Sign in to follow this  
BrilliantDisguise

The Killers New Album "Sounds Like Bruce Springsteen"

The picture is posted especially for you @Eileen:D

The Killers’ Brandon Flowers says their new album sounds like “Manchester and Bruce Springsteen”

Brandon-Flowers-Glastonbury-1392x1044.jp

The Killers‘ Brandon Flowers has said that the band have captured the sound of “Manchester and Bruce Springsteen” on their latest album.

The Las Vegas rockers are busy working on the final stages of ‘Imploding The Mirage’, the follow-up to 2017’s ‘Wonderful, Wonderful’.

Having already shared a series of potential track titles, Flowers has confirmed that the record will feature a song called ‘Dying Breed’ – which he describes as representing the sound of the band across 15 years.

“It somehow captures Manchester and Bruce Springsteen, I think that’s when we’re at our best, when we’re able to take these different elements and make them work,” he told Q.

The title track, meanwhile, sees them employing the classic sensibilities of The Kinks.

“It’s got a little bit of that [Ray Davies] lightness,” he explained.

“It feels like a perfect set-up for the record.”

Since announcing ‘Imploding The Mirage’ back in October, the band have also confirmed appearances at Mad Cool and Bilbao BBK Live.

After their celebrated set headlining Glastonbury 2019, The Killers also return for shows calling at Falkirk, Manchester, Norwich, Southampton, London, Bristol, Coventry, Middlesborough and Dublin.  The band will be joined at selected shows by special guests Blossoms, Sam Fender and Manic Street Preachers.

LINK: https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-killers-brandon-flowers-says-their-new-album-sounds-like-manchester-and-bruce-springsteen-2600311

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

I can't wait for this album … even more so now!

Lots of his songs are reminiscent of Springsteen tunes … long may that continue.

He's a bonny lad, isn't he?

• Like 1

Just in case anyone on here hasn't heard this. Even has the Born To Run riff in the middle.

Now, doesn't that just send your heart soaring?

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

4 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I can't wait for this album … even more so now!

Lots of his songs are reminiscent of Springsteen tunes … long may that continue.

He's a bonny lad, isn't he?

Not my type, but that picture makes it look like he had to have some extra material sewn into his pants ? ;)

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, borntorunsean said:

Name dropper. 

You should listen to, I think, the 4th verse of Out Of My Mind … now THAT'S name dropping. :)

• Love Love Love! 1

one of the things i love about the killers is the way they pinch stuff from other artists and make no bones about it, musical magpies. got tickets for tour hoping i can make it

• Like 2

Oh, I like this thread. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Awww … look at his little face after he sings that verse near the beginning. My smile's almost splitting my face - so proud of the lad.

• Love Love Love! 1

They do nothing for me but fair play to those that like them....

• Like 1

Everyone and everything sounds like Bruce since post-The Rising it seems.  Have never seen his name dropped so much with respect to album after album, artist after artist, comparison wise.  Lots of indie's such as Arcade Fire but the pattern has been there for yonks now.  

• Like 1

I saw Brandon Flowers in 2010 at the Stone Pony when he was touring for his first solo album Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas. He's a huge Bruce fan and he even played Promised Land that night. While I had previously enjoyed much of The Killer's work, mostly Sam's Town and Day & Age, it was his first solo album that really sold me. He was electric that night, and WTFLV is a magnificent album. I didn't care for his other solo album at all, but give the first one a shot if you're not into The Killers, because it's more folksy singer-songwriter stuff. Magdalena is just awesome. As far as the Killers, my favorite track is probably A Dustland Fairytale off of Day & Age

• Like 2

My fave Killers' track is All These Things I've Done.  Rest I don't care for, songs I've heard, that is.  

The band's fourth album, Battle Born, is such a heartland rock album that the Springsteen influences just bleed through. From Brandon Flowers quoting "no surrender 'cause there's no retreat" on the opening track to the obvious Bruce songwriting influence on "Runaways" to a handful of others, it holds up with any Gaslight Anthem album as the best non-Bruce-but-still-Bruce project in recent years.

Brandon has been an unabashed fan of the Boss for years, gushing about Nebraska and whatnot in interviews and clearly incorporating elements of the man's music into his own.

Sign me up for more, please.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Eileen said:

Just in case anyone on here hasn't heard this. Even has the Born To Run riff in the middle.

Now, doesn't that just send your heart soaring?

That whole Royal Albert Hall DVD is tremendous. Bling and Dustland Fairytale, the piano based Sam's Town... great stuff

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Not seen that before and I do enjoy watching other artists, especially younger ones, perform with Bruce - they usually look like the cat that got the cream! Bruce's voice will always win the day for me though.

Lots of people Brandon likes appear in Killers' videos or are mentioned in songs - he's always thrilled to mention bands in the hope that those who haven't heard their stuff look them out.

This is one of my favourite songs/videos.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 11:41 AM, BrilliantDisguise said:

The picture is posted especially for you @Eileen:D

The Killers’ Brandon Flowers says their new album sounds like “Manchester and Bruce Springsteen”

Brandon-Flowers-Glastonbury-1392x1044.jp

The Killers‘ Brandon Flowers has said that the band have captured the sound of “Manchester and Bruce Springsteen” on their latest album.

The Las Vegas rockers are busy working on the final stages of ‘Imploding The Mirage’, the follow-up to 2017’s ‘Wonderful, Wonderful’.

Having already shared a series of potential track titles, Flowers has confirmed that the record will feature a song called ‘Dying Breed’ – which he describes as representing the sound of the band across 15 years.

“It somehow captures Manchester and Bruce Springsteen, I think that’s when we’re at our best, when we’re able to take these different elements and make them work,” he told Q.

The title track, meanwhile, sees them employing the classic sensibilities of The Kinks.

“It’s got a little bit of that [Ray Davies] lightness,” he explained.

“It feels like a perfect set-up for the record.”

Since announcing ‘Imploding The Mirage’ back in October, the band have also confirmed appearances at Mad Cool and Bilbao BBK Live.

After their celebrated set headlining Glastonbury 2019, The Killers also return for shows calling at Falkirk, Manchester, Norwich, Southampton, London, Bristol, Coventry, Middlesborough and Dublin.  The band will be joined at selected shows by special guests Blossoms, Sam Fender and Manic Street Preachers.

LINK: https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-killers-brandon-flowers-says-their-new-album-sounds-like-manchester-and-bruce-springsteen-2600311

They've always sounded like Bruce. Nothing new there.

5 hours ago, Promise61 said:

They've always sounded like Bruce. Nothing new there.

Ah ... but has Brandon said so before now? 

8 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Not seen that before and I do enjoy watching other artists, especially younger ones, perform with Bruce - they usually look like the cat that got the cream! Bruce's voice will always win the day for me though.

I had read somewhere that, that performance was the most nervous Brandon had ever been on stage before. 

5 hours ago, Eileen said:

:D

We leave it to you to fill in the gaps for us.

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2020 at 12:03 PM, Eileen said:

When Sam's Town came out, Brandon mentioned the album was heavily Springsteen influenced, which raised some eyebrows back then and was the whole reason I got into The Killers.

• Like 1