skipped.

The Februari release still 2 weeks from now (13 days).

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Lampi said:

January is skipped.

The Februari release still 2 weeks from now (13 days).

As always, i can count on you for solid info...Thanks Lampi !!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, whispered secret said:

There are times when I think, wouldn't it be nice if Bruce occasionally checked in here to see what we are all talking about and then there are threads like this when I just think, please God don't.

I've mentioned before that I think it's far more likely that someone from the Springsteen and/or Landau organizations do in fact keep an occasional eye on these boards. Which is why, despite several times starting a comment on this thread, I've always gone on to delete them. Because, as was mentioned, Bruce has written and talked about his family and relationships extensively, which to me says they're not completely off-limits, by any means. And even the general question raised by this thread is kind of an interesting one, albeit one I'd prefer personally to talk about with other fans over a beer, rather than put down in writing. But, although I suspect unintentionally, the way the actual question was worded is, I think, extremely tasteless, and I can't imagine someone on here actually saying it within earshot of Bruce, never mind to his face. And I too hate the idea of someone from Thrill Hill doing their monthly check-in on the various boards and running across it.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 11:29 AM, borntorunsean said:

Good thread, been thinking about this all morning. Bruce would most go on a darkness 2 tour with wild hotel sex every night with girls between 20-25. They will be hand picked from seats in the stadium not the pit as people stink in there and Bruce wants fresh meat . He would become a tabloid favourite with his antics. 

He’d certainly be hoping that that little blue pill would be keeping its promise. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Kent Guitar said:

With respect tramp, Bruce has traded off making his relationships public, even made money from it. This is not prying in. Bruce’s relationships, his fear of commitment as a younger man, how he values institutions like Marriage, is something that Bruce has SOLD to us.

This is a question about something he has sold us. Not about something he has deliberately left out of a biography or avoided in his music.

20 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Yikes!  I just mean that to me this thread isn't serious at all and some of the responses are pretty funny.  

It's probably just me as a humourless German that I don't see anything funny in the way the OP is worded and a lot of the answers, as well.

I just hope none of you would ever have to contemplate your actions after one of your loved ones was run over by a bus.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

It's probably just me as a humourless German that I don't see anything funny in the way the OP is worded and a lot of the answers, as well.

I just hope none of you would ever have to contemplate your actions after one of your loved ones was run over by a bus.

Well I really hope you're not including me in your comment about 'contemplating my actions' since my only response to this thread was saying it was funny.  Which, in my opinion some of the responses were.  

Also, I face the possibility of death every damn day of my life.  Everyday, all day.  I understand the idea of my loved ones and the world going on without me only too well.  So if I try to find humor in a thread that I believe was not in any way serious (I believe no one wishes any ill will on Patti), then that's my prerogative.

With that...I'm out.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2

The funny thing is that no-one as has wished any harm to Patti. 

Glad I didn’t use being run over by a car as a metaphor for the uncertainty of life.

• Like 2

I always remember Aunty remarking humour doesn't always travel well

Off on a tangent

Years ago when 'our Rachel' ...well not our greasylake Rachel but NZ's Rachel being the model Rachel Hunter 

How i remember it when she  was still married to Rod Steward she was being interviewed on British  radio and she called Rod an 'old bugger' because in NZ bugga can mean a couple of things - a very tame swear world that's acceptable for children to use and as a term of endearment which is how Rachel was using the word for Rod

However English listeners did not understand and poor Rach had in fact commited some terrible faux pas

Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie,
O, what a panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!
I wad be laith to rin an' chase thee,
Wi' murd'ring pattle!

I'm truly sorry man's dominion,
Has broken nature's social union,
An' justifies that ill opinion,
Which makes thee startle
At me, thy poor, earth-born companion,
An' fellow-mortal!

I doubt na, whiles, but thou may thieve;
What then? poor beastie, thou maun live!
A daimen icker in a thrave
'S a sma' request;
I'll get a blessin wi' the lave,
An' never miss't!

Thy wee bit housie, too, in ruin!
It's silly wa's the win's are strewin!
An' naething, now, to big a new ane,
O' foggage green!
An' bleak December's winds ensuin,
Baith snell an' keen!

Thou saw the fields laid bare an' waste,
An' weary winter comin fast,
An' cozie here, beneath the blast,
Thou thought to dwell-
Till crash! the cruel coulter past
Out thro' thy cell.

That wee bit heap o' leaves an' stibble,
Has cost thee mony a weary nibble!
Now thou's turn'd out, for a' thy trouble,
But house or hald,
To thole the winter's sleety dribble,
An' cranreuch cauld!

But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
In proving foresight may be vain;
The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
Gang aft agley,
An'lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

Still thou art blest, compar'd wi' me
The present only toucheth thee:
But, Och! I backward cast my e'e.
On prospects drear!
An' forward, tho' I canna see,
I guess an' fear!

Oor Rabbie said it all...happy Burns Day to everyone

I see you walking, slowly, down the street, pushing that shiny walker at your feet.

I see that hearing aid hidden in your ear, tell me am I the man for whom you put it there?

You never smile girl, you never speak, I wonder, darlin', have you got no teeth?

Buried two husbands in this shithole town, must be a lonely life, so put your wedding gown on.

Silver rose, I wanna marry you.

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie,
O, what a panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!
I wad be laith to rin an' chase thee,
Wi' murd'ring pattle!

I'm truly sorry man's dominion,
Has broken nature's social union,
An' justifies that ill opinion,
Which makes thee startle
At me, thy poor, earth-born companion,
An' fellow-mortal!

I doubt na, whiles, but thou may thieve;
What then? poor beastie, thou maun live!
A daimen icker in a thrave
'S a sma' request;
I'll get a blessin wi' the lave,
An' never miss't!

Thy wee bit housie, too, in ruin!
It's silly wa's the win's are strewin!
An' naething, now, to big a new ane,
O' foggage green!
An' bleak December's winds ensuin,
Baith snell an' keen!

Thou saw the fields laid bare an' waste,
An' weary winter comin fast,
An' cozie here, beneath the blast,
Thou thought to dwell-
Till crash! the cruel coulter past
Out thro' thy cell.

That wee bit heap o' leaves an' stibble,
Has cost thee mony a weary nibble!
Now thou's turn'd out, for a' thy trouble,
But house or hald,
To thole the winter's sleety dribble,
An' cranreuch cauld!

But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
In proving foresight may be vain;
The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
Gang aft agley,
An'lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

Still thou art blest, compar'd wi' me
The present only toucheth thee:
But, Och! I backward cast my e'e.
On prospects drear!
An' forward, tho' I canna see,
I guess an' fear!

Oor Rabbie said it all...happy Burns Day to everyone

Seeger sessions volume II closing track?

I think it can be very difficult at times to get your thoughts across on here without things being taken the wrong way by somebody,I'm always retyping what I write,I think it's a case with the written word at times that a good intentioned post can come across badly to some people & how it's written can be very different to how it's received.

The question asked has logic though perhaps is not the right question,for me it's more a case of if Patti died tomorrow how would Bruce cope without her & the steadying influence in her life that she has been.

I'm always thankful to Patti for the fact that we still have Bruce in our lives,what would have happened without her who knows but the past is littered with musicians that haven't coped with life.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

11 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Well I really hope you're not including me in your comment about 'contemplating my actions' since my only response to this thread was saying it was funny.  Which, in my opinion some of the responses were.  

Also, I face the possibility of death every damn day of my life.  Everyday, all day.  I understand the idea of my loved ones and the world going on without me only too well.  So if I try to find humor in a thread that I believe was not in any way serious (I believe no one wishes any ill will on Patti), then that's my prerogative.

With that...I'm out.

when youve looked at death in the eye twice like me it gives you a different perspective of life,  i know my wife would need someone if i wasnt here thats the way it is. but we are all different

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

The question asked has logic though perhaps is not the right question,for me it's more a case of if Patti died tomorrow how would Bruce cope without her & the steadying influence in her life that she has been.

true Bruce wouldnt be Bruce without Patti the same as I wouldnt be the same without my wife

• Love Love Love! 2