Greasy Lake Community

The Killers New Album "Sounds Like Bruce Springsteen"

3 hours ago, Frank Atapuma said:

Apart from that, i love how Chinatown is a typical Bleachers song and Dustland a typical Killers song and on both Bruce is stealing the show :).

He sings the same way on that one.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. ‘West Hills’
2. ‘Quiet Town’
3. ‘Terrible Thing’
4. ‘Cody’
5. ‘Sleepwalker’
6. ‘Runaway Horses’ (featuring Phoebe Bridgers)
7. ‘In The Car Outside’
8. ‘In Another Life’
9. ‘Desperate Things’
10. ‘Pressure Machine’
11. ‘The Getting By’

Not long now.

• Like 1

I think this is about the song 'Terrible Thing'.

The Killers frontman, known for hits including 'Mr. Brightside' and 'All These Things That I've Done', added: "I basically took a story that was a scandal in town when I had lived there, and I took some liberties in the third verse and turned it into a murder ballad.

“In a typical pop or rock song, there [are] just two verses. It’s not until you start getting into Springsteen and [John] Prine and stuff that you get to a third or fourth verse. But it helps you flesh out a story.”

This sounds bad maybe, haven't heard it yet, sure my daughter will be sending me the full down low soon. But I like The Killers to sound like the Killers and Springsteen to sound like Springsteen! 

I got my last Killers album in Morrisons on the day of release.  I thought, as I'm going down to Morpeth tomorrow, that I'd go to Cramlington instead.

2 supermarkets didn't have it. I'll try Morrisons when I'm down in the morning. I will not be listening to anything until I have my own copy.

Never mind - I came back with 2 cat food dishes and a crinkly cat tunnel. 

AND ... I get to look forward to listening to it for the first time, again! :D

The album is good, but I’m always a sucker for a concept record. The songs all start with a short interview snippet, but if you don’t like that then they’ve also released an ‘abridged’ version with just the songs. 

I read their NME big read cover story this evening and saw this quote from Brandon Flowers saying Bruce has another E Street record in the can - is he just referencing Letter To You? :

The Killers and Springsteen recently released ‘Dustland’, a new collaborative take on ‘A Dustland Fairytale’, a track from Brandon and co.’s 2008 album ‘Day & Age’. Flowers says of his hero: “He just lives up to all the hype with how gracious he is and how he makes time for you.” Yet he describes the song as a one-off to “lift some spirits during quarantine”. There’s no chance of a follow-up, then? “We didn’t really talk about anything else,” Flowers says. “I know he’s got another E-Street record in the can. It would be a treat to do more together, but I don’t want to impose.”  “

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, stevie54uk said:

Am a big killers fan but the two i have heard dont impress at first hearing

Almost time to head down to Morrisons ... the Toon tomorrow if it's not there ... can't wait to hear it!

And I get an abridged version, too? Yippee!