The Killers New Album "Sounds Like Bruce Springsteen"

On 2/5/2020 at 1:23 AM, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

Actually I thought Sam's Town was their real "Springsteen" album.   I enjoyed Battle Born, but I thought some of it was straying into Steinman/Meatloaf territory...

I think a lot of their music, even Sam's Town, is in a space between Bruce and Steinman. 

Sam's Town is my favourite. Like Bruce and Joshua Tree era U2 put in a blender, garnished with Jim Steinman and a pinch of Queen

• Like 3
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cool album. On a second listen, I already like this better than the last one and I expect with a few more listens I'll place this above Battle Born also. As for sounding like Springsteen? TB

Just seen on Twitter it is now August 21st, not too long then!  Hurrah! 

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

I think a lot of their music, even Sam's Town, is in a space between Bruce and Steinman. 

Sam's Town is my favourite. Like Bruce and Joshua Tree era U2 put in a blender, garnished with Jim Steinman and a pinch of Queen

And a great dollop of Brandon and the lads.

The Killers are a great band.  Been lucky to see them live a few times and Sam’s Town and Battle Born in particular are superb.  Someone commented earlier there is a shared spirit and feel to the music of them and Bruce and that nails it perfectly for me.  Looking forward to the new album immensely.

A little different to the band albums but I also love both of Flowers’ solo albums, especially the first one.

• Like 1
On 1/24/2020 at 12:15 PM, Eileen said:

You should listen to, I think, the 4th verse of Out Of My Mind … now THAT'S name dropping. :)

Haha, this was my exact thought.

I'm a fan of The Killers, and the Springsteen influence is definitely clear on some of their stuff. I mean, "The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun" sounds more like a typical Springsteen line than half the actual Springsteen lines.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This presale starts tomorrow at 09:00, I have got a code if anyone is interested : -

The Killers are coming to Doncaster, United Kingdom on May 26th. Your pre-sale starts Wednesday, February 19 at 9:00am local time. Use the link below to purchase your tickets before the public on-sale begins on Friday, February 21 at 9:00am local time.

• Love Love Love! 1
2 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

This presale starts tomorrow at 09:00, I have got a code if anyone is interested : -

The Killers are coming to Doncaster, United Kingdom on May 26th. Your pre-sale starts Wednesday, February 19 at 9:00am local time. Use the link below to purchase your tickets before the public on-sale begins on Friday, February 21 at 9:00am local time.

I would love a pre code please :wub:

On 2/7/2020 at 10:53 PM, Karembu said:

The Killers are a great band.  Been lucky to see them live a few times and Sam’s Town and Battle Born in particular are superb.  Someone commented earlier there is a shared spirit and feel to the music of them and Bruce and that nails it perfectly for me.  Looking forward to the new album immensely.

A little different to the band albums but I also love both of Flowers’ solo albums, especially the first one.

I remember seeing him live when he toured that first solo album, very good indeed. Not a bad song on that album. Jilted lovers and broken hearts would be a smash hit if The Killers released it for example.

On 1/24/2020 at 7:50 PM, Jimmy James said:

I was there that night, was really cool to see. Great weather that day, Chris Cornell and The Killers while waiting for the E Street Band, not bad at all. Shame about the Dutch beer which tastes like urine though. 11 years ago Jesus fucking Christ time flies. 

For some reason the prices in their UK tour are ridiculously high.

I'm seeing them in Belgium this summer on the same bill as Paul McCartney, Crowded House and... ahem...Kaiser Chiefs and Sinead O Connor for less than £80.

9 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

I'm seeing them in Belgium this summer on the same bill as Paul McCartney, Crowded House and... ahem...Kaiser Chiefs and Sinead O Connor for less than £80.

Yep £71.50 for standing seemed abit steep so we decided to pass which is a shame but we are going to 4 gigs already this year so the sensible line had to be drawn :(

9 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

Crikey! I've just looked - just as well I wasn't going to go anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't hear Bruce at all - just typical Killers, without the Bruce influence.

I thought their album was out but wondered why I'd just seen this song online. Silly me.

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

I thought their album was out but wondered why I'd just seen this song online. Silly me.

Sadly with postponement of all the football and most of killers tour in football stadiums it has to be doubtful it will happen as it looks the football season is going to be extended by at least 3 weeks

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

I walked to Sainsburys at lunch to buy it. :(

• Haha 1
On 2/19/2020 at 3:56 PM, Growin' Up said:

Sinead must be feeling better then - seeing as she's set to perform and not videotaping herself having a manic episode.  

17 hours ago, Nicholas said:

Definitely hearing some Bruce on the lead single here:

I find this unlistenable.  Tried with an open mind as I love all sorts of music and tunes, but not this one.  

His voice when he sings "caaaauuuution" yikes.  But I do hear U2 right at the end.  

I've actually listened to it all - was waiting but the wait will be too long. Great guitar bit near the end, don't usually get that on a Killers' song. Now for the 'long' version. 'The Cowboy's Christmas Ball' type beat - typical Brandon vocal (especially on 'caution') … then in to Battle Born type music.

Glorious!

Ahhhh that explains why the guitar bit sounds different - thanks, @BrilliantDisguise!

The 'Caution' line (tune) reminds me of the 'I'm not moving' line in The Script's song The Man Who Can't Be Moved.

• Like 1