The Killers New Album "Sounds Like Bruce Springsteen"

I love Battle Born and can't wait for this new one. Nothing will match those early albums but I'm still loving their stuff.

While I liked Caution at first I now think it's fantastic … love to hear those opening notes when it's played on the radio.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cool album. On a second listen, I already like this better than the last one and I expect with a few more listens I'll place this above Battle Born also. As for sounding like Springsteen? TB

Just seen on Twitter it is now August 21st, not too long then!  Hurrah! 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

I love Battle Born and can't wait for this new one.

Took me awhile to like Battle Born, yet I loved Wonderful Wonderful right away go figure! 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ProveItAllNight747 said:

Any love for Day & Age?Took me a while but that album was a real grower on me,it's probably my favourite Killers album,just ahead of Sam's Town.

And the sky is full of dreams
But you don't know how to fly

I adore the whole album - yes, probably more than the first two albums.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ProveItAllNight747 said:

Sounds great on first listen!

Woke up this morning, just before 8, turned the radio on … and this was introduced!

• Like 1

As someone noted way earlier in this thread, the Killers have gone full War on Drugs, and I'm all about that style. Their are definitely elements of 80s Bruce in there, for sure.

• Love Love Love! 1

Wonderful Wonderful – a love letter of sorts, as Brandon Flowers crafted songs of encouragement to his wife during crippling bouts of depression – Imploding The Mirage is the light after the dark; the overcoming of sadness and moving into celebration. It’s a record about eternal love, perseverance through hard times, and the strength gained from friendships and familial bonds whilst weathering a storm.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Nicholas said:

As someone noted way earlier in this thread, the Killers have gone full War on Drugs, and I'm all about that style. Their are definitely elements of 80s Bruce in there, for sure.

A poor man's War on Drugs. 

4 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

A poor man's War on Drugs. 

Boo.

As deeply as I love The War on Drugs, I will take Brandon Flowers's singingand thoughtful lyrics over Adam Granduciel's Dylan-esque wails and half-baked metaphors.

Oh! The War On Drugs is a band? Ha! I thought some thought the lyrics were about drugs, hence me putting the meaning of the new album on here.

Hahaha! Now I'll have to go and listen to the other lot.

• Like 1

Hmmm … listened to a couple - almost fell asleep during the second one. 

Nah ... The Killers rule! :)

It would seem that I did know of them - just never felt the urge to find out more. Still don't.

4 hours ago, Eileen said:

Hmmm … listened to a couple - almost fell asleep during the second one. 

Nah ... The Killers rule! :)

It would seem that I did know of them - just never felt the urge to find out more. Still don't.

Which songs did you listen to?

Check out (the songs) Burning, Lost in the dream, Arms like boulders and Nothing to find.

10 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

Which songs did you listen to?

Check out (the songs) Burning, Lost in the dream, Arms like boulders and Nothing to find.

An up-beat one and a slow-starting one, can't remember the names. I listened to a bit of Lost in the Dream … and liked it. Yes, I can see why some think the lead singer sounds like Brandon.

41 minutes ago, Eileen said:

An up-beat one and a slow-starting one, can't remember the names. I listened to a bit of Lost in the Dream … and liked it. Yes, I can see why some think the lead singer sounds like Brandon.

To me Burning is his most Bruce sounding track and also my favorite War on drugs song, so I suggest you to check that one out too. : )

Listening to it now. Young Turks comes to mind … some comments also say Dancing in the Dark.

Sorry … just doesn't grab me. Too flock of seagulls sounding … pleasant.

I heard Indie Rock'n'roll once and was smitten.

'The War on Drugs', 'The Killers'... & people thought 'The Electric Prunes' was a dumb name 50 yrs ago.... :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, JustDan said:

'The War on Drugs', 'The Killers'... & people thought 'The Electric Prunes' was a dumb name 50 yrs ago.... :rolleyes:

The Beatles? ;)